UC Officer kills carjacking suspect [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UC Officer kills carjacking suspect

trdvet
11-30-2011, 23:50
HPD: Officer fatally shoots carjacker

News Link (http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/HPD-Officer-fatally-shoots-carjacker-2334437.php)

An undercover Houston police officer shot and killed a man Wednesday that he said tried to carjack him during a surveillance operation at a northwest-side apartment complex.

Several people who said they were related to Garza denounced the shooting.

Cynthia Rodriguez denied that her son would carjack anyone. "I have a car. If he wants a car he can borrow mine," she said. "I want justice. I want to know why they shot him seven times."

Other relatives acknowledged Garza had a checkered past but said it was for "nickel and dime stuff."

Shot seven times because that's probably all he had in the mag and as far as the "nickel and dime" stuff anyone want to make a bet an agg. something or other was in there?

msu_grad_121
12-01-2011, 00:46
Good guys 1, scumbag 0.

As it should be :supergrin:

IGotIt
12-01-2011, 00:54
Yes, he was a good boy caught in an unfortunate situation. He was in the process of turning his life around and was going to use the car to go to church.

Seven times? It sure took him a long time to fall. All's well that ends well.

id1otbox
12-01-2011, 00:59
Seven times? Sounds like a 9mm issue

EMTCOP
12-01-2011, 01:09
Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes.

janice6
12-01-2011, 01:11
I would prefer that all "carjackers" get this reward.

msu_grad_121
12-01-2011, 01:24

I dunno, they seem to have done their job. :dunno:

NEOH212
12-01-2011, 03:11
I dunno, they seem to have done their job. :dunno:

Agree. The perp isn't around to talk about it! :whistling:

Patchman
12-01-2011, 05:26
From the headline, I thought that University of California cops upgraded from mace/pepper spray to guns!

Darn, but that was a bit of a downer.

TKOFaith
12-01-2011, 08:02

:steamed::wedgie:

Detectorist
12-01-2011, 08:05
Yes, he was a good boy caught in an unfortunate situation. He was in the process of turning his life around and was going to use the car to go to church.

Seven times? It sure took him a long time to fall. All's well that ends well.

:rofl:

Kadetklapp
12-01-2011, 09:24
From the headline, I thought that University of California cops upgraded from mace/pepper spray to guns!

Darn, but that was a bit of a downer.

Me too.

And if I have to read one more line of drivel from the mope apologists crowd about how their "son" would "nevah do sumtin like dat" I will toss this computer out the window...

TKOFaith
12-01-2011, 09:27
Me too.

And if I have to read one more line of drivel from the mope apologists crowd about how their "son" would "nevah do sumtin like dat" I will toss this computer out the window...

:wavey: Get a new computer soon! We'll miss you! :faint:

Cochese
12-01-2011, 09:40

:rofl:

Sounds like slide lock on a Colt Defender. :whistling: it IS Texas....

acpd541
12-01-2011, 10:00
Nickel & dime stuff?

My Google-fu found a 19yo Adam Garza of Sherwood Ln., Houston arrested for the following:

Oct 22, 2010 - Adam Garza was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana, 0 to 2 ounces the Harris County Sheriff's Office reported. Garza, a 18 year old white male, was booked at the Harris County Jail on October 22, 2010 and is facing a misdemeanor charge.

May 21, 2011 - Adam Garza was arrested on charges of evading arrest or detention and unlawful carrying of a weapon. The Harris County Sheriff's Department reported. Garza, a 19 year old white male, was booked at the Harris County Jail on May 22, 2011 and is facing misdemeanor charges.

June 13, 2011 - Adam Garza was arrested on charges of evading arrest or detention and unlawful carrying of a weapon. The Harris County Sheriff's Department reported. Garza, a 19 year old white male, was booked at the Harris County Jail on June 13, 2011 and is facing misdemeanor charges.

July 31, 2011 - Adam Garza was arrested by the Harris County Sheriff on a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana, 0 to 2 ounces the Harris County Sheriff's Department reported.

http://www.ultimateheights.com/search?q=adam+garza+arrested&x=0&y=0&search_type=site

Who knows what he did between August and now. He was just hitting his stride until Darwin intervened.

PinkoCommie
12-01-2011, 10:09

That actually sounds like a 1911 issue. 9mm would probably have been an 18 shot kinda thing...

Kadetklapp
12-01-2011, 10:14
Nickel & dime stuff?

My Google-fu found a 19yo Adam Garza of Sherwood Ln., Houston arrested for the following:

Oct 22, 2010 - Adam Garza was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana, 0 to 2 ounces the Harris County Sheriff's Office reported. Garza, a 18 year old white male, was booked at the Harris County Jail on October 22, 2010 and is facing a misdemeanor charge.

