just installed my breachersgrip for my mossberg. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : just installed my breachersgrip for my mossberg.

cowboywannabe
12-02-2011, 16:33
blackhawk spec ops breachersgrip blah blah blah.......

put it on and will try it out with high brass 00buck to how much of the perceived 65% reduced recoil is still there.

works with a rocking cam lever attached to a high tention spring.

wont be able to try it out until monday or tuesday with my work schedule.

anybody else have one of these?

WoodenPlank
12-02-2011, 18:26
blackhawk spec ops breachersgrip blah blah blah.......

put it on and will try it out with high brass 00buck to how much of the perceived 65% reduced recoil is still there.

works with a rocking cam lever attached to a high tention spring.

wont be able to try it out until monday or tuesday with my work schedule.

anybody else have one of these?

Yep, but I removed it in favor of my old fixed stock - I just didnt like the way the 20" barrel on my 590 handled without a stock. The recoil reduction definitely works as advertised, though. I was easily shooting 1oz Super X slugs out my my 590 one handed. Had to do it with the mag tube nearly empty, or the muzzle was just too damn heavy to keep it steady. Lots of muzzle rise, but almost no felt recoil in my hand and wrist.

cowboywannabe
12-02-2011, 20:25
im counting on the recoil reduction because low recoil buckshot is not easily found on the shelf around my area.

my gun is 18.5" maverick 88, very light weight for a shotgun.

Mr. Blandings
12-03-2011, 16:31
cowboywannabe,

What is your intended use for the pistol grip (PG) only Maverick?

cowboywannabe
12-03-2011, 16:59
cowboywannabe,

What is your intended use for the pistol grip (PG) only Maverick?

close quarter defense.

uzimon
12-03-2011, 17:03
I had the knoxx copstock
Same system I believe
Made hip shooting buck nice out of a sbs870:cool:

WoodenPlank
12-03-2011, 20:46
close quarter defense.

I think you will find that pistol-grip only isn't ideal for CQ defense work. They are much harder to aim effectively, and are often awkward to use. You'd be better served with the full stock version that has the same recoil reduction mechanism.

cowboywannabe
12-03-2011, 20:56
I think you will find that pistol-grip only isn't ideal for CQ defense work. They are much harder to aim effectively, and are often awkward to use. You'd be better served with the full stock version that has the same recoil reduction mechanism.

that increases the size of the gun, not good for me. they are no more awkward to use for me, its still a pump gun. close quarter inside a house is different than close range in a parking lot.

WoodenPlank
12-03-2011, 20:57
that increases the size of the gun, not good for me. they are no more awkward to use for me, its still a pump gun. close quarter inside a house is different than close range in a parking lot.

It took me about 4 weeks and two range trips to decide the breachersgrip wasn't for me. If it works for you, then go for it, but I personally feel a PG-only system has no place on a HD shotgun, unless it's something the size of a Serbu.

mixflip
12-04-2011, 00:21
It looks cool but I have never heard good real world reviews of a breecher grip from regular guys. Breecher grips should probably stay with professional breecher type guys. Breecher shotguns are not the same as CQB shotguns.

CQB shotguns (in my opinion) should have a shoulder stock for proper aiming and accuracy. Yes shotgun still need to be accurate even at close range even though Hollywood says other wise lol.

cowboywannabe
12-04-2011, 06:29
It looks cool but I have never heard good real world reviews of a breecher grip from regular guys. Breecher grips should probably stay with professional breecher type guys. Breecher shotguns are not the same as CQB shotguns.

CQB shotguns (in my opinion) should have a shoulder stock for proper aiming and accuracy. Yes shotgun still need to be accurate even at close range even though Hollywood says other wise lol.

i agree with the accuracy part. lights and lasers aid with that aspect since its often used as a point shooting weapon. of course if you can point shoot this wont matter.

id keep a shoulder stock if i could afford the cost and hassle of a 14" bbl gun.