Got my FFL and I have a question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got my FFL and I have a question

Glock 1
11-28-2011, 06:27
After almost 3 months, I finally have my FFL in hand. It came Saturday and I was quite surprised.

I have a question for all you FFL holders though. All I got was a single piece of paper. Will I get anything else? Like a convenient card to carry around should I chose to buy something while I am out and about?

I confess I was expecting a card with my picture since they asked for a pic anyway. Seems to me this piece of paper would be easily used by another person should they chose to be dishonest and steal a copy. Especially since I have to send a copy with all my weapons I mail to fellow FFL's.

Chuche2
11-28-2011, 06:34
That's all you will get. When we fax or send one with a common carrier we stamp it: FILE COPY ONLY.

Decguns
11-28-2011, 06:40
All you get is a license. You make copies of it and sign them. Most FFLs prefer you sign them in blue or red ink, even though a FAX'd copy of your signed licensed is now legal to make transfers (didn't used to be that way). There's also the FFL check on the ATF web site too. If I'm dealing with an FFL I don't know personally, I'll check their ID with their license. In a lot of face to face deals, savvy dealers also make a copy of your ID. Wholesalers will only send guns to the address on your license.

These are all things I wish people would learn before they get an FFL or C&R. Ignorance of standard procedures and the law can get you in hot water quick. Ignorance is not a defense in court.

Travclem
11-28-2011, 06:42
Make one copy and stamp it "File copy only" then make several hundred copies of this one to keep on hand. Keep your original in a safe place.

Glock 1
11-28-2011, 08:48
Yeah I knew about the File Copy only. I ordered a stamp for that, the FFL# and the business name (3 stamps). The ATF guy covered all this. I was just curious about the paper as it kinda seems flimsy. They put more effort into my driver’s license. Lol

I laminated my original after signing it. I have made many copies (before signature) and will use those. I have about 50 very high quality copies that I will use to make subsequent copies as the quality degrades if you over copy a copy.

Should I have not signed the original?

I have the ATF site FFL ezCheck saved on my computer along with a handheld image scanner for DL copies. IT is my career so CYA is second nature for me. I already have my A&D book (nobody told me about this) and ordered all my forms off the ATF site. My first couple of orders will be nerve racking I am sure. Just making sure I dot all my “I’s” and cross all my “t’s”.

TN.Frank
11-28-2011, 08:58
Not sure about your Type 01 but with my Type 03, C&R Lic. I got a set of books that had all the laws listed along with which firearms were C&R.
As other's have said, don't sign your original FFL, only sign the copies. You'll also need to keep a Bound Book(Brownell's sells them) and all the 4473's that folks fill out.

Bren
11-28-2011, 09:00
Be sure not to sign your original - at least they used to always want original signatures on the copies. May have changed with faxes and stuiff since I had one.

Glock 1
11-28-2011, 09:02
My ATF agent brought all of that to me when he did my interview. I got a couple of big books, some signage and alot of forms.

They still want original signatures. I did sign the original but took care of the copies first.

The_Gun_Guru
11-28-2011, 13:21
Should I have not signed the original?

ABSOLUTELY!!! You are NOT supposed to sign the original:wavey:

Not saying it will be an issue but it's very likely that it will be.

Good luck with your firearms business and don't forget....

Glock Talk member discounts are appreciated!:wavey:

TGG

Glock 1
11-28-2011, 19:19
You guys and gals will get the best deals I can give. I cant go into yet but it will happen. I will call the Agent and see if I can get a copy just in case.

Mr. Blandings
11-28-2011, 21:54
After almost 3 months, I finally have my FFL in hand. It came Saturday and I was quite surprised.

I have a question for all you FFL holders though. All I got was a single piece of paper. Will I get anything else? Like a convenient card to carry around should I chose to buy something while I am out and about?

I confess I was expecting a card with my picture since they asked for a pic anyway. Seems to me this piece of paper would be easily used by another person should they chose to be dishonest and steal a copy. Especially since I have to send a copy with all my weapons I mail to fellow FFL's.Wow. Joining "the industry", but completely unaware of the most basic info.

Seriously, please read those "big books". One of them will talk about the previously unmentioned A&D book.. a lot.

"Handheld image scanner for DL copies"? Is keeping a copy of the DL/ID a requirement under your state law or local ordinance? Federal law does NOT require such (check those "big books").

Bren
11-29-2011, 07:03
ABSOLUTELY!!! You are NOT supposed to sign the original:wavey:

Not saying it will be an issue but it's very likely that it will be.

