GT lacks a classified sub-forum for reloading/casting related ads. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GT lacks a classified sub-forum for reloading/casting related ads.

atakawow
11-29-2011, 19:11
I think GT needs a separate buy/sell sub-forum for all the reloading / casting ads.

At the moment, the only place to buy/sell reloading stuff is under "gun parts & accessories" and it is 99.99% flooded with, well, gun parts & accessories. It is a pain to scroll through 10 pages of "G17 mags for sale" only to see one or two reloading related ads.

I think it makes sense to have a separate classified sub-forum as GT has a fairly large community of reloaders compared to other websites.

What do y'all think?

IndyGunFreak
11-29-2011, 19:19
It is a pain to scroll through 10 pages of "G17 mags for sale" only to see one or two reloading related ads.

What do y'all think?

I think you answered your own question. As a reloader, I'd love to see it. Why create a forum like that, that is probably only going to have 4-5 ads a month?

Supply and demand unfortunately.

Shadyscott69
11-29-2011, 19:44
I would love to see that addition. I actually visit a couple other forms only for their reloading classifieds.

Shadyscott69
11-29-2011, 19:45
I think you answered your own question. As a reloader, I'd love to see it. Why create a forum like that, that is probably only going to have 4-5 ads a month?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

atakawow
11-29-2011, 21:55

Maybe the lack of exposure is the cause for lack of interests. I would bet many even realize that there is a classified section for reloading ads. Heck, even the forum doesn't mention reloading stuff.

freakshow10mm
11-30-2011, 00:25
I've been working with Eric on the matter on and off. In the past, the mods have allowed limited sales here, but since the new system it's been disallowed (which is why my brass sale I had several weeks ago is gone).

GMAN12
11-30-2011, 06:36
I agree, I think it is needed.

aarolar
11-30-2011, 10:39
I would definately use it if there was one.

Ahmid
11-30-2011, 10:50
Sounds interesting, I would look...

dkf
11-30-2011, 11:19
It would be useful. I too am not fond of going through "gun accessories" (which reloading equipment is not IMO but it is gun related) for pages and pages just to pick out the reloading stuff. The "free to a good home" section isn't exactly a high traffic section and it still exists.

Maybe combine a ammo and reloading section. Or at least give a reloading section a try for 6 months and if it doesn't pan out axe it.:dunno:

PCJim
11-30-2011, 21:04
I agree it would be nice to have a section specific to reloading / casting. In the meantime, use the search feature that is available. That's what I do...

GOA Guy
12-02-2011, 18:05
Great idea! I would also like to see it.

stumpjumper
12-03-2011, 19:16
I would also use it for my brass sales.