UC screwed themselves [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UC screwed themselves

CAcop
11-28-2011, 07:18
http://www.mercurynews.com/health/ci_19419961

I told you they would get ****ed. Before the day is out they will be begging cops to pepper spray people.

Kadetklapp
11-28-2011, 07:44
Screw it. Let 'em.

Chuck54
11-28-2011, 09:25
Marking the underground utilities so the protestors will avoid doing any damage? Sounds like they have been given permission to camp out as long as they want to.

Gee I hope nothing gets in the way of students just wanting to get their education.

Patchman
11-28-2011, 09:45
Reminds me of the Berkley and Columbia protests of the 1960s. At least at Columbia, the protests were always held near the end of the spring semesters (1965 to 1968 or 1969). Some cynically saw this as a way for some students to disrupt the school from giving finals, etc... while enjoying the nice spring weather.

But at least, a good time was had by all.

I'm just sorry I was a decade or so years too young and missed out.

RussP
11-28-2011, 09:51
The students want lower tuition, higher academic departmental funding, lower salaries for management, higher salaries for those "at the bottom."

Where is the money coming from to support the UC system if they lower tuition, increase academic funding and increase salaries "at the bottom", I guess meaning the educators? Reducing a few management salaries will probably not be enough. Alumni contributions might help. Grants from corporations, well they do not want corporations influencing decisions in government. Would it be appropriate to influence the education of young people who might grow up and become members of the governmental process? How about additional state funding? Oh, sorry, California is broke.

This should be interesting...

ETA: Wait, I remember now...firing all of the campus police will generate tons of money system wide.

msu_grad_121
11-28-2011, 10:28
Screw 'em, you reap what you sow, and personally, I hope they burn the effin campus down after the way they hung those officers out to dry. :steamed:

Kadetklapp
11-28-2011, 10:52
Screw 'em, you reap what you sow, and personally, I hope they burn the effin campus down after the way they hung those officers out to dry. :steamed:

Yep. Why raise a finger to do anything for that institution? They obviously don't care what the little ****s do in the first place, so let them pay the price. If I was chief, I'd suspend all my officers and myself and put us all under "investigation" until it blows over and let the campus decide which way was better. But, that's why I don't get put in charge...:whistling:

msu_grad_121
11-28-2011, 10:55
Yep. Why raise a finger to do anything for that institution? They obviously don't care what the little ****s do in the first place, so let them pay the price. If I was chief, I'd suspend all my officers and myself and put us all under "investigation" until it blows over and let the campus decide which way was better. But, that's why I don't get put in charge...:whistling:

Well, if it ever comes up, you've got my vote for Sheriff of UC Davis.

MeefZah
11-28-2011, 11:03
Good, hope those stinkin' losers destroy the campus and turn on each other, meanwhile let the coppers watch and do absolutely nothing.

acpd541
11-28-2011, 11:19
Good, hope those stinkin' losers destroy the campus and turn on each other, meanwhile let the coppers watch and do absolutely nothing.

Of course then they would be screaming "Why didn't the JBT Militia do anything to stop the violence?"

Can we nuke the place already?

NC Bullseye
11-28-2011, 12:56
That campus would make a great super WalMart.

lawman800
11-29-2011, 01:13
We never really recognized those northern campuses as being real "UC"s anyway... Berkeley was the first and they learned from their mistakes and then made it right by making UCLA. Davis was an experiment to inject some higher public education in a cowtown... I don't even know what the heck is Santa Clara... banana slugs? Really?

Let them have what they want. You get exactly the police you deserve, not what you need. Like Gotham, they got what they deserve, not what they need, to deserve, the need, but it's what they got... to deserve the need... arrrggghhh... DARK KNIGHT!!!

Newcop761
11-29-2011, 13:24
Like Gotham, they got what they deserve, not what they need, to deserve, the need, but it's what they got... to deserve the need... arrrggghhh... DARK KNIGHT!!!

You OK dude? Why the NorCal hate?

Sent from my Nexus One

lawman800
11-29-2011, 13:36
I don't hate NorCal, I just have UCLA pride. SoCal ROXXORS!!!

Patchman
11-29-2011, 13:56
I would love to be a professional student at UC San Luis Obispo.

ateamer
11-29-2011, 14:05
Davis was an experiment to inject some higher public education in a cowtown... I don't even know what the heck is Santa Clara... banana slugs? Really?

I thought that Davis was just an ag and vet school.

University of Santa Clara is the Broncos - it's a private Jesuit college. The Banana Slugs are UC Santa Cruz. It's right up there with Berkeley for freaks and bizarre aliens from other planets. Their real sciences departments are supposed to be excellent - physics, astronomy, biology - but unfortunately the liberal arts with heavy emphasis on "liberal" are where its fame comes from. And with the city of Santa Cruz's council elections being at-large rather than by districts, the university students have a powerful voice and control the city council.

ateamer
11-29-2011, 14:06
I would love to be a professional student at UC San Luis Obispo.
SLO isn't UC, it's Cal Poly (California Polytechnic State University), aka Cow Poly.

ateamer
11-29-2011, 14:07
Oh, and as regards UCSC, it really can't be all that much of a college. They don't even have a football team.

lawman800
11-29-2011, 14:18
I stand corrected, UCSC is Cruz, not Clara.

I am a Bruin, proud. Even after the beating from the University of Second Choice... Which does give you the best diploma money can buy.

My cousin graduated from UCD. It is a cow town. More cows than people.

lawman800
11-29-2011, 14:20
SLO isn't UC, it's Cal Poly (California Polytechnic State University), aka Cow Poly.

I wouldn't mind being at SLO or environs. It's a beautiful place and the female student body (and bodies) is beautiful.

CAcop
11-29-2011, 23:04
Oh, and as regards UCSC, it really can't be all that much of a college. They don't even have a football team.

Hey, hey, hey. UCSB doesn't have a football team. Of course when we did all we did was drink from kegs in the end zone.

lawman800
11-30-2011, 01:53
Sounds like we have a few UC alums here.

series1811
11-30-2011, 06:53
The funny thing is, that you know most of these protesters will probably be tax paying Republicans in ten years, and embarrassed to tell anybody they were even at these protests. :supergrin:

lawman800
11-30-2011, 11:26
The funny thing is, that you know most of these protesters will probably be tax paying Republicans in ten years, and embarrassed to tell anybody they were even at these protests. :supergrin:

The old saying goes something like:

If you're under 30 and not liberal, you have no heart.

If you're over 30 and not conservative, you have no brain.

msu_grad_121
11-30-2011, 11:28
The old saying goes something like:

If you're under 30 and not liberal, you have no heart.

If you're over 30 and not conservative, you have no brain.

:rofl: FTW! Can't wait to shove that in m cousin's ultra-liberal face!

Morris
11-30-2011, 11:56
What?! No love for my beloved (urp! hand me another beer dude!) Aztecs? :)

lawman800
11-30-2011, 12:42
My high school mascot was the aztecs.

Citroen
11-30-2011, 19:38
The quote about liberal and conservative comes from Winston Churchill - the correct age stated was 40 - "If you are under 40 and not a liberal, you have no heart; if you are over 40 and not a conservative, you have no brain."

As so often the case, he was correct!
John
Charlotte, NC

lawman800
11-30-2011, 20:08
Thanks for the correction. I picked 30 because once you start working, you realize giving **** away to those who don't work is crap.

OLY-M4gery
12-03-2011, 17:51
What happened leading up to the use of pepper spray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE0_Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Patchman
12-03-2011, 18:22
I would love being 40 again. What I'd do to be 30 again!

Youth is wasted on the young.