Good luck with your firearms business and don't forget....

Glock Talk member discounts are appreciated!:wavey:

TGG

I would think he can take one of his copies, cut-out or white-out the signature, then make his copies for original signature.

srwm4
11-29-2011, 11:51
I would think he can take one of his copies, cut-out or white-out the signature, then make his copies for original signature.

OP said he made un-signed copies before signing the original, so none of this should really be an issue for him. 3 years from now, he'll get a new license anyway, and he'll know not to sign the original anymore.

No harm, no foul.

The_Gun_Guru
11-29-2011, 19:44

OP said he made un-signed copies before signing the original, so none of this should really be an issue for him. 3 years from now, he'll get a new license anyway, and he'll know not to sign the original anymore.

No harm, no foul.

You both make a good point, but....

Fact is he still signed the original when he should NOT have signed it!!!!:wavey:

I don't sign my ORIGINAL C&R because it clearly states, DO NOT SIGN ORIGINAL!!!!

Just sayin.

TGG

ggarciatx
11-30-2011, 16:22
Do not put off acquisitons or dispositions because you are tired, will do it tomorrow, it's late, etc. etc.... It is easy to forget and you might lose an entry. If and when they do an inspection, they will just scoop up your book and you cannot touch it when they do. I know one former FFL who would put off things and he got inspected. He had all the receipts at the front of the book and had not entered them for a week. He got a suprise inspection and got raked over the coals.
Protect that A&D book no matter what. Keep it in a waterproof locked place. Do not ever lose that book. When I worked for a gunstore/pawnshop, the first thing put away was the A&D book. It was more important than the other items to be put away at the end of the day.
Do not let any other "friends" look thru the A&D book. A part time employee of a rival local pawnshop that went out of business would look thru the A&D to see what guns were coming up for sale. He would tell his friends he was expecting a gun coming out that he planned on buying. He would show his friends the book, but one of them was a closet home burglar and hit houses based on the info provided. This was over 15 years ago. Idiot got caught and fessed up how he knew firearms were in the peoples homes.
always double check the 4473's, does not matter if the guy filling it out has bought a 100 guns from you. Sometimes they leave something out by mistake.
Good luck.

Glock 1
12-01-2011, 17:49
A funny thing about online forums like this is that you join so you can respond to help others by giving advice and guidance based on your knowledge and experience. Or, you can respond sarcastically and be counterproductive. I think sarcastic posts means you need to take a break from places like this and go get some fresh air or go shoot. I love to shoot. I find it clears my mind. I hope that helps.

Anyway, some of you have been very helpful and I appreciate that. You have provided many good tips above, especially since I haven’t started selling yet. I am still learning and yes, I am even reading the “big books”.

I have my A/D book and it is secure. I know it is extremely important and I know the ramifications of not keeping proper records. I am in the IT field by trade and compared to network security, gun sales paperwork pales in comparison. Record keeping shall be done correctly and promptly. I have no desire to go to jail.

The ATF agreed that the copies I made should suffice as long as they have an original signature which was my plan. They also said the signed original is not a problem as long as I have a supply of unsigned copies that are legible.
50 HD copies make an infinite number of copies. If I sell that many guns, I will hire someone to do it for me.

Also, my license does NOT state not to sign it. I read it front and back. My license says revised October 2011 so maybe they changed it but I assure you it does NOT state to not sign the original.

I know this business is very detail oriented and I know I have to be careful because the ATF can and will rape me over the coals if I screw up. Contrary to popular belief, I did do my research before applying. I came here and posted for advice from others and it would benefit me greatly to heed said advice based on others mistakes as mentioned above and save myself some headaches.

Once again, thank you again for all the guidance, it is greatly appreciated. Keep the tips coming if you think of anything else.

Glock 1
12-09-2011, 22:09
Read a crap load of books now and have yet another pack to pick up at the post office tomorrow from the DOJ. How many books will they send me? I keep getting stuff from them.

Glock 1
12-09-2011, 22:10
Don't get me wrong, its not that I mind but just as I think I can't read anymore boring ass laws I get another package.

Mr. Blandings
12-11-2011, 01:39
Hey Glock 1,

I apologize. I should have checked myself on that post, but failed in that regard.

The ATF website (atf.gov) provides a pretty extensive archive of past FFL Newsletters, FAQs, rulings, and other valuable resources. If you want a break from the "big books" the website can help.

