Daniel defense ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Daniel defense ?

silvrevo
11-29-2011, 23:07
I have a lead on one of these for $1100 shipped. Looks to be $1500 retail and it's set up pretty close to how I want it.

How is this rifle compared in quality to bmc , rock river, spikes , delton?

There is a spikes out there too that wod be right around $1000 shipped. But I don't like the A front sight or the grip, so changing those out would put it over the Daniel defense.

Also the Daniel isn't a mid length if that's going to matter one way or another.. But it does come in at 16.5 lbs. pretty light isn't it.

Cole125
11-29-2011, 23:31
DD is top notch quality, up there with BCM. RRA, Spikes, and Delton don't compare.

silvrevo
11-29-2011, 23:36
Good,,, think I might have found my new AR!!

Facejackets
11-30-2011, 02:09
Daniel Defense has some of the nicest rifles right out of the box. They listened to what the consumer wanted, and produced it.

I had a great conversation with one of the sales guys the other day. Every time I have called them, they are always helpful. They really give a damn about thier product and the people who buy them. The guy mentioned that they were going to try to switch thier production schedule up to build more V5's because they are in such high demand.

Kimura
11-30-2011, 04:02
I have a lead on one of these for $1100 shipped. Looks to be $1500 retail and it's set up pretty close to how I want it.

How is this rifle compared in quality to bmc , rock river, spikes , delton?

There is a spikes out there too that wod be right around $1000 shipped. But I don't like the A front sight or the grip, so changing those out would put it over the Daniel defense.

Also the Daniel isn't a mid length if that's going to matter one way or another.. But it does come in at 16.5 lbs. pretty light isn't it.

DD is a great rifle. I read a few months back where Kyle Defoor said he thought that DD rifles were the best out of the box DI ARs on the market right now. Not a bad endorsement to have as a company. And of course you know about LAV's ties to them.

I have one and really like it. For the most part, for DI ARs; DD, BCM, Colt, LMT, Noveske are all great rifles at a decent price and I wouldn't hesitate to own any of them.

boomhower
11-30-2011, 06:32
Your not going to get a better rifle than a DD. They are just as good as a Colt, BCM, etc. Noveske has them on the barrels but DD's are high quality, just not quite as accurate. But they are just as accurate as all the others and perfectly fine for a battle rifle. I have two and absolutely love them. I'm eying a V7 hard to add to the collection. One of the things I like most about DD is that they actually manufacture their own parts. Barrels, rails, etc are all built in house. They are true manufacturers and not just assemblers. This rides with me at work everyday:

http://i43.tinypic.com/14lk9c1.jpg

silvrevo
11-30-2011, 08:44
Thanks guys,,, what's the big deal with the mid length??

This rifle is just a carbine,,, but they both have the same length barrel ? Is one better than the other,, should I wait till they get the mid length back in stock before I make a purchase?

boomhower
11-30-2011, 09:18
Thanks guys,,, what's the big deal with the mid length??

This rifle is just a carbine,,, but they both have the same length barrel ? Is one better than the other,, should I wait till they get the mid length back in stock before I make a purchase?

Middys offer a longer sight radius with an FSB, longer rail, and depending on who you ask shoot softer with a slight reduction on wear on internal parts. I prefer them but if your model has a long rail over a gas block I wouldn't stress over it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

RRrider
11-30-2011, 09:28
DD is top notch quality, up there with BCM. RRA, Spikes, and Delton don't compare.

This.

CarryTexas
11-30-2011, 09:31
I have shot my middys side-by-side with carbine length ARs and without a doubt the middys have a softer recoil. These rifles were virtually the same weight and using the same ammo.

I am sold on middys to the point that I would only buy a carbine length if I was building an SBR.

However, you will not be disappointed with the DD you mentioned

mjkeat
11-30-2011, 09:36
DD is at the top of the list you gave.

tdoom15
11-30-2011, 10:27
Sounds to me like you should do a little more reading before purchasing. There is a lot of good info out there if you take the time to dig a bit. I also prefer the middy over the carbine and would wait for it if it were me.

Also check out the dd torture test if you have anymore doubts on quality
https://danieldefense.com/TortureTest

Rodman24
11-30-2011, 10:50
Solid weapons. My next will be a midlength.

silvrevo
11-30-2011, 11:13
Yep think I will hold out on a Midlength... But its going to be a DD!

They have a light weight barrel,,, how does that come into play besides being lighter?

