ok, to end all the confusion.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ok, to end all the confusion....

bdhawk
11-25-2011, 07:46
this is the word from me, the guy that pretty much knows all about everything. i am going to end all the arguments about concealed carry.

the very best concealed carry gun is the G27, with a +1 pierce pinky grip extension. keep it stock, but.....if you must, you can change out the sights.

the very best holster, for concealed carry, is the comp tac MTAC. it has very nice poly belt clips without crosses, swastikas, or rosary beads. get a comp tac spare mag holster, as well.

the very best ammo is the 180 gr, XTP.

they very best belt for concealed carry is the wilderness instructor belt, five stitch 1 3/4" width. black is the best, but i guess color is not that big a deal.

the very best carry flashlight is by streamlight. there are many to choose from, pick the one that best suits your needs. just make sure it is streamlight, and get a suitable carry method for it.

ok, that is it. go to your nearest gun store and buy the gun and ammo, and get online and buy the holster and belt. 'nuff said, nothing else is acceptable.

English
11-25-2011, 08:07
they very best belt for concealed carry is the wilderness instructor belt, five stitch 1 3/4" width. black is the best, but i guess color is not that big a deal.

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you say things like that. Black is the only colour for a five stitch 1 3/4" width wilderness instructor belt. Your credibility has just gone right down.

English

MadMonkey
11-25-2011, 08:25
I disagree, my M-Tac isn't as comfortable as OWB for me.

coonracing18
11-25-2011, 08:27
ya wait a second...i think the G23 is the best carry gun with a blackhawk holster....how can a 27 and a 23 both be the best at the same time? grow up pal, its all personal preference! what a joke:rofl:

SCmasterblaster
11-25-2011, 08:41
For me the best is a G17 in an OWB Bianchi #4/4L with 17 115gr JHP +p loads. OC here in NH/VT.

G26AZ
11-25-2011, 09:32
BDHAWK - thank you so much for clearing that up for us! If I could, I'd like you to add your infinite wisdom to the folowing subjects as well:

1. What is the best knife for CCW? Foldable or fixed? Serrated or plain edge?

2. The best pepper spray?

3. Taser - carry one or not?

4. Ballistic vest - good idea or not?

5. Best CCW badge maker?

Thank you for considering these further points as well!

jb1911
11-25-2011, 10:43
this is the word from me, the guy that pretty much knows all about everything. i am going to end all the arguments about concealed carry.

the very best concealed carry gun is the G27, with a +1 pierce pinky grip extension. keep it stock, but.....if you must, you can change out the sights.

the very best holster, for concealed carry, is the comp tac MTAC. it has very nice poly belt clips without crosses, swastikas, or rosary beads. get a comp tac spare mag holster, as well.

the very best carry flashlight is by streamlight. there are many to choose from, pick the one that best suits your needs. just make sure it is streamlight, and get a suitable carry method for it.

ok, that is it. go to your nearest gun store and buy the gun and ammo, and get online and buy the holster and belt. 'nuff said, nothing else is acceptable.

I disagree.

Thick45
11-25-2011, 11:06
I'll stick with the G22 with a holster of my own design for carry....but I like your confidence...:cool:

GlockOnBoard
11-25-2011, 14:38
I agree on the carry gun :thumbsup:

JuneyBooney
11-25-2011, 14:43
How can you expect to be taken seriously when you say things like that. Black is the only colour for a five stitch 1 3/4" width wilderness instructor belt. Your credibility has just gone right down.

English

:rofl:

John Rambo
11-25-2011, 14:48

Yeah, if you're a pansy who can't handle a 10mm.

as400guy1
11-25-2011, 14:52
I prefer a Colt 1917 on a lanyard around my neck, thank you.

xmanhockey7
11-25-2011, 14:55
Streamlight is the best thought. I love my microstream.

cowboy1964
11-25-2011, 15:17
Yeah, if you're a pansy who can't handle a 10mm.

10mm barely has half the energy of a .50 AE. Talk about wimpy.

cowboy1964
11-25-2011, 15:20

English

Well their web site is broken then because it lets me choose other colors for the 1 3/4" Original belt.

K1tt3n5
11-25-2011, 15:21
The best gun for carry is an auto mp5 or a Thompson just saying.

WayaX
11-25-2011, 15:23
He didn't answer whether or not to carry one in the chamber...whatever am I to do?!?

Somehow, I think we got trolled.

John Rambo
11-25-2011, 15:24
10mm barely has half the energy of a .50 AE. Talk about wimpy.

Sir, if you can conceal a .50 then I tip my 10,000 gallon hat to you in earnest. That is far better than a 10mm indeed.

X-Concealment
11-25-2011, 15:30
5. Best CCW badge maker?

CCW badge? Is that still in a discussion?

PA Wizard
11-25-2011, 15:39
Sir, if you can conceal a .50 then I tip my 10,000 gallon hat to you in earnest. That is far better than a 10mm indeed.