If you ever really want to dive off the deep end and try to figure out how to make sense of it all, check out the mirror site of James Bardwell's extensive list of ATF letters, rulings, case law decisions and more at: http://www.titleii.com/bardwell/

Alan Korwin is a publisher who has produced a plethora of books explaining the federal gun laws, the gun laws of many different states, and I see he even has a book explaining worldwide gun laws now. His website, gunlaws.com (http://www.gunlaws.com), may be useful to you.

Glock 1
12-12-2011, 06:50
No worries at all. I have been an admin on a lot of forums like these in my time and know that the same ole, same ole gets old. Seeing someone embark on something that is as important as this with seemingly no knowledge can sometimes be frustrating.

Thank you for the post and the information. I have officially begun selling on Gunbroker. Just a couple of consignment guns from a close friend. I also sold me first new Glock today to local guy so I will get to experience the NICS and 4473 form which I have been going over lately to make sure I don’t make any mistakes.

Knighj1
12-12-2011, 09:23
What does this ffl give you the ability to do over the average joe? I know you can ship and receive firearms, but is that all? Also is it a pain and what are the cost associated with it? Thanks

srwm4
12-12-2011, 12:27
What does this ffl give you the ability to do over the average joe? I know you can ship and receive firearms, but is that all? Also is it a pain and what are the cost associated with it? Thanks

The FFL is a license to engage in business as a gun dealer/manufacturer/importer/etc depending on what type you get. An 01 FFL (basic Dealer/Gunsmith license) is able to buy and sell firearms as a business without going to federal prison for 10 years for violating the Gun Control Act of 1968.

While there are some perks (being able to ship handguns USPS can save a lot of money and hassle compared to having to ship them from a UPS/FedEx hub like non-licensees have to), FFLs are business licenses. A Type 01 FFL costs $200 for the first 3 years, with a $90 renewal fee every 3 years thereafter.

nyycanseco33
12-13-2011, 12:53
Tagged for later, also trying to get FFL

Glock 1
12-14-2011, 10:21
Good luck. I found the process remarkably easy. My ATF agent was and continues to be very helpful and friendly.

dsink
12-14-2011, 10:42
One word of advice. If you order a firearm for yourself, make sure you fill out the 4473 before you put it in your personal collection.
If you get a firearm from a local dealer and he does a transfer from himself to you, fill out the 4473.
Having your FFL's can be a pain in the butt. Double and triple check the forms when someone fills them out.

Good luck.

Walther_P99
02-05-2012, 17:26
So what is the word, is it OK he signed and made copies before he signed? Can you get an FFL reprinted by the ATF?

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 08:08
One word of advice. If you order a firearm for yourself, make sure you fill out the 4473 before you put it in your personal collection.
If you get a firearm from a local dealer and he does a transfer from himself to you, fill out the 4473.
Having your FFL's can be a pain in the butt. Double and triple check the forms when someone fills them out.

Good luck.

Why would I fill out the 4473 for myself? I was told that as long as I put it in my A&D that its in my personal collection I am fine. Surely I don't run a background check on myself. I never do the 4473 when getting a firearm from another dealer either. I swap FFL's. That is all that is needed.

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 08:12
So what is the word, is it OK he signed and made copies before he signed? Can you get an FFL reprinted by the ATF?

Yes it is ok. This is not rocket science as some would have you believe. Yes, you need to remain vigilant in filling out the forms and CYA. Make sure they are done correctly and make sure you keep your A&D book updated every time you move a gun in or out. Make sure you can tell where all your guns are just by looking at the book. and make sure it is accurate. Keep track of your 4473's in the manner you told the agent you would.

Make a crap load of really good copies off the original and you will never have to use it again.

Don't sign it if you haven't already. If you have, get a color scan copy of the signed original and you can email that to other FFL's.

The rules of what can be used are changing or have changed and I guess not everyone is keeping up. You can now fax or email or present a paper copy as long as it has a handwritten signature on it.

The ATF will reprint the original for $1.00. Call them and they will give you the address to send your original to be replaced.

The Habit
02-06-2012, 09:13
Is the BATFE still issuing FFL's for "kitchen table" dealers or do you need a B&M storefront?

Walther_P99
02-06-2012, 09:19
Yes it is ok. This is not rocket science as some would have you believe. Yes, you need to remain vigilant in filling out the forms and CYA. Make sure they are done correctly and make sure you keep your A&D book updated every time you move a gun in or out. Make sure you can tell where all your guns are just by looking at the book. and make sure it is accurate. Keep track of your 4473's in the manner you told the agent you would.

