MKA 1919 Semi Auto 12 Gauge Shotgun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MKA 1919 Semi Auto 12 Gauge Shotgun

smokin762
12-01-2011, 18:59
A couple of weeks ago, I went to one of my favorite Gun Shops to pick up a couple of scopes and while I was there, I seen something that I thought looked cool.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
They had a MKA 1919. It’s a 12 Gauge Shotgun that looks like an AR rifle. It’s a Turkish made semi auto shotgun. I looked around YouTube for some videos about it and on one of the video’s a guy says the action is based on the Remington 1100 action.
I am not sure if I will buy one or not. Part of me thinks my Mossberg 500A is good enough. Check it out, I think it looks interesting.
This is the link to the RAAC Firearms site and don’t forget to click onto the video in the top right corner.<o:p></o:p>
http://raacfirearms.com/index.php3?pageid=AkdalProducts.htm

MarkCO
12-01-2011, 19:07
It is turning out to be the next hot thing in shotguns, probably the Saiga killer. However, the 5 round magazine is all you can legally use in the stock variation. Firebird Precision is the leader in the high capacity versions. He has made 12 parts that, when converted, allow you to use high cap magazines and be 922r compliant. I'm not sure I would say it is based on the 1100, but it is a gas system. I've shot them and handled the Firebird versions. They are much better made than the Saigas and as such, even the converted ones are less than half what a modified Saiga would cost. If tossing a pound of lead in 3 seconds is your thing, check out Firebird Precision.

-gunut-
12-04-2011, 11:11
They sure are ugly!

smokin762
12-04-2011, 11:27
They sure are ugly!

Really? I think they look kind of cool. I just can't see me spending $800.00 for one. At that price, I would buy another AR instead.:supergrin:

K.Kiser
12-04-2011, 11:34
What is the advantage over a Remington, Beretta, Benelli auto other than looking military like..? Don't get me wrong I like all guns and would like to have one, but what gap does it fill..?

uzimon
12-04-2011, 11:37
It is turning out to be the next hot thing in shotguns, probably the Saiga killer. However, the 5 round magazine is all you can legally use in the stock variation. Firebird Precision is the leader in the high capacity versions. He has made 12 parts that, when converted, allow you to use high cap magazines and be 922r compliant. I'm not sure I would say it is based on the 1100, but it is a gas system. I've shot them and handled the Firebird versions. They are much better made than the Saigas and as such, even the converted ones are less than half what a modified Saiga would cost. If tossing a pound of lead in 3 seconds is your thing, check out Firebird Precision.

So its not a direct impingement?

smokin762
12-04-2011, 11:57
What is the advantage over a Remington, Beretta, Benelli auto other than looking military like..? Don't get me wrong I like all guns and would like to have one, but what gap does it fill..?

The controls of the MKA 1919 are very similar to the AR rifle. This would allow for a smoother transition from rifle to a shotgun. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Most of my rifles are ARís outside of a couple of 22ís. I sold my Beretta CX Storm 9mm carbine and replaced it with a RRA 9mm AR. I also bought a Spikes Tactical dedicated .22lr upper and put it on an RRA lower. <o:p></o:p>
My .308 rifle is an AR10 type rifle. See where I am going with this. All the fundamentals are the same.<o:p></o:p>
I just cannot justify the price for me.:whistling:<o:p></o:p>

MarkCO
12-04-2011, 14:31
So its not a direct impingement?

DI is still gas, but I don't know if it is an op rod or a gas piston system. If you need me to find out for you. I'll call Jim, get the skinny and post it up.

uzimon
12-04-2011, 15:29
DI is still gas, but I don't know if it is an op rod or a gas piston system. If you need me to find out for you. I'll call Jim, get the skinny and post it up.

Just wondering. As fast as the 556 gets fouled up I bet the 12 with a di setup would really jam up quick