Well...... A friend of mine (an FFL) only carries a .50 Desert Eagle as his CCW weapon. Carries in a shoulder holster too, Winter and Summer.
Don't ask me..... But he does, so....

Wiz

P.S. This is NOT a joke or put on!!

edcrosbys
11-25-2011, 15:48
Open carry would have prevented this!

SouthernBoyVA
11-25-2011, 16:04
"this is the word from me, the guy that pretty much knows all about everything"'

At this point, all credibility was lost. Hopefully the gentleman was using a little tongue-in-cheek humor.

LawScholar
11-25-2011, 17:02
Well...... A friend of mine (an FFL) only carries a .50 Desert Eagle as his CCW weapon. Carries in a shoulder holster too, Winter and Summer.
Don't ask me..... But he does, so....

Wiz

P.S. This is NOT a joke or put on!!

Pff. Big whoop. I carry a 20mm recoilless rifle in a Blackhawk Unfeasible IWB.

And an extra mag.

IndyGunFreak
11-25-2011, 17:11

English

:rofl: :rofl:

At first I was thinking... "Hmm, I don't think someone really understands this is probably a joke..." then I actually "got" your post, and chuckled..

Well done.

bdhawk
11-25-2011, 17:33
hey guys, it was just a joke. just trying to be tongue-in-cheek, i thought it was obvious. next time i will use some emoticons, or something.

guns, holsters, knives, belts, flashlights, etc., are choosen to fulfill individual needs. my statements are true for me, but i know others needs are different.

BTW, i have two 10MMs, and i do carry the G20, on occasion.

Iflyfish
11-25-2011, 17:54
I'm average height, weight, looks. What kind of girl should I marry?:rofl:

bdhawk
11-25-2011, 18:54

one with average height and weight, above average looks, and loads of money.

unit1069
11-25-2011, 19:25

I'm sure with this opening you never intended to spark a debate, right?:whistling:

janice6
11-25-2011, 19:29

If I tell you the perfect woman, she will not be available to me. Nice try but forget it dude. Find your own girl.

Angry Fist
11-25-2011, 19:33
CCW flashbang is missing.

Good setup, OP.

bdhawk
11-25-2011, 19:40
I'm sure with this opening you never intended to spark a debate, right?:whistling:

yep, i was doing some chain yanking. it was my attempt at 'trash talking', trying, good naturedly[probably misspelled], to elicit a response.

The Hawk
11-25-2011, 19:45
Hey bdhawk, while you are at it, would you advise us on the best vehicle to drive?
By the way, I got your humor and enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.
Also, what color should this vehicle be?

bdhawk
11-25-2011, 19:57
Hey bdhawk, while you are at it, would you advise us on the best vehicle to drive?
By the way, I got your humor and enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.
Also, what color should this vehicle be?

well...... those wishing to emulate me, should drive an intense pearl blue jeep TJ, '03 sport model. and..... if you really want to 'be like the mighty bdhawk', get you a 2005 suzuki S83, 1400cc, motorcycle, as well.

The Hawk
11-25-2011, 20:04
Hmmm. From one Hawk to another Hawk, I am close. I drive a '97 Jeep and also have an '03 Corvette. However, it looks like I will have to get them repainted, as they are both black.
I tend to do better with 4 wheels, so I am going to pass on the motorcycle.
OK, now, what kind of beer shall we partake of? I bet that will get some folks attention!

bdhawk
11-25-2011, 20:14
looks like i have a fan base, now. here are some more 'very best items' to live life the best it can be.

wristwatch-----casio GSHOCK mudman
knife-----byrd raven with semi-serrated, folder, blackened blade [only thing, i just lost mine a couple of days ago, so now i am carrying a gerber]
taser----no need, what can a taser do that a G27 cannot do better [just kidding]
cell phone----casio gzone, commando. like the GSHOCK of cell phones
cigars---any nice hand rolled churchill maduro
beer----shiner bock
scotch---most any single malt
iced tea---strong brewed, lose leaf lipton, with absolutely no sugar anywhere near it
armored vest----no need, just gorilla tape trauma plates in strategic areas
boots----timberland, take your pick

i will take special requests for more advise on 'bout anything.

Metal_Tiger
11-25-2011, 20:26
I got the joke kinda of and I agree with the G27. The rest not so much.

bdhawk
11-25-2011, 20:28
Hmmm. From one Hawk to another Hawk, I am close. I drive a '97 Jeep and also have an '03 Corvette. However, it looks like I will have to get them repainted, as they are both black.
I tend to do better with 4 wheels, so I am going to pass on the motorcycle.
OK, now, what kind of beer shall we partake of? I bet that will get some folks attention!

krylon makes a rattlecan called 'true blue'. close to intense pearl blue, and cheaper than a bodyshop.

The Hawk
11-25-2011, 20:32
krylon makes a rattlecan called 'true blue'. close to intense pearl blue, and cheaper than a bodyshop.

OK, gotta sign off now. Headed to Wally World for a little shopping. Hope I don't get any spray paint on my new watch.