Make a crap load of really good copies off the original and you will never have to use it again.

Don't sign it if you haven't already. If you have, get a color scan copy of the signed original and you can email that to other FFL's.

The rules of what can be used are changing or have changed and I guess not everyone is keeping up. You can now fax or email or present a paper copy as long as it has a handwritten signature on it.

The ATF will reprint the original for $1.00. Call them and they will give you the address to send your original to be replaced.

Thanks for the heads up...

nyycanseco33
02-06-2012, 09:20
Is the BATFE still issuing FFL's for "kitchen table" dealers or do you need a B&M storefront?

Still issuing them but you have to show proof that you will perform as a business instead of supplying your own personal collection and after you are issued the FFL you have 30 days to comply with all federal and state/local laws for conducting that business... It seems overwhelming but it's not too bad, I'm in the process of getting mine

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 10:02
^This is true . The FFL application covers it. It says if you are getting your FFL for personal purchases only, you need not continue. Its pretty clear.

Don't let anyone convince you not to get it because you don't have a storefront. You are still a legit business with a website only, you just don't have the high overhead like a storefront.

The Habit
02-06-2012, 10:49
What do you need in terms of secure storage if you are going to run it out of your home?

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 11:05
If you have a closet in your house that you can lock up your guns you should be good. Now, that being said, you don't want like a bathroom door lock, you need it to be truly secure. Obviously, a guns safe is the best bet especially for your 4473's you have top keep.

You have to store inventory guns separate from personal guns and personal guns must be labeled "Do not sell" if in the same safe.

If the ATF shows up for a spot inspection you don not get a chance to "fix everything" before they look you over.

nyycanseco33
02-06-2012, 11:09
They also say you can store the guns at a separate location but all of your paperwork such as the 4473 forms must be at the location that is on the FFL license... Example: you keep paperwork at your house but can store guns at a locked storage unit if needed

nyycanseco33
02-06-2012, 11:19
Glock 1... How many are you thinking of keeping in stock? Or are you going to do order by demand, just order them when people buy from you? Also are you doing Internet sales only or interpersonal face to face sales also? Just curious how others are doing it so I can have a reference to go with

The Habit
02-06-2012, 11:40
Thanks for the info guys.

One last quick question: are you going to do transfers for individuals? If so, what are you going to charge? Transfer fees have been creeping up locally and the cheapest now is $25. Most FFLs are now charging $40-$50 for a transfer. It seems like undercutting the other local dealers on transfer fees would drum up a few extra bucks here and there.

TxGun
02-06-2012, 11:57

As an FFL license holder, you get flyers from all the big firearm wholesalers around the country, from which, obviously, you can buy guns at prices the "average joe" never sees.

Knighj1
02-06-2012, 12:08
I read and did not see this answer, but this would also allow me to purchase guns at the same price as my local gun shop? Do I have to have a business or business license or can I just get this for personal/family use?

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 12:08
Glock 1... How many are you thinking of keeping in stock? Or are you going to do order by demand, just order them when people buy from you? Also are you doing Internet sales only or interpersonal face to face sales also? Just curious how others are doing it so I can have a reference to go with

I have 5-20 guns for sale and in inventory at any given time. Right now I have 3 because I sold some but I go to Fedex today to pick up another bundle of fun. lol

I do face to face, Gun Broker and I have a website which is listed in my signature. I do not advertise it here out of respect for the GT admins. Once I have all my expenses covered then I plan on paying for advertising here.

I am in IT and I built my site myself so I have very little overhead for using the site. It is still a work in progress. I have 5 distributors I use so I can shop around for prices and deals.

Not having a store front does have one setback. Most manufacturers will nto sell to you, you have to go through a distributor, so my prices are a little higher than stores, or as I like to keep it, my profits are a little lower. I can compete but costs me having a middle man. Since it is not my main income its not a big deal. I have a 40 hour IT job to pay the bills.

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 12:11
I read and did not see this answer, but this would also allow me to purchase guns at the same price as my local gun shop? Do I have to have a business or business license or can I just get this for personal/family use?

You have to have and run a business. You cannot get an FFL just to buy for yourself. Yes, you have to have a business license.

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 12:14
When you get your license pm me and I will save you alot of leg work looking for distributors. I have 5 that are pretty much the only ones that will deal with non stocking dealers. I can email you the list of numbers and websites.

