How'd I do? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How'd I do?

Cgrubb1
11-27-2011, 16:12
Went to a gun show this weekend with the wife. Just looking around, maybe some ammo, or a holster etc. Walked away with a new in box Ruger LCR. $350 OTD. Been thinking about a j-frame for a while to compliment my M&P .40c, and couldn't really pass up the price. Most of the LCRs at the LGS are around 450ish. Is 350 a good price where everyone else is?

boomhower
11-27-2011, 16:13
Good price around me, can't find them for less than $400 before tax.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

str8tshooter
11-27-2011, 16:30
I picked up two consecutive serial #'s for $379.00 each at the LGS about three months ago. so I'd say not too shabby!!!!

xmanhockey7
11-27-2011, 17:20
You got a great deal.

The Hawk
11-27-2011, 18:36
You did good. I guess Black Friday was extended to gun shows huh? Congrats to you. :cheers:

mgo
11-27-2011, 20:01
Went to a gun show this weekend with the wife. Just looking around, maybe some ammo, or a holster etc. Walked away with a new in box Ruger LCR. $350 OTD. Been thinking about a j-frame for a while to compliment my M&P .40c, and couldn't really pass up the price. Most of the LCRs at the LGS are around 450ish. Is 350 a good price where everyone else is?

You did well. Don't be too shocked when you fire that revolver using +P ammo. Recoil isn't painful, but after a few rounds your hand and wrist will be very tired. Muzzle flash is dramatic, too. Standard .38 specials are a different matter, and are pretty manageable. The LCR is a better J-frame sized revolver than the Smiths due to the improved cushion in the grip.
I would really love to see Ruger make a K-frame sized revolver with that polymer frame. Perhaps with a three inch barrel. That would be a much easier to shoot +P gun.