Please help me find the right upper for my RRA lower! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find the right upper for my RRA lower!

DrtyHarry
11-30-2011, 15:37
Hey guys,

I picked up a RRA complete lower with a two stage trigger job a few years back. I was going to invest some time and money and build the upper to my liking. Well, I have not had the time to do so....so I basically have this lower receiver just sitting in a box. I'm looking to buy something to slap on, and I don't know what make/brand of uppers to look at.

I've decided I want to stick with a 16" A4 set up with quad rails and flash suppressor. And I want it as light as possible. I'm not sure what twist ratio barrel I should be looking at (in 16")...or brand. The rifle will be used for home defense and I'm going to want to add a pistol forearm grip, laser, light, etc....thus wanting a quad rail....of medium length.

I plan on putting a red dot scope and finding a long range rifle scope for hunting/target. I also want to take it to the range for fun, and perhaps do a little bit of hunting with it as well.

Will most new/complete uppers match with my RRA lower? Any smithing required? And if you guys could name a couple places that make complete uppers for me to look at, I'd very much appreciate it! The bells and whistles I'll do myself. Thanks in advance.

Harry

TedG
11-30-2011, 16:33
Any major manufacturer's/distributor's AR upper should fit fine with your RRA lower. Google the different brands, check out GB and other sales sites, and pick the one you like best..... (in no particular order, and no preference is being suggested)

BCM
Colt
Spikes
Stag
PSA
CMMG
Delton
Noveske
Bushmaster
Rock River Armory
Daniel Defense
Smith & Wesson
Armalite
DPMS
LMT
and a bunch of others :wow:

Good luck!

DrtyHarry
11-30-2011, 16:47
Thank you my friend! Are there on-line stores that stock complete uppers? (optics and lights excluded of course). And lastly, anything I should keep clear of? Types of barrels flaking, heat issues, weight, etc? Oh, and what ratio twist do I want on a 16" barrel? Thanks!!

Harry

TedG
11-30-2011, 16:49
Thank you my friend! Are there on-line stores that stock complete uppers? (optics and lights excluded of course). And lastly, anything I should keep clear of? Types of barrels flaking, heat issues, weight, etc? Oh, and what ratio twist do I want on a 16" barrel? Thanks!!

Harry

GOOGLE and SEARCH are your friends. You'll get an education too!

M&P15T
12-01-2011, 09:10
Go to BCMs web-site ande make your selection of a quad-rail 16" mid-length upper. Relax on all of the other worries you have. If you buy a BCM, you'll be o.k.

DrtyHarry
12-01-2011, 12:11
Go to BCMs web-site ande make your selection of a quad-rail 16" mid-length upper. Relax on all of the other worries you have. If you buy a BCM, you'll be o.k.

EXACTLY what I was looking for, thanks so much for the help....now on with the decision making!! :)

Harry