Quick check on Phoenix restaurant [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Quick check on Phoenix restaurant

harrygunner
11-30-2011, 19:49
Travel check: A business associate set up a meeting at a Gordon Biersch restaurant in the Phoenix area. I'll be driving over from out of AZ.

I have a permit and don't drink. But I believe a sign will stop me from carrying there.

Are those restaurants posted? Thanks.

FireGuy
11-30-2011, 22:35
Nope. Not ccw friendly.
Www.asrpa.com - check the ccw cafe for lists of both ccw friendly and unfriendly restaurants.

harrygunner
11-30-2011, 22:52
Thanks for that, and the link. It occurred to me check, given this quirk in Arizona law.

Based on his choice of restaurant, he doesn't carry. He wants something from me, so I'm sure we can agree to a better place.

I'm going to suggest a place to meet from the 'ccwcafe', gun friendly list.

Oramac
12-01-2011, 10:02
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the AZ law is similar to Missouri's. The sign does not prevent you carrying there, it simply allows them to ask you to leave if they find out you are carrying.

Anyone that can clarify?

HerrGlock
12-01-2011, 10:13
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the AZ law is similar to Missouri's. The sign does not prevent you carrying there, it simply allows them to ask you to leave if they find out you are carrying.

Anyone that can clarify?

Whether it does or not, do you really want to give your business to a place that posts when other places that do not are available?

Sam Spade
12-01-2011, 10:38

Anyone that can clarify?

You commit a crime in AZ if you ignore the sign, or any other reasonable notice against carry.

redbaron007
12-01-2011, 13:08

Anyone that can clarify?

You commit a crime in AZ if you ignore the sign, or any other reasonable notice against carry.

From my experience and what I recall, Sam is correct.

:wavey:

red

Oramac
12-01-2011, 13:43
From my experience and what I recall, Sam is correct.

red

Works for me. Like I said, I wasn't sure. Glad to get it confirmed one way or another though.

redbaron007
12-01-2011, 13:48
Works for me. Like I said, I wasn't sure. Glad to get it confirmed one way or another though.

You are correct about MO CCW, though.

red

harrygunner
12-01-2011, 14:30
Well, we agreed on a nice restaurant that has been verified as being pro-Second Amendment.

He would not have suggested Gordon Biersch if he carried. For a moment, I considered suggesting boar or bear sandwiches at Cabelas as we looked over their gun library. :rofl:

But, business is business.

Ahmid
12-01-2011, 14:39
You did right....

kensteele
12-01-2011, 17:29
You are correct about MO CCW, though.

red

That right. In MO, businesses owners and their no-gun signs do not amount to state law but only personal wishes.

captdreifus
12-03-2011, 14:48
So where did you end up going?

harrygunner
12-04-2011, 22:56
Good meeting. Went to a nice quiet, family oriented restaurant. As expected there were no signs anywhere around the entrance. Won't name it in case I slipped up on a technicality. Then, I'd have to answer to 'Sam Spade'. :wow:

I'm headed to Idaho in a couple of weeks. Fortunately no restaurant sign issues for the three states I'll be driving in.

Toorop
12-05-2011, 03:53
You should have told your boss that you did not want to meet there as you would not be allowed to carry your firearm. Maybe next time he will suggest a CCW friendly place. Perhaps even the gun club!

AZ-Robert
12-07-2011, 14:54
According to AZ law, a permit holder from out of state would be exempt.

http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=4/00229.htm

4-229. Licenses; handguns; posting of notice

A. A person with a permit issued pursuant to section 13-3112 may carry a concealed handgun on the premises of a licensee who is an on-sale retailer unless the licensee posts a sign that clearly prohibits the possession of weapons on the licensed premises. The sign shall conform to the following requirements:

1. Be posted in a conspicuous location accessible to the general public and immediately adjacent to the liquor license posted on the licensed premises.

2. Contain a pictogram that shows a firearm within a red circle and a diagonal red line across the firearm.

3. Contain the words, "no firearms allowed pursuant to A.R.S. section 4-229".

B. A person shall not carry a firearm on the licensed premises of an on-sale retailer if the licensee has posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section.

C. It is an affirmative defense to a violation of subsection B of this section if:

1. The person was not informed of the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section before the violation.

2. Any one or more of the following apply:

(a) At the time of the violation the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section had fallen down.

(b) At the time of the violation the person was not a resident of this state.
(c) The licensee had posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section not more than thirty days before the violation.

D. The department of liquor licenses and control shall prepare the signs required by this section and make them available at no cost to licensees.

E. The signs required by this section shall be composed of block, capital letters printed in black on white laminated paper at a minimum weight of one hundred ten pound index. The lettering and pictogram shall consume a space at least six inches by nine inches. The letters comprising the words "no firearms allowed" shall be at least three-fourths of a vertical inch and all other letters shall be at least one-half of a vertical inch. Nothing shall prohibit a licensee from posting additional signs at one or more locations on the premises.

F. This section does not prohibit a person who possesses a handgun from entering the licensed premises for a limited time for the specific purpose of either:

1. Seeking emergency aid.

2. Determining whether a sign has been posted pursuant to subsection A of this section.