Best AR15 for less than $1k? Simple! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best AR15 for less than $1k? Simple!

Sturmgewehre
11-28-2011, 11:13
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eBj0tesg3SY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bmoore
11-28-2011, 11:18
I always enjoy your reviews. Out the door price for under a grand would certainly be a great deal.

surf
11-28-2011, 16:08
This should get interesting.

TedG
11-28-2011, 17:19
Very good review and reasoning for purchasing a Colt. Thanks.

mvician
11-28-2011, 17:51
This should get interesting.

got my popcorn ready :supergrin:

Lee-online
11-28-2011, 18:44
Good rifle no doubt but there are better deals out there. The PSA M4 with the PRO was a great deal.

BBJones
11-28-2011, 20:32
Good rifle no doubt but there are better deals out there. The PSA M4 with the PRO was a great deal.

"was"

and PSA is still a new builder. I hate Colt and even I would give a Colt a nod over PSA if my life depended on it.

TedG
11-28-2011, 20:43
I can hear it coming.......

EVERYONE ELSE :uglylol: COLT

White35
11-28-2011, 20:45
Great review thanks

WoodenPlank
11-28-2011, 21:21
got my popcorn ready :supergrin:

Got enough to share?

bmoore
11-28-2011, 21:30
Colt AR's do not get dirty, they drip out carbon that turns to gold when it hits the ground.

Lee-online
11-28-2011, 21:49
"was"

and PSA is still a new builder. I hate Colt and even I would give a Colt a nod over PSA if my life depended on it.

"Was" They are sold out.

mixflip
11-29-2011, 03:31
Wait for it.....

Wait for it....

Sturmgewehre
11-29-2011, 14:07
LOL, is everyone waiting for a flame war to erupt over the issue of Colt?

Glockdude1
11-29-2011, 14:30
Got enough to share?

http://www.ankylosaur.com/images/newsmilies/1popcorn.gif

I'll bring the Big Popcorn.

:cool:

surf
11-29-2011, 14:36
LOL, is everyone waiting for a flame war to erupt over the issue of Colt?Basically everything you mention in your video has been espoused by myself and a few others in regards to the Colt right here in this forum for as long as I have been around here at least. However every single time it comes up as a topic, it can turn into pages and pages of Colt hate, brand snobs, yada, yada, yada. But now someone says it in a video review, nada, zip, nothing? Man GT is letting me down. :supergrin:

surf
11-29-2011, 14:36
Or maybe they are just getting more educated? See "The Chart" WORKS! Yay!

faawrenchbndr
11-29-2011, 15:01
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/m4chartbutthurt.jpg

bmoore
11-29-2011, 15:30
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/faawrenchbndr/m4chartbutthurt.jpg

I thought we already went over this. That sign is 100% backwards. The people who giggle and laugh at the chart are usually normal people who enjoy firearms. The people that live by and hold up the chart ARE the internet commandos. Wanna know why? Cause 98% of them shoot their top chart guns at the same targets as the the rest of us.....................paper and steel. Lord knows what happens when you have a stoppage on round 11,234 while in a running gun battle with paper and steel.:rofl:

faawrenchbndr
11-29-2011, 16:48
DPMS owners always seem to get their panties in a wad over it!

mvician
11-29-2011, 17:15

and RRA, Bushmaster, Olympic, Delton, and on and on....... :supergrin:

TedG
11-29-2011, 17:22

... and you didn't include PSA. Very diplomatic. Nice goin'. :supergrin:

fran m
11-29-2011, 19:31

bmoore
11-29-2011, 19:33

Loud and proud DPMS upper baby! If I had the time and the money I would lock up my M&P15 along with my PSA dissy, buy a few cases of ammo, keep it lubed with Mobil 1/Walmart high temp bearing grease and shoot it bone stock til it stopped just to make a few people here cry.

fran m
11-29-2011, 19:34
PSA- too new to put on the chart.:supergrin:

I never heard of them until about four to six weeks ago if that. What is their history as a manufacturer?

