I think I am done (almost) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I think I am done (almost)

pag23
12-02-2011, 10:38
Well I finally finished up my second AR and am pretty pleased with the results. The last thing I wanted to get was an intro optic. I settled on the Primary Arms microdot that was on sale (Thanks Marshall!!) earlier this week due to the cost and I need to practice with something before deciding on something else in the future.

Breakdown:

Upper- BCM 16 Midlength
Lower - BCM with MIAD handgrip
BCG & Charging Handle- BCM
Stock: Magpul CTR
RVG: Magpul
Handguard: Troy Drop
Sling & Light Mount: VTAC
Rear sight: Troy folding
Optic: PA Microdot with UTG Base

Thanks everyone for your help!

Vanilla-gorilla
12-02-2011, 11:04
Nice AR!

mixflip
12-02-2011, 12:37
Nice but its never done...

I dont see any anti-walk trigger pins? You also need the small spare parts, bolt, firing pin, extractor claw, springs etc.

Its never done... lol

punkey71
12-02-2011, 12:54
Nice but its never done...

I dont see any anti-walk trigger pins? You also need the small spare parts, bolt, firing pin, extractor claw, springs etc.

Its never done... lol

Why does he need anti-walk pins?

pag23
12-02-2011, 13:02
I do have some spare parts such as firing pins, extractor spring & buffer, but need to pick up a bolt or two and a spare extractor. I was debating on a Geisselle trigger......

punkey71
12-02-2011, 13:09
I do have some spare parts such as firing pins, extractor spring & buffer, but need to pick up a bolt or two and a spare extractor. I was debating on a Geisselle trigger......

A Geisselle trigger would be a great addition. The SSA at $170 is a heck of a deal.

pag23
12-02-2011, 13:17
A Geisselle trigger would be a great addition. The SSA at $170 is a heck of a deal.

I know.. .I am getting the itch to buy one, but I was looking at the SSA Enhanced. What would be the difference?

punkey71
12-02-2011, 13:26
I know.. .I am getting the itch to buy one, but I was looking at the SSA Enhanced. What would be the difference?

1 lb lighter on the second stage and shorter reset. I like the ssa...the 1 lb won't make a difference to me. I use them in guns with red dots and 1-4 optics. If I shot precision I would go for the extra pound of the ssa-e, but I don't. Either one is so much lighter and predictable than a stock AR trigger.

You can spend the extra $30 is you want but for me it wouldn't be worth it.

HAIL CAESAR
12-02-2011, 17:32
You forgot bullits!!

Congrats on the new rifle.

boomhower
12-02-2011, 19:26
Good lookin' AR. Get the SSA, you won't regret it. I prefer the slightly higher trigger pull of the SSA. The -E is to light for a duty/HD gun to me.

Glocker1984
12-02-2011, 20:01
I like it! Now go run the hell out of it! :supergrin:

HAIL CAESAR
12-02-2011, 20:04
Good lookin' AR. Get the SSA, you won't regret it. I prefer the slightly higher trigger pull of the SSA. The -E is to light for a duty/HD gun to me.

I used to be LE and I have both, and I agree.

mixflip
12-03-2011, 02:52
Why does he need anti-walk pins?

I was joking with him. He said he was done and I basically was insinuating we as black gun owners are never done lol. I guess I should have inserted a laughing icon?:rofl:

Gribble
12-03-2011, 06:10
I was joking with him. He said he was done and I basically was insinuating we as black gun owners are never done lol. I guess I should have inserted a laughing icon?:rofl: They have a term for Ar guys who think they are done, it's called denial! :laughabove: I don't know how many times I have let those words utter out of my mouth only to find a spare part in the parts box and watch it morph into an entire weapon.........:uglylol:

QNman
12-03-2011, 06:37
Well I finally finished up my second AR and am pretty pleased with the results...

... I was debating on a Geisselle trigger......

:whistling:

:supergrin:

You're NEVER truly "done". Not until you buy your third black rifle and start that project. :cool:

Very nice rifle!

QNman
12-03-2011, 06:40
They have a term for Ar guys who think they are done, it's called denial! :laughabove: I don't know how many times I have let those words utter out of my mouth only to find a spare part in the parts box and watch it morph into an entire weapon.........:uglylol:

Been there, done that....

It's amazing, isn't it? I look through my spare parts box and start saying stuff like "hey, all I need is parts x y and z and I'll have another complete upper/lower/rifle". And it begins again...

mixflip
12-03-2011, 12:35
My friend wants to buy a different upper for his old carry handle Colt-CAR . Everybody here knows what happens when you have a perfectly good extra upper laying around.

It somehow grows a new lower!!!!

pag23
12-04-2011, 09:00
I might upgrade the trigger once I have a chance to get to the range with this one and possibly add a few more XTM Magpul panels but done on this one for one.

The other issue I don't know why I keep getting directed to the BCM blemished lower page everytime I start up my computer :)

ColdBlooded
12-04-2011, 10:04
:whistling:

:supergrin:

You're NEVER truly "done". Not until you buy your third black rifle and start that project. :cool:

Very nice rifle!

I haven't even got the upper for my 3rd project, and I already bought my 4th lower(Territorial Lower from G&R $30 + $15 shipping, at least I think I got my order in on time edit: I did get my order in on time).

dc2integra
12-04-2011, 13:07
Nice AR im digging the od greeen.

QNman
12-04-2011, 17:48
I haven't even got the upper for my 3rd project, and I already bought my 4th lower(Territorial Lower from G&R $30 + $15 shipping, at least I think I got my order in on time edit: I did get my order in on time).

:rofl: been there, done that...

:cheers: