Pivot pin? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pivot pin?

Jerry
11-26-2011, 11:53
Ok all you AR-15 gurus. I have 70’s vintage colt. The pivot pin is the type with a retaining screw in the left end of the pivot pin. The screw must be removed to push the pin out. I’ve ordered a push button type, but then started thinking. I’ll have to completely remove it to separate upper and lower rather than it staying in the right-hand “ear” of the lower like the take down pin does. Right? Also, since the rifle doesn’t have a detent pin (in right the ear of the lower) I couldn’t use a “push-pin” like some ARs are equipped with right? :dunno:

faawrenchbndr
11-26-2011, 12:22
Ritght.

Unless you drill the receiver for a detent spring & pin.

TedG
11-26-2011, 12:31
You probably shouldn't go anywhere near it with a drill. :shocked:

faawrenchbndr
11-26-2011, 13:02

I would leave it just as it is,.....mut many old Colts have been drilled for a
detent pin.

Jerry
11-26-2011, 13:03
Ritght.

Unless you drill the receiver for a detent spring & pin.

Thanks!

I agree!

Actually after looking at it my thought was… I could drill it and install a detent pin and spring. I’m capable and have the tools, i.e. drill press with vice, to do it. However, I really don’t want to do anything that can’t be returned to original. I’ll live with the push pin release pivot pin. :supergrin:

faawrenchbndr
11-26-2011, 13:09
That would be my choice if it were my lower receiver.

Jerry
11-26-2011, 13:34
That would be my choice if it were my lower receiver.

I wanted a muzzle brake on my 70s vintage Remington 700 30 06. I agonized over it for weeks. I finally decided to do it. I really like the brake but still hate the fact that I had to “destroy” the original barrel. I'm weird like that. :supergrin: