Anyone mount RMR directly onto 10mm slide? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mount RMR directly onto 10mm slide?

leeward419
11-24-2011, 05:24
I was looking at the carver mount, but it really increases the size of the gun, and I dont want to take a chance on hurting the pin holes in the frame, and it is expensive. I am thinking of mounting a red dot, Trijicon RMR or Burris fast fire directly to the slide. I am leaning towards the fiber optic, tritium version of the Trijicon RMR thinking, without electronics less to fail with 10mm battering and it can be gotten for a hundred bucks or so less than the electronic version. Or is this not a concern with current crop of RMRs. Kind of leery of the Burris, only because I know trijicon makes some tough stuff. I will be utilizing this for hunting, and it will be exposed to some rough usage. If It turns out the carver mount is the way to go I will likely get a 2x handgun scope or an aimpoint (again it is expensive). But damn, I have a hard time spending 150 dollars on a mount. I dont mind spending the money on the right solution ( I will save longer), but I dont want to spend more than I have too.
Thank You for any input on this.

21Carrier
11-24-2011, 05:45
Yeah, there's a guy around here with a G20L with a red dot. Another guy or two are in the process of building such a gun. Look through the old threads.

leeward419
11-24-2011, 05:57
I have been looking on the "sights and optics" section of glocktalk, will try here too.
will do, thank you!

XmmAUTO
11-24-2011, 11:12
As far as I know, Gabe Suarez of Suarez International was the first to melt the red dots into the Glock slide. One source tactical will mill your slide as well a Bowie tactical concepts and I'm sure there are others. When I have the money to I will be melting a trijicon RMR LED version on my carry Glock 20. I would recommend the LED version over the dual illuminated. The dual illuminated one will have more issues with reticle washout over the LED just as the original reflex sight. Battery life on the LED is roughly two years. As always do your research and buy what will work for you.

nickE10mm
11-24-2011, 12:33
I've hear NOTHING but raving reviews about the melted RMR's... And mixed reviews about every other sight. When the RMR came out it set THE standard.

I thought about seeing about melting one onto my Fusion but cost is a huge factor. It would probably cost me over a G to do. Can't justify the expense now but f I were rich, I'd have a 3 or 4MOA RMR melted in.

ArmyDoc
11-24-2011, 14:19
Have one on my G21, and love it! Planning to get a conversion barrel for 10mm soon.

leeward419
11-24-2011, 17:56
I am leaning towards mounting directly to slide, probably wont mill it, at least not at first. Wil lstart with mount that fits into dovetail from rear sight. I will likey get the trijicon RMR. I save enough from not buying the carver mount to get the RMR electronic battery operated version. Thanks again for the input.
Army Doc, Shot my new g20for the first time today, love the pistol and 10mm. I will be getting KKM barrel soon too. Have fun!.