Range Report Bersa BP9cc [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Range Report Bersa BP9cc

frank_drebin
11-30-2011, 16:16
Had a chance to put a few hundred rounds through the BP today. We set up outside in 40f weather and put the gun through the ringer.

The first 4 mags were shot as fast as I/friend could pull the trigger. We wanted to see if it would suffer from any feeding or extraction failures from limp wristing or speed firing. No problems.

The next 48 rounds were shot slowly and deliberately at 20'. We set up some paper targets to make sure we could see where they were going and adjust around it if needed. I found that, at 20', I needed to cover the POA with the front sight and it would hit dead center. I was able to tear a ragged hole of about 2" at 20' with only one or two fliers. At 20' the gun was dead on vertical and horizontal.

I shot a mix of Tulammo and Walmart Federal 115gr. There were a few loose random brands as well but I couldn't really tell a difference between any of them. The gun was very pleasant to shoot and recoil was more like a G19 than a CW9. After a few dozen rounds I did find that my trigger finger would get pinched under the trigger if I let it drift low as I was shooting. The trigger reset was amazing after I got used to it and was consistent and predictable with an audible "click". This is not a gun that I would buy, load and carry without some really intensive trigger training. The trigger measures around 4lbs with my "fish scale" and has approx 10mm of overall first-shot travel and only 2mm of reset/refire. The first pull isn't an issue but if you like to shoot the reset you will need to really practice to keep from doubletapping. I will admit that I accidentally double-tapped a few times while I was getting used to the short stroke. After a few dozen rounds it became mechanical.

The last 100 rounds were shot from between 20' and 25' at small, staged targets. We used spent 20 gauge shells stood on end as targets and knocking them down one at a time was effortless. I must admit I was very surprised b y the accuracy f this small gun and can honestly say that I can shoot it every bit as accurately as my G19.

The only negative I experienced that is 100% the fault of the gun and cannot be attributed to my grip or trigger discipline (trigger bite / doubletap) is that the single pin used to hold the sub-frame in backed out 1/16" and I had to push it back in. Over the course of 200 rounds it started working itself out twice. I'm not sure is a tighter pin is the answer or maybe some locktite. It is important to note that I have taken the subframe out of the gun 5+ times now and the first time I had to knock it out. Each subsequent time I was able to simply press it out with a punch and my fingers.

All-in-all I give this gun an "A" for carry and will definitely recommend it to others. It is the perfect balance between size, capacity and concealability.

The slide of the gun is cut to accept a Glock Rear night Sight and a Sig front night sight. I am going to get them installed this week. It fits perfectly in my Tagua IWB holsters for the Kahr CW series.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/jbabbler/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMTExLTAwNDM4LmpwZw.jpg

Berto
12-01-2011, 09:40
Interesting report, I've never seen that Bersa before....it looks Steyr-ish.
Glad it appears to be working out well, bersa's seem to be pretty decent buys.

KarlThomas
12-01-2011, 09:45
I've not seen that gun before. Thanks for the report!
My first thought was that it looks like the slide of a glock, the grip of an XDm, and the rest of the frame reminds me of a steyr! I think I like it.

March817
12-01-2011, 13:49
Any idea what SIG# equivalent the front sight is?
Like #6 or #8 etc?

unit1069
12-01-2011, 19:02
Thanks so much for the range report. When I saw the other thread on this new Bersa I was interested; now I'm very interested!

itstime
12-01-2011, 19:12
Very interesting. Never seen that before.

Tiro Fijo
12-01-2011, 20:00
Deal Breaker = mag disconnect. :whistling:

The_Gun_Guru
12-01-2011, 20:34
Nice report.

Now that my Mini Draco is in the works I can begin saving for the BP9cc...the compact 9mm that caught my attention almost two years ago!:wow:

I am going to opt for the two-tone model, but the black looks nice too.

