Store owner shoots robber in the chest [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Store owner shoots robber in the chest

BK63
11-30-2011, 15:19
This is the 4th most dangerous city in the country and the violence is just out of control. I don't have to go there often but when I do, this is where I carry a BUG and the extra mags for both.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/store-owner-shoots-robber-in-the-chest

Just1More
11-30-2011, 15:23
Must have been a 9mm.

douggmc
11-30-2011, 15:26
Good outcome. The only thing that disturbs me is the police comment / attitude about not getting his gin back for "awhile". They should be required to provide him a loaner on the meantime! ;)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

twisted1
11-30-2011, 15:52
why would they have to take his gun for awhile?

HerrGlock
11-30-2011, 15:58

Common practice from pretty much every policing agency in the US to hold a firearm involved in a crime until all the appeals are finished.

The number one reason to have two of your favorite carry pistols. When they take the first one for an indeterminate time you have a backup.

PEC-Memphis
11-30-2011, 16:40
Good outcome. The only thing that disturbs me is the police comment / attitude about not getting his gin back for "awhile". They should be required to provide him a loaner on the meantime! ;)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

He could always have a vodka martini.

Batesmotel
11-30-2011, 16:46
Left Memphis 27 years ago. Winchester and Lamar was bad back then. Now I hear it is a rolling gunfight every night.

Stay safe.

AA#5
11-30-2011, 16:59

ANY & ALL evidence in a shooting will be seized for evidence. And, who knows what condition it will be in when you get it back (if you get it back). That's why ya can't have just one gun.

pilsbury
11-30-2011, 19:22
He could always have a vodka martini.

:rofl::tongueout:

Flatulence
11-30-2011, 19:33
With the New Haven PD being famously anti gun, I will be surprised if he gets it back within a year, case closed or not. I also expect the good guy to be sued with the outrageous laws we have in CT.

Glad the good guys lived.

unit1069
11-30-2011, 20:25
From the article:

Every time the owner of Babe Market walks in to work, he immediately puts his gun behind the counter. He never thought he'd have to use it, but he did on Tuesday night when two masked men walked in.

He said everything just right according to the report; now he need to clam up and say no more on the record until if and when he has to appear before a grand jury.

"I'm glad he's going to survive," said Jawad. "I didn't want to shoot him, but my life was threatened."

He says the life of his customer was also in danger.

"They had a gun to the customer. When they had the gun they to the customer, they said to me, 'Give me your money.' I had my gun over here, so I pulled it out slowly and he pointed the gun right here on my chest and I just let off shots, a couple. They took off," Jawad recalled.

Who knows what local prosecuting attorneys might decide to do in a "blue state" --- or a "red state" for that matter. Politicians are always on the make and willing to step on innocent people to get elected to the next office.

Goldenboy007
11-30-2011, 23:15
That's another reason to carry a Glock. If I get involved in a shooting and the cops take it, it's not nearly as painful than if I was carrying a 3K Wilson Combat or some customized 1911

Edmo01
12-01-2011, 08:29
Must have been a 9mm.
:cool:

Edmo

TKOFaith
12-01-2011, 08:32
Must have been a 9mm.

:poke::wedgie:

Bren
12-01-2011, 08:36

In Kentucky, I have actually known of the police to do that more than once.

H&K 4 LIFE
12-01-2011, 08:49
Own a Stop-and-Rob in New Haven... you'd better be armed.

Score one for the good guy, but next time maybe he'll keep his gun on his person.

HerrGlock
12-01-2011, 09:09
Heard later in the day, "We're gonna need a bigger gun!"

PEC-Memphis
12-01-2011, 10:49
Left Memphis 27 years ago. Winchester and Lamar was bad back then. Now I hear it is a rolling gunfight every night.

Stay safe.

Wise choice, grasshopper.

Gunnut 45/454
12-01-2011, 11:49
He needs to get a lawyer to file and get his gun back!! Unless they are charging him with a crime they have no need to keep his weapon! Force there hand!:steamed: The police have no right to take his porperty without charges being filed!:faint:

OctoberRust
12-01-2011, 12:11
Wonder what caliber it really was.

HerrGlock
12-01-2011, 12:19
He needs to get a lawyer to file and get his gun back!! Unless they are charging him with a crime they have no need to keep his weapon! Force there hand!:steamed: The police have no right to take his porperty without charges being filed!:faint:

He'd lose.

Until the DA decides to not prosecute the store owner the gun is possible evidence.

After the actual robber is in the system, the store owner's gun is still evidence in that case.

pipedreams
12-01-2011, 12:56
He'd lose.

Until the DA decides to not prosecute the store owner the gun is possible evidence.

After the actual robber is in the system, the store owner's gun is still evidence in that case.

Interesting and I under stand, but I wonder if they are in possession of the BG's gun since it was the one the crime was commited with.

HerrGlock
12-01-2011, 13:07
Interesting and I under stand, but I wonder if they are in possession of the BG's gun since it was the one the crime was commited with.

If it was found at the scene, they still have it.

Two Guns
12-01-2011, 15:37
I use to carry a Wilson Combat 45 when I had my store two years ago. If I had to use it I wouldn't of cared if the cops had to take it for a while. I think my life is worth a $2000.

wtf0ver
12-01-2011, 17:52
good for him! I'm proud of people that turn the tables on the bad guy. hope he gets his gun back quickly and is absolved of any legal action. really would like to know what caliber that was.

SCmasterblaster
12-01-2011, 19:08
Must have been a 9mm.

With ball ammo.

slims00ls1z28
12-03-2011, 18:25
Glad it worked out for the owner so far. Does it make me evil feeling glad about it :whistling:.

As far as Memphis goes, I feel ya, we moved out of Raleigh a long time ago. I definately don't feel over paranoid with the G29 in my hip and mini draco behind the seat in that area, more like underprepared. Orange mound etc you need body armor backup and a chase car. I work in Memphis but fortunately no where near those areas. Hopefully Bartlett doesn't go by the way Raleigh did, I got a long time until retirement.

Deye76
12-04-2011, 12:51
Short barreled shotgun good choice for a store owner.