May 21, 2011 - Adam Garza was arrested on charges of evading arrest or detention and unlawful carrying of a weapon. The Harris County Sheriff's Department reported. Garza, a 19 year old white male, was booked at the Harris County Jail on May 22, 2011 and is facing misdemeanor charges.

June 13, 2011 - Adam Garza was arrested on charges of evading arrest or detention and unlawful carrying of a weapon. The Harris County Sheriff's Department reported. Garza, a 19 year old white male, was booked at the Harris County Jail on June 13, 2011 and is facing misdemeanor charges.

July 31, 2011 - Adam Garza was arrested by the Harris County Sheriff on a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana, 0 to 2 ounces the Harris County Sheriff's Department reported.

http://www.ultimateheights.com/search?q=adam+garza+arrested&x=0&y=0&search_type=site

Who knows what he did between August and now. He was just hitting his stride until Darwin intervened.

Epic.

eclark53520
12-01-2011, 10:20
Why can't I once read a story that the mother apologizes for raising a worthless son?

Weapons charges are now considered 'nickel and dime stuff'?

Stop the planet...i want off.

Ajon412
12-01-2011, 10:46
Nickel & dime stuff?

Yea, but he was trying to turn his life around....:whistling:

trdvet
12-01-2011, 11:10
Sounds like he was on a roll in that short span of two years when he became an adult. Wonder how his juvenile record looks like? Bet we all know the answer to that.

Chuck54
12-01-2011, 11:10
He killd my boy seven times ...... that aint right

ryanm
12-01-2011, 14:00
...I will toss this computer out the window...

defenestrate!

Dragoon44
12-01-2011, 14:43
All his relatives will miss him, Thank God the officer did not.

:cool:

PinkoCommie
12-01-2011, 14:51

drumroll, please!

packsaddle
12-01-2011, 15:22
Police recovered a semi-automatic pistol they believe Garza used.

believe?

lessee, perp points gun at officer....officer shoots perp....perp falls to ground....gun laying next to perp.

yeah, i believe it was the gun, too.

oh, and one way to avoid the stupid comments from relatives is to not interview them.

also notice how the last names of mom and son are always different.

msu_grad_121
12-01-2011, 15:24
drumroll, please!

Rimshot. Ba-dum-tish!

id1otbox
12-01-2011, 15:44
That actually sounds like a 1911 issue. 9mm would probably have been an 18 shot kinda thing...

LOL just being a instigator

Morris
12-01-2011, 16:00

Can I adopt that as a sig line?

Mayhem like Me
12-01-2011, 16:55
Mommy Dragoon sez.....everytime a policeman has a righteous shoot a GNG'er poops his pants..

glockbob
12-01-2011, 19:52

:supergrin:

Dukedomone
12-01-2011, 20:13
Adam Garza had just turned his life around. He found a gun on the street in a bad part of town and didn't want it to be found by any young kids. He was always such a role model to those kids in the apartment complex. He recognized the cop from the neighborhood and took the firearm over to do his civic duty. He just wanted to turn the gun over to the police and out of nowhere...."BANG!!" he was shot dead. What a tragedy.

At least that's what the lawyers will say.....

Seriously though, glad the cop is okay. It could have been much worse.

And go ahead and steal Dragoon's quote. If I know him, he has a million more just like that one. :supergrin: :wavey:

mntrpr
12-01-2011, 20:32
Maybe the nickel and dime reference was how much time her boy was looking at for the crimes he had committed.:whistling:

Dukedomone
12-01-2011, 21:07
Maybe the nickel and dime reference was how much time her boy was looking at for the crimes he had committed.:whistling:

No, it was all he could afford to donate to the church every Sunday.

MeefZah
12-01-2011, 21:16
Cynthia Rodriguez denied that her son would carjack anyone. "I have a car. If he wants a car he can borrow mine," she said.

Yeah, but you'll be mad when he trades it for $20 in crack, mom.

L-1
12-02-2011, 19:42
Yea, but he was trying to turn his life around....:whistling:

Turning your life around is probably one of the most dangerous things you can do nowadays.

lawman800
12-03-2011, 19:36
also notice how the last names of mom and son are always different.

That is actually standard here. You interview the people who are family and you make sure you ask everyone's full name because you cannot assume father, mother and multiple children all have the same name. As a matter of fact, I did a face sheet for a family of 4 (mom, dad, son, daughter) and all four had different last names and they were as nonchalant about it as can be when I was like... "Really? How does that happen?"

As for this soon-to-be worm fodder POS... yeah, he was trying to desperately borrow a car around midnight so he can rush over to midnight mass and sing lullabies to orphaned 3 legged kittens and feed the homeless goldfish with gimp fins at the local shelter. That's it... he was also trying to reconnect with his 5 children that he had with the 7 different mothers because he wants to be a rsponsible man that raises his children right.

wuvmyglock
12-03-2011, 19:42
As "Gunny" would say..... "Looks like somebody picked the wrong car.."