Enjoy your AWESOME little nine!!!!:wow:

TGG

frank_drebin
12-02-2011, 06:13
Got the rear night sight installed yesterday. It is a Glock OEM and fits the slide nicely.I need to figure out which Sig front sight will match up best. I also corrected the pin problem by slightly misshaping it with the bench vice.

tshadow6
12-02-2011, 14:15
I checked out the BP today. I am impressed enough to consider buying/trading for it. Do you have a holster for it? It looks like a great weapon for CC.

frank_drebin
12-02-2011, 14:24
I checked out the BP today. I am impressed enough to consider buying/trading for it. Do you have a holster for it? It looks like a great weapon for CC.

Where did you manage to find one? All of the Kahr CW/P 9 holsters I tried with mine fit it perfectly. Also, these guys have holsters for them now as well.

http://www.condorsflight.com/products/index.php?cPath=106_190&osCsid=reqtaa12fktml4hline57nk7i3

frank_drebin
12-02-2011, 14:25
Any idea what SIG# equivalent the front sight is?
Like #6 or #8 etc?

#8 should work perfectly with the Glock OEM single-hash night sight.

bac1023
12-02-2011, 18:39
Thanks for the report.

frank_drebin
01-15-2012, 19:48
Took her shooting at Stockbridge Army Navy today: 100 more trouble-free rounds. I'm not the best shot but I did 1 fist sized hole at 25'. I shot it side by side with my Glock 36 and, quite frankly, I shoot much tighter groups with the BP9 than I do with the G36.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/jbabbler/IMG_8905-1.jpg

MinnesnowtaWild
01-16-2012, 01:49
Cool looking gun...never heard of it. Thanks for the report.

unit1069
01-16-2012, 07:24
I'm definitely interested.

Can you give us a size comparison with a G-26 and how it feels in your hand?

I passed on a Glock G-33 because I like having all my fingers around the grip. I ended up with a Steyr S9-A1, which is turning out to be perfect. Most people haven't seen the sub-compact Steyr so my comparison may not register.

My sister needs a good pistol when she goes to her remote home by herself and the Bersa sounds ideal from your description. If she doesn't like it then I would have no qualms about having it myself.

BTW, how much should one expect to pay for this new Bersa?

PPinesRon
01-16-2012, 07:36
How much did it cost?

frank_drebin
01-16-2012, 08:34
How much did it cost?

N$1617.27

I'm definitely interested.

Can you give us a size comparison with a G-26 and how it feels in your hand?

I passed on a Glock G-33 because I like having all my fingers around the grip. I ended up with a Steyr S9-A1, which is turning out to be perfect. Most people haven't seen the sub-compact Steyr so my comparison may not register.

My sister needs a good pistol when she goes to her remote home by herself and the Bersa sounds ideal from your description. If she doesn't like it then I would have no qualms about having it myself.

BTW, how much should one expect to pay for this new Bersa?

The length of the grip allows for all of my fingers to remain on the grip. It is longer than a G26, closer to a G19. The .94" profile is where the difference is really noticeable. The tip of my middle finger actually wraps around the grip and contacts the base of my thumb. It is the same size as a Kahr CW9 if that helps.

PPinesRon
01-16-2012, 17:32
[QUOTE=frank_drebin;18439353]N$1617.27

I'm guessing "N" = new, but $1,617.27? Really? Hope not!

unit1069
01-16-2012, 21:21
It is the same size as a Kahr CW9 if that helps.

Yes, your description is a great help. The new Bersa is a pistol I'll definitely look into. Thanks for the report.

The Habit
01-16-2012, 21:24
I'm definitely interested in this thing. There is only one on gunbroker, none in any of the LGS, and the only online source I can find is the dreaded TGS. Guess I'll need to wait until they really start funneling into the local gun shops.

itstime
01-17-2012, 10:23
Of the price is right Iay look into one of these.

frank_drebin
01-17-2012, 12:58
Of the price is right Iay look into one of these.

lol... wait huh?

itstime
01-17-2012, 16:49
lol... wait huh?

Lol. Did that on my phone on the fly. If the price is right I may consider one. Sorry.

frank_drebin
01-17-2012, 18:40
Yeah, that's why I quit using Swype ;)

Sent from my I897 using Tapatalk

Sharkey
01-17-2012, 18:49
Saw this at SS today and I gotta say, I was impressed. No one in the booth talked to me so I didn't ask dealer pricing. It is on my short list.

unit1069
01-17-2012, 18:55
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/jbabbler/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMTExLTAwNDM4LmpwZw.jpg

Like Berto wrote, it looks "Steyr-like".

Looking at it some more it looks to me like the Willem Bubbits Caracal (http://www.caracal.ae/) pistol, a clone of the Steyr M-A1 line. Same guy designed both.

Makes me wonder all the more about this new Bersa ...

frank_drebin
01-19-2012, 06:27
If anyone is in the Atlanta area and is interested, Lithonia Pawn just got a small shipment of the two-tone version in yesterday. I think he's asking for $370.

Sent from my I897 using Tapatalk

cluznar
04-30-2012, 12:31
I wanted a part poly 9mm since I did not have one and was undecided between the BP 9cc and the Ruger SR9c. I chose the SR9c and really am pleased.

The reasons were, SR9c has a manual safety and a great trigger but not quite as light as the Bersa.

If Bersa would add a manual safety I would buy a BP 9cc

:2gun:

Gary1911A1
04-30-2012, 15:01
A guy at my local gun shop ordered one. I'll have to ask him about it the next time I see him.

The_Gun_Guru
04-30-2012, 16:26
Nice report.

Now that my Mini Draco is in the works I can begin saving for the BP9cc...the compact 9mm that caught my attention almost two years ago!:wow:

TGG

Well, I got the Mini Draco but the BP9cc is going to have to wait because after the Draco I bought a KT PMR-30! :thumbsup:

Now I am in the process of getting a suppressor for my Walther P22. After that I want a Ruger 10/22 Takedown.

The Bersa is slowly moving DOWN on my short list:dunno:

They are fantastic guns though!:wow:

TGG

unit1069
04-30-2012, 16:50
Can anyone who's handled both guns give me a comparison between the BP9CC and the new S&W Shield?

TedG
04-07-2013, 08:32
The BP99CC is a very nice single stack 9mm. Mine has been 100% reliable with good accuracy.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/TedG954/BP9CCa1_zps4d9ad7b8.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/TedG954/BersaBP9CC_zps24ac09ef.jpg

45caldan
04-14-2013, 10:12
Can anyone who's handled both guns give me a comparison between the BP9CC and the new S&W Shield?

The Bersa is sized like a Kahr CW9/P9.
The Shield is smaller than both.....about between a PM9 and P9 or Bersa B9CC.

maxpower220
04-15-2013, 07:32
I was looking at the Bersa, but wound up with the Shield. I got my Shield for about $70 less with a mail in rebate from S&W. Even at the same price, I would have bought the Shield.
I felt the trigger was better on the Shield.

Bersa is a nice gun.

Side by side, the Shield and Bersa (and PPS) are virtually the same size.

TedG
04-15-2013, 08:14
I was looking at the Bersa, but wound up with the Shield. I got my Shield for about $70 less with a mail in rebate from S&W. Even at the same price, I would have bought the Shield.
I felt the trigger was better on the Shield.

Bersa is a nice gun.

Side by side, the Shield and Bersa (and PPS) are virtually the same size.

I paid $375 for the Bersa. If I could have gotten a Shield for $70 less ($305), I would have done the same thing. I think the trigger on the Bersa is excellent, but I also believe that the feel of the trigger makes no difference in a defensive situation.

JimIsland
06-10-2013, 18:14
Just bumping this up to see if anyone has had any issues??

The_Gun_Guru
06-12-2013, 12:52
Well, I got the Mini Draco but the BP9cc is going to have to wait because after the Draco I bought a KT PMR-30! :thumbsup:

Now I am in the process of getting a suppressor for my Walther P22. After that I want a Ruger 10/22 Takedown.

The Bersa is slowly moving DOWN on my short list:dunno:

They are fantastic guns though!:wow:

TGG

Ok, finally got the suppressor and got the Takedown as well.

Now I want to get the barrel threaded on the Takedown.

I will get the Bersa eventually, but not just yet.

TGG

moeman
06-13-2013, 01:05
I don't remember reading negative reports of Bersa over the years... True sleepers. What do they cost now?