Don't like guns? Well, get used to it [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Don't like guns? Well, get used to it

HerrGlock
11-24-2011, 05:06
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/opinion/mailbag/robert-rich-jr-don-t-like-guns-well-get-used/article_ef0d856c-162c-11e1-b67a-001cc4c002e0.html

Bren
11-24-2011, 05:22
Yep, it'll be terrible. Look at the death and chaos in the 48 states that had concealed carry before WI.:upeyes:

Spartacus100
11-24-2011, 05:23
While the writer of that article comes across as quite a tool, he's right. Ultimately its the store owners who lose out as those with CHL's will simply spend their hard earned money elsewhere. Here in Texas, when the CHL law first passed years ago, i remember the same type of mindset from both sides and the "no gun" signs were seen way more often than they are now. i would be willing to bet that over time, those Wisconsin store/business owners will slowly drop the signs when they see that CHL holders are decent people and that there will not be shootouts in the streets every day. The only place i can recall seeing a sign for no guns (aside from the places the law prohibits) was at a Toys R Us a few weeks ago. And their sign wasnt the legal one required by the state. just a thought. :2gun: G19 G36

firefighter4215
11-24-2011, 05:24
Someday he may understand. Probably not though.

happyguy
11-24-2011, 05:38
Yep, no matter where you go, there you are.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

huggytree
11-24-2011, 05:38
if i was someone who robs people/businesses i would specifically look for a business which has a NO GUN sign(i dont want to get shot)

if i was insane and wanted to do a Mass Murder I would specifically look for a place with a NO GUN sign (i want to maximize my # of kills)

what this person doesnt realize is that a NO GUN sign makes them less safe

if takes more than 30 seconds of deep thought and thats why he cant figure it out....He FEELS safer with no guns and thats as far as his Deep thoughts go

rewster
11-24-2011, 05:39
What a jackass !!

Jake Starr
11-24-2011, 05:46
I am thankful that Mr. Rich lives in Wisconsin.

Steve50
11-24-2011, 06:13
shallow thinker

Silent_Runner
11-24-2011, 06:46
I think the author has gotten used to being an idiot.

ComeAndGetThem
11-24-2011, 06:46
"I applaud said places and commend them for providing a safe haven for those uncomfortable among the armed."

Yeah, a sign means there'll be no guns present.

Tx-SIG229
11-24-2011, 07:23
having lived there for 8.5 yrs was enough for me.

vafish
11-24-2011, 07:32
What Mr. Rich doesn't understand is that people were carrying guns around him well before the law was passed.

But they were criminals and doing so illegally, they didn't obey the law and they won't obey signs.

Jon_R
11-24-2011, 07:46
The sign provides a gun free zone.... :rofl:

The entire state basically had a sign prohibiting concealed weapons before they adopted a concealed weapon program. How did that work out for everyone? No gun crimes right?

Scott3670
11-24-2011, 20:06
Holy crap, that guy is a complete tool. I wonder if he'll change his views once studies show (as they have in the past) that crime doesn't increase just because law-abiding citizens are given the right to protect themselves.

ncglock19
11-24-2011, 21:24
Anyone mind sending him the "I won't shop where my CC is not allowed" sign?

nc19

xmanhockey7
11-24-2011, 21:33
He should carry a no firearms sign around with him. Should someone attempt to rob him or shoot him he could just tell them the sign says they can't have a gun there. This is him:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8

taurn88
11-24-2011, 22:29
This guy is doomed, he will find that there won't be as much "gun free" businesses as he thinks there are. But it won't matter, he'll probably never know who's carrying or not.

iluv2viddyfilms
11-25-2011, 00:35
He seems disrespectful to people who wish to carry. Understand that in Iowa at least, those signs have no criminal/legal weight. You can carry into a store that says no firearms allowed, until they specifically ask you to leave. And then the issue becomes trespassing with no bearing on the weapon.

Sheepdog Scout
11-25-2011, 00:59
Oh my God, there's going to be blood everywhere!!!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i302/Master_Mold/panic.gif

Fred Hansen
11-25-2011, 01:19
Getting used to what useless liberal ******-bag pantywaists want is what got our country into its current sorry state. It's high time the rest of us do exactly the opposite of what they want.

MediaMan
11-25-2011, 02:48
Two words:

Luby's. Killeen.

Bren
11-25-2011, 05:48
if i was someone who robs people/businesses i would specifically look for a business which has a NO GUN sign(i dont want to get shot)

if i was insane and wanted to do a Mass Murder I would specifically look for a place with a NO GUN sign (i want to maximize my # of kills)

what this person doesnt realize is that a NO GUN sign makes them less safe

Maybe they've been watching "The First 48" and they've learned that nearly all serious crime is committed by some guys from the hood who can't read a "no guns" sign?:whistling:

EAJuggalo
11-25-2011, 06:02
He seems disrespectful to people who wish to carry. Understand that in Iowa at least, those signs have no criminal/legal weight. You can carry into a store that says no firearms allowed, until they specifically ask you to leave. And then the issue becomes trespassing with no bearing on the weapon.

Please don't advocate breaking the law, and espousing what your state does for punishment, if you're not also going to state what the law is in the state we are discussing.