The list does you no good until you have your FFL.

nyycanseco33
02-06-2012, 12:23
That's what I plan on doing also, my dad designs websites so I can have that done with no problem... I also have a 40 hour a week Job to pay the bills so this will be just like a hobby and extra income all at the same time

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 12:30
Thanks for the info guys.

One last quick question: are you going to do transfers for individuals? If so, what are you going to charge? Transfer fees have been creeping up locally and the cheapest now is $25. Most FFLs are now charging $40-$50 for a transfer. It seems like undercutting the other local dealers on transfer fees would drum up a few extra bucks here and there.

Family = Free
Friends = $10.00
Friends who have purchased from me before = Free
Everyone else = $25.00

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 12:36
That's what I plan on doing also, my dad designs websites so I can have that done with no problem... I also have a 40 hour a week Job to pay the bills so this will be just like a hobby and extra income all at the same time

Get ready to play the “how do I ship this game”. When you ship out, ship USPS Priority and fill out the ps1508 form with each one. You can shop their site for free shipping supplies too. It’s your least expensive method. Fedex charges about 75-100 + a ritual blood sacrifice to ship firearms and ammo. I don’t sell ammo. I can get it cheaper but shipping ruins any profit.

Also, guns require your signature only. Noone else can sign for them so once you get the tracking numbers, get online and have them held at a location that is close to you because only you can pick it up. Most distributors overnight guns. I order one day and have them the next if I can have it held online fast enough.

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 12:48
One last bit of advice. Never assume you know it all when it comes to guns and the ATF. If you have any doubt at all, CTFM. Check the *^&$#$&() Manual. Or, ask on here on GT. You may get berated for not being prepared for this adventure but some will respond with helpful answers.

These guys and gals on GT know their stuff and I believe even those who respond rather gruffly really mean no harm. They know how tedious it can be to deal with the ATF and only wish you to be more prepared for this as anything we do wrong can very well be used against us by the anti-gun population and none of us wants that.

nyycanseco33
02-06-2012, 12:48
Excellent! Thank you Glock 1, this has been by far the most helpful thread I have ever been a part of... I am in NY so I have extra steps to go through to get the FFL but I am def pursuing this, have done extensive homework on it... Everybody here has been extremely helpful and I applaud everybody for helping our own here at GT :)

Glock 1
02-06-2012, 13:18
No problem and good luck. Remember I am new too so if someone offers you a different answer, you might want to double check with your ATF agent. They are generally very helpful. Let us know how it goes.

dsink
02-08-2012, 10:36
Why would I fill out the 4473 for myself? I was told that as long as I put it in my A&D that its in my personal collection I am fine. Surely I don't run a background check on myself. I never do the 4473 when getting a firearm from another dealer either. I swap FFL's. That is all that is needed.

Having your FFL's is a big CYA. If you have logged out a firearm to a different person/address than what it was logged into, there had better be a 4473 to go along with it.
Technally they say you dont have to but anything you can do to keep them happy and show that your trying your hardest to do everything by the book when they come out to do a audit will look better for you.

Glock 1
02-08-2012, 11:20
Having your FFL's is a big CYA. If you have logged out a firearm to a different person/address than what it was logged into, there had better be a 4473 to go along with it.
Technally they say you dont have to but anything you can do to keep them happy and show that your trying your hardest to do everything by the book when they come out to do a audit will look better for you.

I agree, it is a big CYA and a huge responsibility.

However, I buy from dealers and sell to dealers mostly. If I sell to a person I get a 4473. If I take an inventory gun for my own I log it out to me in my personal collection in A&D. I have picked up and dropped off guns to other FFL’s and I can tell you, they will not fill out a 4473.

I see your point but it’s does not seem reasonable to me. My distributors give me their FFL# and that is it. I log their company name and FFL as incoming and log the gun out to who I sold it too and get a 4473 on them unless I ship to a dealer. I store my 4473’s according to how I told the ATF I would and they are easily accessible. I only fill out 4473’s when I sell to an unlicensed person face to face. Other than that, I ONLY ship to other FFL’s and I get a copy of their FFL and verify it before I ship.

Let me ask you this:

When you buy from an LGS, do they fill out the 4473 on you?
When you sell to another FFL, do you ask them to fill one out?

