Pendleton Safes....experience? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pendleton Safes....experience?

Indy_Guy_77
12-02-2011, 08:50
I've seen their add a few times in magazines.

And I've been on their website a few times. http://www.pendletonsafes.com/

I'm rather attracted to the space-savings that their designs offer.

Any GTers have their products? Cost relative to other gun safes?

Thanks!

-J-

CaptTurbo
01-26-2012, 20:16
I've not seen this design before now. It's unique. I bet you could wrap that thing up to look like a hot water tank. A little fake plumbing ... hmm.

ropin4gold
01-28-2012, 22:17
I have looked at several of thier models at a stocking dealer in Virginia Beach. It will be my next safe. Very well made and a good idea.

maxpower220
01-28-2012, 22:38
Don't know anything about these safes. However, I do know that round circles in square rectangle boxes do not "save space". In fact, space must be wasted. Now, if you have lots of radiused corners in your office or closet, it may be perfect. I also like the "safe myths" of heat rating. They just state there are several ways to test and they are flawed, never noting why or how they are better.

chemcmndr
01-28-2012, 23:42
I think the largest advantage of this safe design is its resistance to prying attacks. When you try to pry a safe open, the classic route is to flip the safe on its back and use a long pry bar to pry the door open. Because of the rounded edge, and tight tolerances between door and frame, this sort of attack is made much more difficult.

However, most other safes come with a floor mounting kit that would prevent you from flipping a rectangular safe on its back as well...

themighty9mm
01-29-2012, 11:44
I think the largest advantage of this safe design is its resistance to prying attacks. When you try to pry a safe open, the classic route is to flip the safe on its back and use a long pry bar to pry the door open. Because of the rounded edge, and tight tolerances between door and frame, this sort of attack is made much more difficult.

However, most other safes come with a floor mounting kit that would prevent you from flipping a rectangular safe on its back as well...

I was thinking the same thing, untill I noticed the lazy susan thing goin on. Thats the weak point. One wouldnt go through the door but the top instead. Or at least this is how it appears to me