What's the best G27 carry rig? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What's the best G27 carry rig?

Glockfan1977
12-01-2011, 20:28
GT Nation: I am roughly 5'-7" tall and I weigh about 140lbs. I am a rather slender guy and my carry gun of choice is a G27. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to carry it? I do not like SOB holsters, there name says it all. I do however, like a paddle holster preferably Kydex. My dilemma is how to carry on the hip or in a fanny pack, etc...

I welcome suggestions from all who carry on a regular basis.

huggytree
12-01-2011, 20:33
a 140 lb man with a fanny pack.....you will attract attention

i got a G27 and have 2 holsters

IWB King tuk
OWB bianchi black widow

i like both...i use the black widow mostly...it shows a bit, but no one notices....very comfortable...rides high, so all you need is an untucked tee shirt

i also like the black widow because it has a thumb break...i play/wrestle around with my kids and dont want my gun falling out...it holds it great

glock-n-roll
12-01-2011, 21:54
I only carry my G27 IWB in a Crossbreed Super Tuck at the 3:00 position. I'm way bigger than you however, not that it matters much depending on how you dress for concealment.

xmanhockey7
12-01-2011, 21:54
Open carry. Provided it's legal where you live.

Shadyscott69
12-01-2011, 21:59
This is our most popular OWB. It is actually what I carry my 26 in daily.

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu106/shadyscott999/IMG_20110501_102741-1.jpg

DaneA
12-01-2011, 22:25
GT Nation: I am roughly 5'-7" tall and I weigh about 140lbs. I am a rather slender guy and my carry gun of choice is a G27. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to carry it? I do not like SOB holsters, there name says it all. I do however, like a paddle holster preferably Kydex. My dilemma is how to carry on the hip or in a fanny pack, etc...

I welcome suggestions from all who carry on a regular basis.

The best holster is the one that is most comfortable for you to wear. BTW fanny packs are gay.

Glockfan1977
12-01-2011, 22:27
ShadyScott: Do you have a holster in the same configuration in the pic that is not lined with leather? This is of course assuming the one depicted is lined with leather. Thanks for the advice and pic it looks great!

Glockfan1977
12-01-2011, 22:28
UNFORTUNATELY, it is not legal here in SC. Hopefully, it will be one day!

Glockfan1977
12-01-2011, 22:31
How do you like pocket holsters?

Shadyscott69
12-01-2011, 22:33
ShadyScott: Do you have a holster in the same configuration in the pic that is not lined with leather? This is of course assuming the one depicted is lined with leather. Thanks for the advice and pic it looks great!

It is all leather. :rofl: Where are you in SC?

JACKINMYGLOCK
12-01-2011, 23:48
Try an ankle holster! Best method for 100% concealment!

Vartarg
12-02-2011, 06:34
My normal setup is this belt slide, and occasionally a Galco ankle holster when nothing else will work. Ankle holsters are really only useful when you're sitting down, as in the car, on on the ground....not necessarily a good place to find oneself. :upeyes:

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb419/Vartarg/92496e5d.jpg

xmanhockey7
12-02-2011, 10:03

That sucks. I'm your size too (I might have 5 pounds on you). If u have a slightly oversized t-shirt you should have no problem carrying it IWB with a good holster and belt. I've found my Springfield XDm to be easily concealed and it's a fair amount bigger than the 27 (XDm is ever so slightly smaller than a Glock 27). It's especially easy if you wear a button up shirt over the t-shirt. That opens up A LOT of options. Shoulder holster, OWB (be careful you don't show), and IWB much easier.

dustbusterplus
12-02-2011, 13:45
I carry a G27 too, but I'm about 5'9" and 195lbs (so I am not in the most fit of shape) I usually wear a medium-sized shirt, but when I'm carrying I need either a large, or a hoodie of sorts. I have tried a couple different holsters and found I really like a Galco Ankle Glove when applicable, a Remora RFT when just running a quick errand, or an X-Concealment Modular Kydex Pancake holster any other time. They each have their place.

My only beef with kydex pancake is when using their iwb clips (depending on the company), they print worse than the gun/holster. So I am ordering some tuckable soft loops to try those out and I think they will be just the ticket. And for someone of your size, I think you might want to talk to the holster maker and if you order a kydex pancake, tell them the size of your waist and they can probably curve it to fit you perfectly.

