Which one? BCM BFH Lightweight or SS410 16" Middy? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which one? BCM BFH Lightweight or SS410 16" Middy?

ColdBlooded
11-26-2011, 23:12
I would like to get one of these, but can't decide. I have a lower to fill, and will eventually install a Troy Alpha Rail 13" no sight. They are both awesome platforms, but to be honest they are my choices that are of what is in stock at the moment.

I will most likely never shoot enough rounds to put the BFH to work, but I most likely will never need the extra accuracy from a Stainless barrel. I have really wanted a lightweight platform for a while as I have a medium contour PSA middy dissy, and a Govt. profile Spikes Middy.

What say y'all?

mjkeat
11-26-2011, 23:31
If you've wanted it for a while go for it. I was in the same boat until I came across a great deal and jumped on it. It was a good decision.

boomhower
11-27-2011, 00:25
You want LW and don't need the accuracy of SS, seems like an easy choice.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

TedG
11-27-2011, 05:53
My Lightweight BCM has become my favorite. Unless you are a mag-dump shooter, I'd highly recommend the LWT. Earlier this week, I kept all my shots in a 4" circle at 100 yds. Good enough for government work.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/TedG954/2011-09-26.jpg

Singlestack Wonder
11-27-2011, 11:38
The SS410 barrel has a USMC SAM-R chamber and is designed for the DMR role. If extreme accuracy is what you need, the SS410 barrel is the best choice. If superior accuracy with the added weight is not what you are looking for, go with the lightweight.

stopatrain
11-27-2011, 11:50
I love the lightweight barrel.

ddbtoth
11-27-2011, 11:57
The 16" LWB is chrome lined too-which doesn't really add to the accuracy, just ease of cleaning. It's kind of nice to know that you don't have to clean it every single time you shoot it because of the chrome lining, but outside of the battle field, not really a concern. I have an 18" coming in on Tuesday from BCM, SS, that I'm really excited about. The 16" I got last month is a 4" 100 yard group (first outing) open-sight barrel, I'm very pleased with it. Be interesting to see what the 18" will do with the surplus Swiss ammo I bought 10 years ago.

BBJones
11-27-2011, 20:53
The 16" LWB is chrome lined too-which doesn't really add to the accuracy, just ease of cleaning. It's kind of nice to know that you don't have to clean it every single time you shoot it because of the chrome lining, but outside of the battle field, not really a concern. I have an 18" coming in on Tuesday from BCM, SS, that I'm really excited about. The 16" I got last month is a 4" 100 yard group (first outing) open-sight barrel, I'm very pleased with it. Be interesting to see what the 18" will do with the surplus Swiss ammo I bought 10 years ago.

Chrome lining is not just to ease cleaning. It extends barrel life. Hammer forging should also extend barrel life and in some case make a more accurate CL barrel.

ColdBlooded
12-05-2011, 17:56
Missed the sale, but ordered the BFH Lightweight anyway.

HAIL CAESAR
12-05-2011, 18:07
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/NoveskeLW145.jpg

Here is a pic of my new favorite rifle (for most things anyway).

Actually I converted it to FDE just tonight.

Singlestack Wonder
12-05-2011, 20:17

Did you buy the last SPR Mk12 with 14" DD Lite rail? I waited a day too long. :crying: