Need a little advice for BUIS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need a little advice for BUIS

catalyst686
11-27-2011, 18:04
Right now I have magpul BUIS, when folded down, I am unable to swing my magnifier because the sight is in the way. I am using a vortex 3x magnifier with swing mount. I've been looking at the Troy micro flip up sights. Will I be able to swing the magnifier and also be able to co witness through the red dot when the sights are deployed? Thanks for the help guys! Other suggestions are welcome also.

WoodenPlank
11-27-2011, 19:21
Right now I have magpul BUIS, when folded down, I am unable to swing my magnifier because the sight is in the way. I am using a vortex 3x magnifier with swing mount. I've been looking at the Troy micro flip up sights. Will I be able to swing the magnifier and also be able to co witness through the red dot when the sights are deployed? Thanks for the help guys! Other suggestions are welcome also.

The micro sights are made for rifles like the SCAR and HK416 with a higher top rail. They will not work correctly on an AR. The standard troy BUIS may be flatter to the rail than the Magpul ones when folded, but I am not sure. You could also consider a riser or taller mounts for your RDS and magnifier to give you the extra clearance needed.

BBJones
11-27-2011, 21:59
The micro sights are made for rifles like the SCAR and HK416 with a higher top rail. They will not work correctly on an AR. The standard troy BUIS may be flatter to the rail than the Magpul ones when folded, but I am not sure. You could also consider a riser or taller mounts for your RDS and magnifier to give you the extra clearance needed.

+1 to that.

pics would make it easier to diagnose also.

catalyst686
11-28-2011, 02:30
Does anyone know what the lowest profile sights are? I think I need to go that route.

AK_Stick
11-28-2011, 02:44
I think KNS or *shudder* Matech might be closer to flat than the Troy's are.

That said, I wouldn't take a free Matech. I've had nothing but problems with them breaking.

ravenkeeper98
11-28-2011, 04:10
I am using the A.R.M.S. #40L. I know it is old, but it works for me with an Eotech 512 and 3x Mag on the flip to side mount. Co-witness is perfect.

Glock Holliday
11-28-2011, 05:04
I run Troys on all my flattops... if it ain't broke, I ain't gonna fix it.