The Remora is a great do-all. I keep my G27 in it when she is tucked away in the nightstand for the night. And I really like wearing it in the summer time cuz it doesn't cover as much area and I can tuck it really deep IWB. The kydex pancake rides a little higher, but is much more comfortable cuz it is having my belt support the gun rather than friction alone.

PTankersley
12-02-2011, 13:49
I use the MIC and put it wherever it needs to go for the situation that i am in - works great. I have carried this way longer than any other method.

IndyGunFreak
12-02-2011, 14:10
a 140 lb man with a fanny pack.....you will attract attention

:upeyes:

You do realize about 99% of the population walks around in condition stupid don't you?

I wear one several times a week, and have never had anyone ask me what type of firearm I'm carrying, or ask me to remove my fanny pack, etc.. Yeah, if you're in a business suit and using a fanny pack, it might look odd. Most "everyday" attire can blend in a fanny pack pretty easily.

The only people it "screams gun" to, is LE and other people carrying a gun.

IGF

up1911fan
12-02-2011, 15:17
If you want a kydex paddle holster i'd say Comp Tac. Other kydex I like are the RCS Phantom (wearing one now), Secret City Weaponeers K25 and the Blade-Tech NANO.

Lord
12-02-2011, 17:20
kydex holster with pancake wings. rides very tight to the body, and very secure carry. virtually undetectable even if wearing a tshirt flapping in the breeze.

check into:

Raven Concealment (expensive, long wait, but high quality)
Crown Holsters (reasonably priced, very fast turn around, good quality)

greentriple
12-02-2011, 17:31
I'm slender as well and carry G27 in one of three holsters, depending on clothing:
1) Blackhawk leather cqc clip in appendix (most often)' not most comfortable if you sit for long periods of time.
2) Blade Tech UCH at 330.
3) Glock OEM combat holster.

These three have serves my needs for the quite some time, although I admit I'm tempted to try one of the kydex, leather hybrids.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

kn38ms
12-02-2011, 17:35
http://stickyholsters.com/holster.php?j=131

I use this for my G26 and will never use anything else again...

kn38ms
12-02-2011, 17:41
http://stickyholsters.com/anklebiter.html

packinaglock
12-02-2011, 17:55
I carry my G26 or G27 in a Rocketman Lowrider IWB at 4:00, for me it's comfortable for all day wear.

Glockin26
12-02-2011, 17:58
Buy a handmade leather holster and never look back. I did, best money i ever spent. My friend bought a bunch of cheap holsters for his 26 before trying mine and fell in love. Brommeland max con V. One and done.

steve581581
12-02-2011, 18:02
The best holster is the one that is most comfortable for you to wear. BTW fanny packs are gay.

This^

I use a cloth Blackhawk iwb or the iwb I made when I'm not at work depending on what I'm wearing and I just purchased a Desantis dual carry to use at work during the winter with my coveralls. There are so many different styles that it comes down to what fits you best for what you're doing/wearing.

bruzer
12-02-2011, 18:06
There are two Glock Talk members that I recommend. Tommy Theis Holsters http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1342271&highlight=theis+holster and Paul (coachg). Here is my thread on my current carry holster.
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1376194
Good luck,
Mike

Glockfan1977
12-02-2011, 19:15
I am not too far from you, in the Gaston/Swansea area. I may come by your shop and look around.

Shadyscott69
12-02-2011, 20:00
I am not too far from you, in the Gaston/Swansea area. I may come by your shop and look around.

That's great. Come on by. You can try some things out.

Joe H
12-02-2011, 20:32
That's great. Come on by. You can try some things out.

I frequent the Defenders range in Lexington.

Do you have any of the fake guns the size of a G26? It would be nice to try holsters using my carry gun.

MN-glock27
12-02-2011, 20:35
I'd recommend a Minotaur Spartan or MTAC holster, both made by Comp-Tac. I have a Spartan and it's a great holster.

IndyGunFreak
12-02-2011, 21:56

People who say fanny packs are gay are insecure about their own manhood.

I don't particularly "like" fanny packs, but for me, there are some situations where a fanny pack is simply the best option available (Gym, running, etc..). It's really all about environment when saying whether a fanny pack is very noticeable.