Cole125
11-29-2011, 20:03
LOL, is everyone waiting for a flame war to erupt over the issue of Colt?

:rofl: The fact you mention Colt is the best anything might be too much for some of the fine gentlemen here to handle. :wavey:

Disregarded9-side
11-29-2011, 20:33
Deleted

fran m
11-29-2011, 20:51
Well, they are.:supergrin:

mjkeat
11-29-2011, 21:18
Loud and proud DPMS upper baby! If I had the time and the money I would lock up my M&P15 along with my PSA dissy, buy a few cases of ammo, keep it lubed with Mobil 1/Walmart high temp bearing grease and shoot it bone stock til it stopped just to make a few people here cry.

What would you do w/ all the left over ammo?

mr.scott
11-29-2011, 21:53
.. and Colt owners that can't fathom that those other guns can run just as a good as a Colt, because Colt never fails.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/11/20/colt-ar-15-kaboom/

mvician
11-29-2011, 21:57
.. and Colt owners that can't fathom that those other guns can run just as a good as a Colt, because Colt never fails.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/11/20/colt-ar-15-kaboom/

A kaboom is an ammo problem

Bryan2010x
11-29-2011, 22:21
Back in 2005, I remember nobody could get a Colt, someone at a shop said they would sell me (it was probably a 6920) a Colt ar 15 for $2500. I see them for sale on the boards, for a bit over 1k, and I just learned you can get them for 900 and change on the website the video mentioned.

My question is how come they came down in price so much? Did Colt not sell to civilians during the ban or is there something else that happened?

Thanks for your help,

bmoore
11-30-2011, 07:49
What would you do w/ all the left over ammo?

:rofl:LOl that was pretty good..........probably just run it through my Smith M&P15.

svtpwnz
11-30-2011, 12:57
Back in 2005, I remember nobody could get a Colt, someone at a shop said they would sell me (it was probably a 6920) a Colt ar 15 for $2500. I see them for sale on the boards, for a bit over 1k, and I just learned you can get them for 900 and change on the website the video mentioned.

My question is how come they came down in price so much? Did Colt not sell to civilians during the ban or is there something else that happened?

Thanks for your help,
Supply, demand, and competition in the free market. You now have quite a few companies out there building great rifles for less than, equal to, or just slightly more than what you can pick up a Colt for. Daniel Defense, BCM, PSA to name a few are building fantastic rifles at very good prices. That would be my guess.

Scattergun1187
11-30-2011, 13:06
BCM upper and BCM Lower. It can be done under a 1K.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-14-5-M4-SOCOM-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-m4-14socom.htm
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Standard-14-5-M4-SOCOM-Upper-Receiver-p/bcm-urg-m4-14socom.htm
OR
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

Bryan2010x
11-30-2011, 18:42
Supply, demand, and competition in the free market. You now have quite a few companies out there building great rifles for less than, equal to, or just slightly more than what you can pick up a Colt for. Daniel Defense, BCM, PSA to name a few are building fantastic rifles at very good prices. That would be my guess.

thank you for the feedback on my question

glock031
11-30-2011, 18:58
BCM upper and BCM Lower. It can be done under a 1K.
OR
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LWR-BCM

BCM Upper = $400
BCM bcg = $140-$160
ch handle =$15=$20-up
handguard $25-$35
BCM carry handle $115
BCM Lower $340
Stock $30
2-20rd mags =$24 -$30
cleaning kit =$

About $1100 +
apples to apples

It will be over a thousand if using all bcm parts and considered a complete m4 type rifle and that's not counting the multi shipping charges.

Plus the 6920 are now shipping with the more expensive rogers stocks no matter if you like em or not they are more expensive than the older standard. These low cost BCM builds always seem to cost more when you add up all the parts.

Sturmgewehre
11-30-2011, 23:44
Yeah, there's quite a few companies that have made or do make AR's.