I am not trying to be an ass, please don’t take it that way. I am just trying to figure out why I would want to fill it out. The book the ATF sent me that has the sample A&D entries shows it the way I do it and the agent did not mention me doing it. I know it’s a CYA but you can also get in trouble for doing it different than how they want it done.

dsink
02-08-2012, 11:59
Im sorry, I didnt make it very clear. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I do not require a dealer to fill one out. What I should have said was, If it is logged out to a different address/person than what it is logged into, unless its another dealer, then it should have a 4473 to go along with it. If its another dealer, you will have his FFL to go along with it, then I just log there FFL and name of business and keep a copy of there FFL on file. The FFL takes place of the 4473.

In my situation, I have a shop safe and then a personnal safe in another area. IF its in the shop safe then it hasnt been logged out yeat, only logged in. If I decide I want to buy it then I log it out to me and fill out a 4473. Then I move it to my personnal safe.

Technialy my FFL is for my business and business firearms. By filling out all the paper work, I have removed it from my business FFL and transfered it to my personal collection.
Sometimes when im at a gun store and they have a used firearm that I buy, I just fill out the 4473 there so I dont have to fool with it when I get home. I can take it home and stick it in my personal safe.

Hopefully that will clear up what I was trying to say before. Sorry about that...

Glock 1
02-08-2012, 12:19
Ok, I understand now. Do you actually do the NICS check though if you fill it out on yourself? In my case I am not an LLC or Inc yet so I am actually the one who is licensed. That is in the process of changing. Hindsight is 20/20 for sure. lol

chrisf608
02-08-2012, 12:37

I have never filled out a 4473 for myself, I asked this question at a meeting I had with an agent, she says "4473's are for the customers without FFL's"

Glock 1
02-08-2012, 13:34
That is what I was told too. I think he does it more for his own records. I wouldn't do it only because I have to turn those in if and when I discontinue my FFL. Not sure I want all those 4473's out there for me with no NTN on them. But, that is just me.

dsink
02-08-2012, 13:55
I dont do a background check on myself becouse in my state your CCW permit can act as your background check. I do staple a copy of it to the 4473.

Think of it this way. If you dont fill out a 4473 when you buy a firearm for yourself and you decide to go out of business. You have managed to purchase firearms without doing any paper work other than loging it out to yourself.

Maybe im wrong on this but like its already been stated, having them is a constant CYA on your part. It aint going to hurt a thing to do a little more paper work. Lord knows having them makes you a master at doing paper work..........

Ballcoach16
02-08-2012, 19:29
Just curious, what if your city does not require business licenses for Internet-based businesses, will BATF still approve app? What about distributors that want a copy of business license?

nyycanseco33
02-08-2012, 19:38
Just curious, what if your city does not require business licenses for Internet-based businesses, will BATF still approve app? What about distributors that want a copy of business license?

Will still approve as long as you show proof you will operate as a business regardless of having the business license or not

Ballcoach16
04-11-2012, 21:49
Talked to ATF today and should have my FFL by end of next week. What are the best wholesale distributors for a small, new FFL to use and why? I've been told CDNN and JSC. Any others who will readily trade with a new business without too much hassle? Thanks in advance for any info.

Glock 1
04-12-2012, 06:10
I replied to your PM as well.

Let me separate the types of distributors for you first.

Stocking dealers, and non stocking dealers. If you have a store front, you have a whole lot more options. If you are internet or face to face only, you are very limited. The list I sent you is the only 5 I have found with decent prices and willing to deal with non stocking dealers.

If they ask you if you keep some stock on hand for orders, say yes. If they ask for a picture of your store front and you don't have one, they only sell to stocking dealers.

CDNN doesn't look like a wholesaler, they look like a re-seller. Might want to ask though. JSC is a wholesaler but I think I found they only deal with stocking dealers. You can call Michelle @ 1-800-234-2612 x 6831 to confirm that.

Hope this helps.

Glock 1
04-12-2012, 06:11
Congrats on the FFL by the way. :cool:

Ballcoach16
04-12-2012, 21:02
Thanks for your help. I'll probably have some more questions later if it's not too much of a bother.

Glock 1
04-13-2012, 11:18
No bother, ask away.

nyycanseco33
09-10-2012, 22:18
Glock1 or anyone else who can answer this... I know you can't tell us exactly where you keep your gun safe but I'm trying to get an idea of where I should keep mine for when the ATF inspects me... the only large area I have is in a corner in the garage... do you think this would be acceptable for them as long as it was bolted to the wall and tap-cons through the concrete floor?

Glock 1
09-22-2012, 21:02
Sorry, I just noticed this.

My agent told me the garage was ok but they preferred it to be in the house. But, in a corner, and bolted down to the floor and walls is the way to go. I think garage would be okay though.