As said in another thread a long time ago, a fanny pack suggests a man is absolutely straight, since a gay man would never make such a horrible fashion statement. The key, is to get one that is not huge, and not to get one that ridiculously "tactical"

IGF

Doxiedad
12-03-2011, 03:06
I'm 6'5" 275lbs and carry my G27 in a Theiss holster. http://www.theisholsters.com/products.php

Thinking about getting a Remora holster for a change. http://www.remoraholsters.com/

Shadyscott69
12-03-2011, 07:03
I frequent the Defenders range in Lexington.

Do you have any of the fake guns the size of a G26? It would be nice to try holsters using my carry gun.

Sure do. Just bring your 26 if you like. Please make sure you follow all safety rules though. We are a pro Second Amendment shop. :supergrin:

Steamboat Bill
12-03-2011, 16:40
Raven was way too wide for me, unfortunately.

The RM (Rocket Man) Low Rider IWB kydex has worked grat for me. Been using it with my G27 for awhile now with no complaints. Rides low which helps with concealment, and with the GAP plates on my magazines I still get a good quick draw.

beforeobamabans
12-03-2011, 17:55
Buy a handmade leather holster and never look back. I did, best money i ever spent. My friend bought a bunch of cheap holsters for his 26 before trying mine and fell in love. Brommeland max con V. One and done.
Wisdom^^^^

At least educate yourself by reading through Gary's website. He raised his prices this year (and they are getting quite pricy) but still worth it in my book.

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/

HarleyGuy
12-04-2011, 01:14
I'm over 6' and weigh 2 much:rofl:

I carry a G-27 in one of two IWB Milt Sparks Holsters.
A "Summer Special" or an "Executive Companion".
Both have reinforced mouths (keeps the holster from closing when the gun is removed).
The Executive Companion seems to be more stable but it could just be me.

Main thing is to have pants that are 2' larger in the waist than what you normally wear a good gunbelt and and that the loops fits snugly around the belt.

If you find that your holster is moving backannd forth on your belt, try a small strip of velcro on the inner side of your belt/holster.

JimM_PA
12-04-2011, 07:53
I'm over 6' and weigh 2 much:rofl:

I carry a G-27 in one of two IWB Milt Sparks Holsters.
A "Summer Special" or an "Executive Companion".
Both have reinforced mouths (keeps the holster from closing when the gun is removed).
The Executive Companion seems to be more stable but it could just be me.

Main thing is to have pants that are 2' larger in the waist than what you normally wear a good gunbelt and and that the loops fits snugly around the belt.

If you find that your holster is moving backannd forth on your belt, try a small strip of velcro on the inner side of your belt/holster.
This MS holster is worth a 2nd look also:
http://www.miltsparks.com/Watch_Six.htm
A solid belt is just as important as the holster.

huggytree
12-04-2011, 08:39
:upeyes:

You do realize about 99% of the population walks around in condition stupid don't you?

I wear one several times a week, and have never had anyone ask me what type of firearm I'm carrying, or ask me to remove my fanny pack, etc.. Yeah, if you're in a business suit and using a fanny pack, it might look odd. Most "everyday" attire can blend in a fanny pack pretty easily.

The only people it "screams gun" to, is LE and other people carrying a gun.

IGF

i didnt mean attention as in carrying a gun....i meant attention as in 'hey look at that guy with a fanny pack....that was gay in 1980!, does he know its 2011?'

a fanny pack would be the most comfortable way to carry, but its a fashion thing

IndyGunFreak
12-05-2011, 15:14
i didnt mean attention as in carrying a gun....i meant attention as in 'hey look at that guy with a fanny pack....that was gay in 1980!, does he know its 2011?'

a fanny pack would be the most comfortable way to carry, but its a fashion thing

I knew what you meant, but again, there's times where a fanny pack blends in extremely well. There's others, where it definitely does not.

IGF

spoolin89
12-07-2011, 18:49
I'm also from SC (Greenville/Spartanburg Area) and I too am about your size, at 5' 8" 137lbs.

I carry a G36 and a G23 in this holster from Highnoon Holsters (its an tuckable IWB )
http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Closing_Argument/closing_argument.html

I carry in the 4 o'clock-ish position, and even with a slim t-shirt or a slim fitting button up shirt, it hardly shows (if any.) I just have to watch it when I move around. But with a coat on, or a sweatshirt, it vanishes.

