View Full Version : Benelli ?
What do you guys think of the benelli supervova tactical?
One simple word...LOVE
There are many more threads about it as well
ETA this is an old picture, now has a Streamlight PolyTac Mounted up front using an Elzetta mount
1. forend is strange, and it covers the loading port when the slide is open
2. stock is too long, there is 1 aftermarket stock with a shorter length of pull, but it is pretty expensive.
3. 3.5 inch shell capabillity is not needed, and it increases the pump stroke length which slows down the rate of fire.
4. finish is prone to chipping off
5. trigger is said to be very heavy
6. lack of aftermarket parts
7. ugly looking
1. reasonable price for what you get
2. very large loading port, easy to load quickly
3. Benelli name
4. recoil reducing comfortech stock in the non pistol grip model
5. nice sights
6. button on the forend that allows you to open the action without loading another shell from the magazine, enabling you to select a different sort of ammo quickly.
I would rather have a 590 or 870, but I wouldnt mind having a Supernova just to mess around with.
I'm getting one for X-mas. Nice little gift for myself. :whistling:
I think it's great. My buddy has one and when i shot it, I fell in "Love"
Very nice shotgun, Just wanted to see what everybody else thought.
Thanks for the replys.
It's a great gun i love mine even though it is now a safe queen and parts are not hard to find for it its heavy and does have a long stroke but... i dont care for any other shotguns i own 7 benelli's and i stick by them
You forgot some of the very positive pros:
The receiver is steel reinforced polymer like Glocks. It won't rust.
The barrel is chrome lined which aids in cleaning and rust prevention.
It comes with an awesome set of ghost ring sights
The large head safety factory standard (no need to buy aftermarket oversize jobs) is located on the front of the triggerguard not the rear like an 870 making it much easier to find and faster to use.
The gun can be detail stripped using only the magazine cap as a tool.
The bolt has a rotating head with two locking lugs as opposed to an 870 or Mosberg 500 series single locking lug.
It can fire up to 3.5" shells. Hey..I don't use 3.5" shells in my tactical guns but I have some steel 3.5" I keep in the stash and use for geese from time to time. So I could use it if I had to...
The slide release is on the right side of the shotgun which is much easier to use vs. the 870--Though I think the location of the Mossberg slide release is ideal.
Those are some of the meaningful pros I think have been overlooked.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.