Holster Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Holster Question

TKOFaith
11-30-2011, 11:58
I was going to post this as a poll, but I can't seem to find the "yes" button to which the FAQ refers.

As I Wisconsinite, I am new to Concealed Carry. I'm interested to know, for those who carry between the 3 O'Clock and 4 O'Clock positions, do you carry with a forward cant, neutrally, or with a rearward cant. Please explain your reason.

Thanks! :wavey:

redbaron007
11-30-2011, 12:54
I was going to post this as a poll, but I can't seem to find the "yes" button to which the FAQ refers.

As I Wisconsinite, I am new to Concealed Carry. I'm interested to know, for those who carry between the 3 O'Clock and 4 O'Clock positions, do you carry with a forward cant, neutrally, or with a rearward cant. Please explain your reason.

Thanks! :wavey:

For my IWB, I try to carry neutral, with sometimes a forward cant.

OWB, depends on the clothing and holster; most of OWB holsters have a forward cant, except my Glock Holster.

The forward cant seems to conceal a little better with certain shirts etc. Plus, when drawing, the forward cant feels better and more control.

:wavey:

red

tuica
11-30-2011, 12:54
I carry at 3 w/ a very slight forward cant (or straight up). Too severe of a cant results in an awkward draw. This has a lot to do with the length of your trunk/arms. The longer they are, the more "cant you can" afford. No pun intended. Try the Glock Sport/Combat first. An inexpensive ($15) way to judge future holster purchases. And not a bad holster in their own right - my expensive holster sits at home as I write this, while the G38 is in the S/C. Good Luck.

TKOFaith
11-30-2011, 13:02
I carry at 3 w/ a very slight forward cant (or straight up). Too severe of a cant results in an awkward draw. This has a lot to do with the length of your trunk/arms. The longer they are, the more "cant you can" afford. No pun intended. Try the Glock Sport/Combat first. An inexpensive ($15) way to judge future holster purchases. And not a bad holster in their own right - my expensive holster sits at home as I write this, while the G38 is in the S/C. Good Luck.

I have a Glock Sport/Combat holster. So far I've only used it at the range. I also have a Crossbreed Super Tuck. On my second full day of carrying, I just lowered it. It is currently set up with a slight forward cant. I imagine that I will be trying it a bunch of different ways.

Thanks for the feed back tuica and redbarron007!

IndyGunFreak
11-30-2011, 13:38
I always carry with a forward cant.

My leather has about a 10 degree cant, and my Sidearmor Modular, when I move it all the way forward, I believe is 20 degrees.

janice6
11-30-2011, 13:46
I carry with IWB CB with a forward cant, so the butt is almost vertical in my ribs. It is held tight to me with a real gunbelt. I can carry a G27 with a 13 round mag in this position. I cannot carry a longer barrel/slide because the muzzle will tear out the top corner of my rear pocket.

jeffyjeff
11-30-2011, 16:59
3oclock with a good forward cant. slide is about 25 off vertical. draws great and conceals better.

DaneA
11-30-2011, 17:01
I carry in a CBST with all the forward cant it has. It seems to be more comfortable for me and conceals better. I also have it so the the kydex is right at my pant line. But just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Try different ways for a few days at a time to see what works for you.

wuvmyglock
11-30-2011, 17:12
I carry in a CBST with all the forward cant it has. It seems to be more comfortable for me and conceals better. I also have it so the the kydex is right at my pant line. But just because it works for me doesn't mean it will work for everyone. Try different ways for a few days at a time to see what works for you.

Yep.. What he said

miwall
11-30-2011, 17:38
IWB forward cant in a comptac Minotaur. If someone tried to takeaway your gun from behind, it would be very difficult to do because they would have to be pushing the gun forward, not pulling it back to remove it from the holster. I guess, in my mind, that is the way I see it.

up1911fan
11-30-2011, 18:38
IWB lot's of cant worn just behind the hip. OWB i'm slowly moving to vertical from fbi cant.

EAJuggalo
11-30-2011, 19:19
I have a slight forward cant on my G21SF in an MTAC but no cant on my Sideguard Holsters "Quick Clip" for my Taurus 650 snubbie.

harrygunner
11-30-2011, 20:27
I always carry IWB at about 3:15. My holsters are set for a forward cant. My thick leather belt keeps the gun in a fixed location/orientation.

TKOFaith
12-01-2011, 07:38
IWB forward cant in a comptac Minotaur. If someone tried to takeaway your gun from behind, it would be very difficult to do because they would have to be pushing the gun forward, not pulling it back to remove it from the holster. I guess, in my mind, that is the way I see it.

Wow, I guess I never thought about it from that angle (pun fully intended) before. Thanks!

BailRecoveryAgent
12-01-2011, 16:54
I carry OWB at 3 oclock with no cant.

slickt0mmy
12-01-2011, 20:40
I carry at about 8:00 (lefty) with a good amount of forward cant in an MTAC. The forward cant seems to conceal better and since I kinda have to reach back behind my hip, it helps with the draw as well.

TKOFaith
12-02-2011, 07:54
Thanks for all of the great replies! I'll be trying out a bunch of different positions (get your mind out of the gutter! :ROFL:)

freeride88
12-02-2011, 12:09
IWB forward cant in a comptac Minotaur.

This for me, too.

Klassic
12-02-2011, 12:17
I never carry iwb, I use a Blackhawk Serpa l2 and I've adjusted mines to a forward position for better cc on times when I need to but it also makes my draw better as well

Lord
12-02-2011, 16:23
kydex holster, pancake wings, OWB at about 3:30 - 4:00
slight forward cant
ergonomic and natural feeling grab to draw
not easy to pull the gun from behind at all.

Jason D
12-02-2011, 16:30
I prefer a forward can't, though I detest anything more than 15 degrees.

SCmasterblaster
12-02-2011, 16:31
My Bianchi No. 4/4L offers a neutral angle. It works for me and my Cond 1.5 G17.

geoemery
12-02-2011, 17:32
I use OWB at 3:30-4:00 with a pancake holster using forward canter. I like the feel of the pancake holster, especially my original Roy for my Model 36. Use a Blackhawk Number 5 for the G26.