I have even worn this with nice dress clothes (i.e. dress slacks, and a slim fitting button up shirt with a tie) and with my shirt tucked in, you don't even know it's there.

I just bought my Dad a G27 for Christmas, and will be giving him the same holster because it wears and fits very well.

fla2760
12-07-2011, 19:10
I carry a G27 as my primary and prefer a good IWB holster and carry at the 2 O'clock aka appendix position.

jonny772
12-07-2011, 20:19
I have a 5.11 fanny pack and if I throw my shirt over it you can hardly see it, and its good for all those non-belt times

SevenSixtyTwo
12-07-2011, 20:34
I 6'2", soon to be 180 again and coyote ugly so a fanny pack just doesn't fit the ensemble. I carry my G26 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster while on the clock and in a Tagua belt slide speed holster on my time. A Fobus Evolution paddle holster works if I need to remove it during the day and want to keep it holstered. If you're as ugly as me or bless your heart even uglier, Home Depot sells belt slide meter holsters in different sizes that might work with blue jeans and a tucked in shirt. The thing that turns me off of the fanny packs and HD meter holsters is no trigger guard.

automan
12-08-2011, 13:57
I carry mine in either a VMII or Summer Special. I think the VMII carry's Glocks and M&Ps best for IWB.

MLittle
12-08-2011, 17:02
You didn't say where you now carry....... Without that bit of info, it's hard to make recommendations. I tried to carry inside waist band behind the hip, but just didn't find it comfortable. The spot I find most comfortable and also one of the fastest draws is inside waist band, appendix carry. I use a Dale Fricke Archangel holster. It carries high enough to allow full combat grip and it does not dig into my leg when I sit. The only negative thing to say about it is that it is not tuckable, so you have to wear a shirt/sweater/jacket over it to conceal. In the summer I have no problem carrying my Glock 30sf in this spot with only a light t-shirt and shorts. If for some reason I have to tuck my shirt, I pocket carry my Glock 26 in a Desantis pocket holster. The key to both methods of carry is using a GOOD belt.

voiceofreason
12-17-2011, 19:02
I've owned a LOT of holsters.

For leather concealed carry, TT Gunleather Mike's Special conceals a compact Glock best and most comfortably for me. I like the reinforced mouth.

For range work, Safariland 6378, but it doesn't conceal worth a damn. It's the same holster as the 6377 (belt slide), but it has the paddle attached, and comes with the parts to make it into a belt slide holster.

MTAC by Comp Tac concealed okay, wore very comfortably, mouth closed up sometimes.

For CC, I'd go with the Mike's Special for sure. 4 month wait though.

rta108
12-23-2011, 13:41
This is our most popular OWB. It is actually what I carry my 26 in daily.

http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu106/shadyscott999/IMG_20110501_102741-1.jpg

Have you made any Paladin's with thumbbreaks yet? I'll be first in line...

mikegun
12-26-2011, 16:55
I carry my G26 or G27 in a Rocketman Lowrider IWB at 4:00, for me it's comfortable for all day wear.

inn 2nd the lowrider, best holster ive owned

Pierre!
12-26-2011, 19:41
I go Appendix carry with an Uncle Mike's #12 for my G26/G27/G19/G23/G32

Works great, even around the house in sweatpants... :cool:

Just run with the t-shirt out, and it's good to go.

Like Indy said, condition white is the normal operating range of most people anyway...

Happy Shopping!

Patrick

garebel
12-26-2011, 20:48
Glock Sport Combat holster works quite well for me.
Good retention, good concealability, accomodates any Glock other than .45 and 10mm models (different size required for those), ambidextrous, and it is less than twenty bucks.

It is worth mentioning, again, that a good gunbelt is just as important..just a reminder.

greentriple
12-29-2011, 16:00
Update, Desantis mini slide. Very nice to dated...

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

fxstchewy
12-29-2011, 16:17
I use a Glock sport holster a Don Hume OWB and a Fobus, all work great but i will say Seth's leather looks great and i may look into one.

Glockrunner
12-29-2011, 16:29

What is IS? As in what is not legal here in SC?

up1911fan
12-29-2011, 16:58
I'm guessing open carry?