SouthernBoyVA
11-25-2011, 20:33
Ok, bdhawk... two questions;

Does a dinkworth kibble in his reebers?

What is the difference between a duck?

BTW, love a sense of humor. If you can't laugh, what good are you anyway?

bdhawk
11-25-2011, 20:40
Ok, bdhawk... two questions;

Does a dinkworth kibble in his reebers?

What is the difference between a duck?

BTW, love a sense of humor. If you can't laugh, what good are you anyway?

question 1.....only if he has had too many shiner bocks

question 2.....a duck has to duck if you throw a flashbang at his head.

Goat 36
11-25-2011, 21:05

Nice. Confidence and a lack of apologies always make for a good post. Like it or not.

I prefer my G36 in a High Noon right up close to the body.

Verizon/Casio may very well owe you some money soon. I'm very interested in the Gzone, Commando. Thanks for the heads-up.

bdhawk
11-25-2011, 21:13
Nice. Confidence and a lack of apologies always make for a good post. Like it or not.

I prefer my G36 in a High Noon right up close to the body.

Verizon/Casio may very well owe you some money soon. I'm very interested in the Gzone, Commando. Thanks for the heads-up.

the gzone [pronounced geez one] is perfect for me. water resistant, shock resistant, great speakers, and i think it is cool lookin'. great for watchin'
hickok45 on YOUTUBE, while i am sitting on the pot.

Goat 36
11-25-2011, 21:24
the gzone [pronuced geez one] is perfect for me. water resistant, shock resistant, great speakers, and i think it is cool lookin'. great for watchin'
hickok45 on YOUTUBE, while i am sitting on the pot.

Ha. Yeah, I was diggin the thermometer, altimeter, compass, gps, etc. for 'adventurin.' (Yes, of course I know other phones can probably access an ap that'll do all that as well.)

I could probably watch ol' Hickock tearin up his personal plinking gallery while I'm stokin the camp fire and turning the spit.

Angry Fist
11-26-2011, 09:17
i will take special requests for more advise on 'bout anything.
Skinny chicks, or fat? :whistling:

bdhawk
11-26-2011, 10:19
Skinny chicks, or fat? :whistling:

obviously, somewhere near the middle is ideal. but, once again, preference comes into play. i think paris hilton's backside is more attractive than kim kardasion's. many disagree. i think a woman that is way overweight is repugnant, on the other hand, one that is too thin, well i have seen them that makes me afraid i would cut myself on 'em.

my wife, at 51, has a few extra pounds on her. but, she is pretty and she still gets my juices flowing.

bmoore
11-26-2011, 10:22
You were close but Surefire makes the best lights. With streamlight a close second.

The Hawk
11-26-2011, 13:12
OK bdhawk, this is a little creepy. I also carry a model 27. We both have 2003 vehicles. Now you tell us your wife is also 51! Dang, are you as good looking as me too? :whistling:

bdhawk
11-26-2011, 13:21
OK bdhawk, this is a little creepy. I also carry a model 27. We both have 2003 vehicles. Now you tell us your wife is also 51! Dang, are you as good looking as me too? :whistling:

look at my avatar, of course i am better looking, and i do not know what you look like. do you have to wear a 'NO, I AM NOT BRAD PITT' tee shirt?

SevenSixtyTwo
11-26-2011, 13:36
I agree on the G27 and Streamlight. I prefer a leather OWB holster at 4 o'clock with a light cover shirt. I like a big ol' phat booty on the wemmings! Yeah, honest, sense of humor and all that other stuff matters a little too.:supergrin:

ADK_40GLKr
11-26-2011, 14:49
hey guys, it was just a joke. just trying to be tongue-in-cheek, i thought it was obvious. next time i will use some emoticons, or something..

Hey, BD, you gotta remember, some of these guys are very concrete thinkers: "all mixed up and permanently set!". :tongueout:

catalyst686
11-26-2011, 14:51

:rofl:
[/QUOTE] the very best holster, for concealed carry, is the comp tac MTAC. it has very nice poly belt clips without crosses, swastikas, or rosary beads. get a comp tac spare mag holster, as well.

imjustron
11-26-2011, 14:59
Well, crap. I got the holster right, but my G36 is the wrong model and my 1-1/2" Comp-tac belt is wrong too. Guess I better get to ordering and get these faults corrected...

bdhawk
11-27-2011, 09:22
Well, crap. I got the holster right, but my G36 is the wrong model and my 1-1/2" Comp-tac belt is wrong too. Guess I better get to ordering and get these faults corrected...

that's the spirit!!

The Hawk
11-27-2011, 12:25
look at my avatar, of course i am better looking, and i do not know what you look like. do you have to wear a 'NO, I AM NOT BRAD PITT' tee shirt?

Good one. No tee shirt needed here. I heard when Santa asked Brad Pitt what he wanted for Christmas, all he asked for was to be as cool as bkhawk. :rofl: