Which CMMG 22lr conversion kit [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which CMMG 22lr conversion kit

sigman69
11-28-2011, 09:19
I am looking at getting one of these for my Stag rifle and wondered which model everyone recommends...I am looking at the blued one Primary Arms has on sale for 121.00

Thanks,

John

deputy tom
11-28-2011, 18:07
I am looking at getting one of these for my Stag rifle and wondered which model everyone recommends...I am looking at the blued one Primary Arms has on sale for 121.00

Thanks,

John

I can't speak on the blued version but saw how easily the fouling wiped off of the S/S non-Evolution model.I know two people that swear by them.If I was in the market that would be the one I'd buy.YMMV.tom.:cool:

faawrenchbndr
11-28-2011, 18:14
The stainless model will clean easier & seems to require no break in period.
However, $121 is a great price for the kit!

deputy tom
11-28-2011, 18:26
The stainless model will clean easier & seems to require no break in period.
However, $121 is a great price for the kit!

Yep,$29.00 difference.Could buy a few rounds for practice with that.Do the blued ones hold up as well?Are the S/S models more prone to fracture at the welds?tom.:dunno:

faawrenchbndr
11-29-2011, 02:31
I owned as few before I bought a dedicated 22LR upper.
One of the "parkerized" units needed a slight debur and light polish to run.
The stainless unit was goog to go out of the box. I personally had no failures
that were no ammo related. Mine seemed to cycle Winchester the best

shadow65
11-29-2011, 07:25
Get the stainless. It's stronger, smoother, uses less lube, stays cleaner longer and is easier to clean.
Keep in mind, the $129 kits you are seeing are old, discontinued kits. They are not the Evolution kits and do not have the same features.
That is why they are cheaper.
Same with the cheaper complete uppers I've seen online. They are upper kits with old style bolts in them.
If you guys want an Evolution kit, PM me. I can get you one at a discount.
Dave

fivestar
11-30-2011, 08:47
I would also recommend the SS kit. I got mine from CDNN for $150 IIRC. One of the best things I've ever purchased for my AR's really.

Gunnut 45/454
11-30-2011, 09:49
sigman69
I have the parkerised version and it's worked just fine. Have to use the High velocity 22LR as the standard velocity rounds just don't work as they say in the literature! Federal bulk is what I run.:supergrin:

Kaybe
11-30-2011, 09:56
I have a stainless steel one. One of the best things that I have ever bought for my AR. Just drop it in and go.