Also,, I called them and yep,, excellent phone support.

Thanks Guys !!!

Funny I usually dont wait for things,, but this is one I will wait on.

Facejackets
11-30-2011, 11:18

They have a light weight barrel,,, how does that come into play besides being lighter?

Thanks Guys !!!

Which model did you ask about

whitebread
11-30-2011, 11:31
I purchased a mid length DD and am very, very glad I did. It was between that, a middy BCM, and the Colt 6920. The cold hammer forged barrel and non-interrupted top rail is what sold me, but every single aspect of the rifle is top notch. The gun is dead accurate, extremely reliable, easy to clean (rail design), durable, and shoots very smoothly compared to other rifles. You will not regret holding out and find the one you want.

http://www.brusabass.com/blog/media/1/20111119_1272b.JPG

svtpwnz
11-30-2011, 11:45
I love mine! It is a fantastic weapon and I have had ZERO issues with it. I had it out at the range this past weekend and was popping fantastic head shot groups @ 100 yards with my Eotech. I dumped several mags and heated the hell out of it and it ran perfectly! My DDM4 will be one of the only firearms that I will NEVER get rid of. You will not be disappointed.
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/honkonthree/616333634_photobucket_41586_.jpg

silvrevo
11-30-2011, 14:43
Well..................

I Held out for a whole 2 hours..lol

Found a M4 V5 with a light weight barrel,, and snagged it up, as they told me these fly off the shelves and they take a long long time to get back.

Got about $200 off list. And I got what I wanted !!

Flip up sights and a Red dot coming next.. Should be here in a week.

And thanks Tdoom for the link to the video,, cool. I also seen a video of thier 2011 Shot Show. He was displaying thier barrels, and say they sell these to alot of other companies.

Looks like good stuff.

Here is a link to the DD. Thanks all

https://danieldefense.com/rifles/mid-length/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v5-lw.html

Restless28
11-30-2011, 15:26
How did you get $200 off? Where?

boomhower
11-30-2011, 16:40

Most places. Clyde's usually sells them for around $200 off list.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

whitebread
11-30-2011, 17:50

Bud's usually have them for that or below. I got mine for about $300 off through them...just waited for a deal and jumped on it.

NMGlock79
11-30-2011, 22:07
I have the M4V3, it is an amazing weapon, I work in private security and am required to supply my own weapon, the DD is what goes with me. In fact, in my group, I would say the majority of us choose DD for our rifles.

Other rifles my group uses are BCM and LMT, thats about it, maybe a colt or two, but you would never see a dpms, cmmg, spikes, RRA etc, etc used for serious work around here.

Buy a DD and dont even think about it, you wont be dissapointed. I have never had a single issue with mine, I wouldnt even know how their customer service is because I have never needed it.

enjoy.

tdoom15
12-01-2011, 00:09

Thanks Guys !!!

The light weight barrel has it's pros and cons. For the average shooter, there won't be much difference.

Pros: Lighter and easier to handle

Cons: Heats up quicker (but also cools down quicker), shorter over all barrel life

I just bought a v5 myself from Rainier Arms for $1130 shipped, with fixed sights. Ordered another set of troy flip ups ($153), a DAP case from BFG (paid $35, $100 off!), and a TLR1s
($85), all on discount from black friday sales...GREAT weekend for buying!

The only other thing I may change is picking up one of the new STR stocks from Magpul for the bigger cheek weld and qd sling attatchment

boomhower
12-01-2011, 06:57
The light weight barrel has it's pros and cons. For the average shooter, there won't be much difference.

Pros: Lighter and easier to handle

Cons: Heats up quicker (but also cools down quicker), shorter over all barrel life

I just bought a v5 myself from Rainier Arms for $1130 shipped, with fixed sights. Ordered another set of troy flip ups ($153), a DAP case from BFG (paid $35, $100 off!), and a TLR1s
($85), all on discount from black friday sales...GREAT weekend for buying!

The only other thing I may change is picking up one of the new STR stocks from Magpul for the bigger cheek weld and qd sling attatchment

Where did you get that from?

Restless28
12-03-2011, 10:38
Since I don't have an active Bud's account, what is he selling the EZ and V4 for?

whitebread
12-03-2011, 10:57
EZ is $1056. Don't see a V4 listed in stock.

Restless28
12-03-2011, 11:26
EZ is $1056. Don't see a V4 listed in stock.