In Wisconsin those signs do carry legal weight and it is a fairly hefty fine.

pipedreams
11-25-2011, 07:41
Please don't advocate breaking the law, and espousing what your state does for punishment, if you're not also going to state what the law is in the state we are discussing.

Maybe you could post a link that provides more details about the WI. law regarding posted signs.

SCmasterblaster
11-25-2011, 08:47
:shocked:VT Has OC/CC without a permit. No massive gun crime wave here.:shocked:

jeffyjeff
11-25-2011, 09:21

he's not advocating breaking the law. in iowa, a sign that says no firearms allowed means nothing so carrying into a place with a sign like that isn't a crime. i don't think he said anything with regard to law in wisconsin~

of course, i don't think i've ever seen a single place with a no guns allowed sign, but i live in a small town.

LL6
11-25-2011, 11:12
:shocked:VT Has OC/CC without a permit. No massive gun crime wave here.:shocked:
VT is # 49 of 50 for state population. The city of Charlotte, NC has more inhabitants. So nothing massive possible. Of course I'm sure total crime in Charlotte is probably greater, too.

If VT wasn't so far north I might consider moving there, sounds like a nice place.

http://geography.about.com/od/lists/a/statepop.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte,_North_Carolina

Oramac
11-25-2011, 11:29
While the writer of that article comes across as quite a tool, he's right. Ultimately its the store owners who lose out as those with CHL's will simply spend their hard earned money elsewhere.

You are absolutely correct. Like it or not, it's the store owners option to post a sign. It's also our option, as CCW permit holders, to not shop there.

Sheepdog Scout
11-25-2011, 18:33

It's because you people from Vermont are always happy. How couldn't you be when you're surrounded by maple syrup and teddy bears.:supergrin:

NMGlocker
11-25-2011, 19:32
Just a fine or jail time?
Because I'm more than willing to play the concealed carry lottery if it's only a fine.

SouthernBoyVA
11-25-2011, 20:45
You'll notice my sig.

Perhaps if and when some lowlife maggot begins his process of killing Mr. Rich, he may come to realize that reality often does not mirror wishful thinking. Only at that point will it be kind of late to have a turn of heart and finally gain some common sense. Of course he could direct his attacker's attention to the gunbuster sign. Maybe the perp will suddenly get scared and leave post haste.

Naw, I doubt it. Those signs haven't managed yet to strike fear in the chests of evil doers. Nope, he'll just watch his life's blood and other bodily fluid stain his clothes and make a mess where he lays. "If only I had a gun...." might exit his lips in his final moments.... maybe. But hey, he'll be the next poster child for the Brady Bunch and their ilk.

Funny thing about fools. All to often they play a roll in their own demise. Darwinism at work.

EAJuggalo
11-26-2011, 06:50
Just a fine or jail time?
Because I'm more than willing to play the concealed carry lottery if it's only a fine.

up to $1000 and the probable loss of your carry license.

NMGlocker
11-26-2011, 08:02
up to $1000 and the probable loss of your carry license.
Spin the wheel baby because I'd carry right past the signs then.

RLE
11-26-2011, 08:27
It's also our option, as CCW permit holders, to not shop there.
Exactly. I can always find a business without one of those signs and spend my money there.

smokin762
11-26-2011, 08:34
At the end of the article he says if you want to go into a place that is posted, you will have to leave your gun in the car.

What he does not understand is that competing business will not have those signs and you can shop or eat there and those businesses will profit from their stand by not making a CCW person keep their gun in the car while shopping or eating.

When the CCW law went into effect here in Ohio, I saw a lot of business where I live put up “No Gun” stickers on their doors. Business started to slack off for them and their competitor’s started to catch on real quick, that taking those little signs off the door means more money for the store and people started to go to those stores more frequently.

You can have your personal beliefs and you have your rights, however I wouldn’t let those things destroy your business. Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.:cool:

Bucky89
11-26-2011, 08:51
Only 4 weeks until I move out of this ****ty state.

If you folks would like a REALLY good laugh, I suggest you check out some of the gun related articles on the "CapTimes" website (it's a Wisconsin publication so liberal, it'll make Obama look like Hitler).

SCmasterblaster
11-26-2011, 16:05
If we had a writer like him in NH or even VT, he would be looking for a job soon.

michael e
11-26-2011, 16:33
I have yet to see a legal sing in Texas , only ones that are right are at the bars and thats a TABC one. If I had went somewhere with the correct one I would not go in, we are not allowed to carry at the post office so I do not use the USPS for anything. Not sure of the laws for your state but to us a no gun means nothing, has to be post 30.06 exactly as state says. Have seen a lot of wrong ones, and I usually carry past them and do not visist that place again.

Glockz0r
11-26-2011, 16:38
Only 4 weeks until I move out of this ****ty state.

If you folks would like a REALLY good laugh, I suggest you check out some of the gun related articles on the "CapTimes" website (it's a Wisconsin publication so liberal, it'll make Obama look like Hitler).

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :wavey:

Bucky89
11-26-2011, 16:44
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. :wavey:

Enjoy the baja hoodies and drum circles:tongueout::rofl:

Glockz0r
11-26-2011, 16:47
Enjoy the baja hoodies and drum circles:tongueout::rofl:

Nah, I live in the Fox Valley area which doesn't attract that sort of crowd in large numbers. :supergrin:

I would never choose to live in the southern half of the state. :whistling: