Loads using 115 gr LSW, BE powder [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Loads using 115 gr LSW, BE powder

jack55
11-29-2011, 16:19
Looking for suggestions re loads using 9mm 115 gr LSWC bullets and Bullseye powder in my G-19 that is fitted with a KKM barrel. I am especially interested in recommendations for overall cartridge length. The bullets themselves are .572" in length. I've found that if I load them on the long side, the bullet shoulder seems to hit the rifling. Using the barrel as a gauge, I find these long rounds won't drop in freely. If I load them so that there is only a sliver of lead showing below the shoulder, they drop right in. But I'm concerned about seating too deep and raising pressures. Thanks in advance.

GioaJack
11-29-2011, 16:39
You have no choice in the matter, you have to load to a length that fits your particular barrel.

Simply start your loading around 10% lower than your normal desired load and check for pressure signs as you increase your powder charge. (If your starting load is low enough you probably don't even need to do that but if you're not experienced with loading it's a good safety measure to follow.)

Jack

noylj
11-30-2011, 23:53
It probably doesn't apply to your gun (remember, COL is determined based on the longest rounds that fit your magazine, your magazine's feed lips, your feed ramp geometry, and your chamber and lede/rifling.
I found that a COL of 1.067" to 1.117" worked well.
You need to determine what works with your gun(s).