Colt
Noveske
Daniel Defense
Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)
CMMG
Sabre Defense
Smith & Wesson
Knight's Armament Company (KAC)
Barrett
Charles Daly
Stag Arms
Clark
Heckler & Koch (H&K)
Bushmaster
Palmetto State Armory
Rock River Arms
DPMS / Panther Arms
Olympic
Yankee Hill Machine (YHM)
Del-Ton
MSTN
LaRue Tactical
Superior Arms
D.S. Arms
Wilson Combat
Remington
Armalite
LWRC
POF
Nodak
Fulton
Spike's Tactical
Double Star
Les Baer
Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM)
Tactical Innovations
Model 1 Sales
Anvil Arms
High Standard
JP Enterprises
Ruger
SI Defense
Mossberg
Vulcan/Hesse
Sig
Sun Devil Manufacturing
Adcor

I've probably left out a few. :supergrin:

Sturmgewehre
11-30-2011, 23:54
Keep in mind that the DI rifles days are likely numbered. In another 5 years they won't be nearly as desirable as they are right now. The DI guns will become the lower end models.

The Army has trials going on to find a new service rifle to replace the M4. Colt has withdrew the CM901 from the competition but they have entered a "enhanced" M4 that uses a gas piston upper along with a few other changes. All of the other entries are piston based, of course. Rumor has it that Colt will sell this enhanced rifle in the not to distant future.

The Army has mandated that the design that wins will be built by at least (3) different companies, no single company will have the contract (which is why Colt withdrew the CM901). That means at least three different companies will be making, and perhaps selling to the civilian market, the new military service rifle.

While the AR market won't dry up over night, sales will start to slow when a new rifle is selected. Once it's available on the civilian market, that's what people will want. All the companies fighting for scraps of the AR market will find themselves on hard times as sales slowly start to dwindle.

Colt may also be thinking about this with their new pricing on the DI guns... <shrug>

deputy tom
12-01-2011, 08:59
Tagged for later.tom.:cool:

TedG
12-01-2011, 09:08
Keep in mind that the DI rifles days are likely numbered. In another 5 years they won't be nearly as desirable as they are right now. The DI guns will become the lower end models.

The Army has trials going on to find a new service rifle to replace the M4. Colt has withdrew the CM901 from the competition but they have entered a "enhanced" M4 that uses a gas piston upper along with a few other changes. All of the other entries are piston based, of course. Rumor has it that Colt will sell this enhanced rifle in the not to distant future.

The Army has mandated that the design that wins will be built by at least (3) different companies, no single company will have the contract (which is why Colt withdrew the CM901). That means at least three different companies will be making, and perhaps selling to the civilian market, the new military service rifle.

While the AR market won't dry up over night, sales will start to slow when a new rifle is selected. Once it's available on the civilian market, that's what people will want. All the companies fighting for scraps of the AR market will find themselves on hard times as sales slowly start to dwindle.

Colt may also be thinking about this with their new pricing on the DI guns... <shrug>

I believe you are correct. I also believe that more, and better, conversion abilities will follow right along with the phase out of DI. So, those big dollar Noveske uppers will still be useable. No need to panic.

surf
12-01-2011, 12:10
Unfortunately the Military does not make all of their decisions based on what is actually the best idea. While I do not disagree on the direction that the military is heading, I think the manner in which they are traveling may not be the correct path.

In any event, there is no denying that people may want to follow a trend or direction that the military takes. It is inevitable. That does not necessarily mean that a piston system in this type of platform that was engineered around DI is a better or more reliable option. There is no doubt that there will be progress made, but it would be wiser to go with a design that is based around a piston system from the ground up. I don't think we will see a lack of interest in DI rifles in this platform in the near future. Too many exist, and they will be in use for a long long time.

M&P Shooter
12-01-2011, 17:09
Glock 19 VS Colt 6920:tongueout: