Nypd cop fighting for his life and partner freezes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nypd cop fighting for his life and partner freezes

fla2760
12-02-2011, 17:52
I saw this over at THEE RANT. :steamed: It will piss you off, thank God for the backup that tuned the perp up the old school way.

http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/46208/Who-is-this-Cvnty-cop-who-almost-got-her-partner-killed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2e0EKIgUj5c

here is the direct link, notice that the tittle was changed by the cop haters. It used to read Cop beat up.

acpd541
12-02-2011, 18:48
That is unbelievable. That chick needs to be put somewhere safe away from the public and away from other officers at the minimum. Hopefully she is still on probation and they just can her.

Patchman
12-02-2011, 18:50
Excuse me while I puke...

Trigger Finger
12-02-2011, 18:52
After the suspect was subdued I would hit my POS partner with a blast of pepper spray. Everyone in the division would know what a POS she is!!!

series1811
12-02-2011, 18:52
I want hold that against anyone, who thought they could hack it and just didn't know, who immediately quits after it happens. What I can't stomach are those who stay on the job after that kind of thing happens.

Newcop761
12-02-2011, 19:03
She should resign or be fired for cowardice.

beatcop
12-02-2011, 19:13
She prob isn't a coward, just incompetent. She failed to use a single technique or escalate her force appropriately.

AngryBassets
12-02-2011, 19:16
Thee Rant guys have some wonderful comments regarding this. http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn192/TacticalFats/Forum/clapping.gif

rudeboy3
12-02-2011, 19:21
Ill refrain from saying anything about the partner because i'm sure you guys got it:whistling: but I will comment on the absolute moronic crowd. Not one good Samaritan in the crowd and the *real* officers arrived to help I think I heard something to the effect of "you can't hit him like that":faint:wtf is wrong with people?

rookie1
12-02-2011, 19:35
Almost better if she wasn't there, was in the way a little bit. Looks like she called for help and thats about it. We have a female that stayed in the car when another officer was wrestling with someone. She thought he had it under control, which he did in a few seconds but really. I'm the first one to dive in when opportunity arises.

To comment on the previous post. We had a Sgt. about a week and a half ago getting choked out by someone to the point he was unconscious and the guy hit the Sgt's head on the concrete a few times. A few people walked by and a female threatened to call 911 while the Sgt. gasped for air telling her to do so. She called her boyfriend who showed up in a car and parked in front of the Sgt's car with the brake lights on never getting out. She then called 911 after 2 minutes elapsed. Guy was taken into custody a few days ago and charged with attempted murder. I watched the dash cam video at the end of my shift 0700 and could see the 4 or so people walk buy and some nut sack pull out his cell phone to video it. I was furious and could not sleep for a few hours when I got home wondering what the hell is wrong with people. Heres a opportunity to possibly save a life and tune a guy up for free and they keep walking.

Newcop761
12-02-2011, 19:50
Is De-Tac at the NYPD academy a gut check? I expect it would be but I've heard of academies that don't teach ground fighting because people get hurt. I've heard about an academy that dropped boxing after a fatality.

Maybe cowardice is overly harsh. Is it possible that she made it through without a gut-check? And is she worth re-training?

Also, I've worked with a couple people that ran away from the fight. :steamed:

Dukeboy01
12-02-2011, 20:06
Ill refrain from saying anything about the partner because i'm sure you guys got it:whistling:

You mean that there's yet another female police officer wandering around who's less than useless in a physical confrontation?

Because that's what I saw on the tape. It looks to me that she's trying to intervene, so I'm not willing to charge her with cowardice. She, like most women, is simply physically incapable of getting the job done using empty hand control.

I'd go with incompetence since she seems incapable of realizing that her puny attempts at empty hand control weren't going to work and she didn't move to an intermediate weapon.

Yeah, yeah, it ain't fair to say it and we all know at least one female cop who can punch above her weight class and that we'd all be happy to have with us in a fight. In my experience for every one female officer who is capable of holding her own in a fight there are four who simply can't. It's not a question of whether or not they know how to perform the defensive tactics techniques. They simply don't have the strength to do it.

I, frankly, would rather be by myself than have one of the four with me. It makes it easier to justify moving up the force continum in order to get the job done.

:outtahere:

Ajon412
12-02-2011, 20:38
She should resign or be fired for cowardice.

I didn't realize I had high blood pressure, until now....:steamed:.

PinkoCommie
12-02-2011, 20:38
I won't get into the male/female officer discussion. I don't know if she is useless because she is female. I do know she is useless, though. I've been in fights with awesome cops, both male and female, and I've been in fights with useless t***s, both male and female.

This isn't even a training issue. You don't need ****ing training to kick the ******* who is trying to kill your partner in the head. Several times. And then start elbowing him in the neck. DO SOMETHING. You have a belt with all kinds of tools. You have arms, legs, boots, fists. Jesus ****ing Christ, just DO SOMETHING NOW!

OK... I need a breather. Watching the video was physically stressful. It makes you want to jump in and do something, because watching the "officer" doing nothing is painful. I hope they stuffed that "officer" in the nearest trash can.

janice6
12-02-2011, 21:04
I would not be able to stand there and watch. Although I might be charged with intervening, I'd have to help somehow.

rudeboy3
12-02-2011, 21:12
I would not be able to stand there and watch. Although I might be charged with intervening, I'd have to help somehow.

You wouldn't be charged with anything. Hell some places you would be given a medal. Is this the thought around the country? Maybe thats why people stand around and watch.

razdog76
12-02-2011, 21:17
I won't get into the male/female officer discussion. I don't know if she is useless because she is female. I do know she is useless, though. I've been in fights with awesome cops, both male and female, and I've been in fights with useless t***s, both male and female.

This isn't even a training issue. You don't need ****ing training to kick the ******* who is trying to kill your partner in the head. Several times. And then start elbowing him in the neck. DO SOMETHING. You have a belt with all kinds of tools. You have arms, legs, boots, fists. Jesus ****ing Christ, just DO SOMETHING NOW!

OK... I need a breather. Watching the video was physically stressful. It makes you want to jump in and do something, because watching the "officer" doing nothing is painful. I hope they stuffed that "officer" in the nearest trash can.

I concur, The Rant seemed to make a lot of it about what sex she is, when it comes down to the basics of what it takes to be a Peace Officer, and that is the ability to do something.

At least in the end when he partner was able to get the upper hand, and drag him by an arm he was able to knock her over.

Agent6-3/8
12-02-2011, 21:27

No kidding! No excuse for that level of incompetence.

Kudos to the responding officer that got things under control. He blew that MF'er up with some good strikes and gets extra points of knocking the useless "partner" down in the process.

seanmac45
12-02-2011, 21:32
She needs to be punched square in the snot locker and thrown off the ****ing job.

END of discussion.

blueiron
12-02-2011, 21:56
I have worked with that type of officer before and some had external genitalia and some had the interior versions.

It was well known in my department who they were and if they were assigned to my shift and AO, I specifically made it known to them that if they didn't make what I considered an honest effort in a fight that I was in with a badguy, I'd tune up their ___ with a baseball bat afterwards in the station parking lot.

The only way for a street cop to stop cowardly officers is to confront them directly and make them more terrified of you than they are of the suspects. If they don't like it, they can go into DARE.

janice6
12-02-2011, 21:56
You wouldn't be charged with anything. Hell some places you would be given a medal. Is this the thought around the country? Maybe thats why people stand around and watch.

Many people are afraid of doing anything. Just afraid.

The rest are rooting for the wrong side.

blueiron
12-02-2011, 22:00

The rest are rooting for the wrong side.

Save an officer's life in a fight and I'll buy you dinner at where ever you like.

Sharkey
12-02-2011, 22:20
Wow, that was difficult to watch. It's definitely not just a gender problem. I've seen male and female who would behave the same way.

Kudos to the back up who took care of business. 2 quick strikes to the balls, grab his hair and force his face into the concrete and she would have been a hero. :whistling:

The crowd was pathetic but I'm guessing it was somewhere not so nice in NY. I notice the 2 Puerto Rican chicks didn't seem too concerned.

fla2760
12-02-2011, 23:16
Wow, that was difficult to watch. It's definitely not just a gender problem. I've seen male and female who would behave the same way.

Kudos to the back up who took care of business. 2 quick strikes to the balls, grab his hair and force his face into the concrete and she would have been a hero. :whistling:

The crowd was pathetic but I'm guessing it was somewhere not so nice in NY. I notice the 2 Puerto Rican chicks didn't seem too concerned.

Harlem, real s--t hole.

packsaddle
12-02-2011, 23:34
man, if there ever was a valid opportunity to really thump a bad guy, that was certainly it......silver platter style.

larry_minn
12-03-2011, 00:02
There was a officer in my area that was "known" to have "radio trouble" if assistance was needed. He would always arrive just AFTER the excitement.

CAcop
12-03-2011, 00:06
I don't think she froze. I think she sucked.

IndyGunFreak
12-03-2011, 00:29
For some reason, I'm picturing a NYPD press release saying the Officer that got in there and got the job done, is being investigated for brutality. Kudos to him.

That chick.. she either needs to be running errands for the administration, or fired. She made a couple of attempts at some blows to the head/side, but.. she was not in that fight at all

By the way, did anyone catch the other useless chick in that video? When the cop that tuned the guy up good initially got him off the other officer, a 2nd female officer comes in, and she simply steps on the perps foot... I'm not trying to sound sexist.. but.. geez.

IGF

The Fist Of Goodness
12-03-2011, 00:42
Thee Rant guys have some wonderful comments regarding this. http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn192/TacticalFats/Forum/clapping.gif

Some of the comments on that site are pure poetry. Some of the funniest guys I know are NYPD.

MB-G26
12-03-2011, 01:39

No doubt..... but jeez, somebody tell me I'm an untrained armchair commando or something PLEASE 'caz watching that all I wanted to do was hit the SOB on top in the head w/'my' radio or whatever she was at one point holding, while breaking his side ribs with the elbow of my other arm followed by grabbing his balls for dear life with that arm's hand and drag him down, sideways, off, ANYthing with his crotch in my hand.

Ok, I'm untrained, not a LEO, and wouldn't know hand-to-hand combat if it made me an omelet - but jeez........ just watching all I could think was "NOW! then THERE! NOW! Then THERE and WRENCH ...." Just instinctively from what I was seeing.......

That was unfathomable........ jeez. Just.......... jeez. :wow:

MarcDW
12-03-2011, 03:56
My EX Chief would love her! :steamed:

series1811
12-03-2011, 04:38
She is just not in the right job. That's not a training issue. This is a who she is issue. There is some place some where she can contribute, I imagine. But, law enforcement is not that place.

msu_grad_121
12-03-2011, 05:33
She is just not in the right job. That's not a training issue. This is a who she is issue. There is some place some where she can contribute, I imagine. But, law enforcement is not that place.

Well said. I used to work with a guy like that, who stood by and vapor locked as his female partner was punched square in the jaw by a guy bigger than her, but smaller than him. Granted, I wasn't there, but I saw the video, and when he came to me to ask why no one respected him, I didn't BS him. "You've got a stink on you, and that's not coming off easy, or for some, it won't come off at all. You've got a hard decision to make, step the **** up and do the job in a manner befitting a second chance, or get the **** out now so we can fill your spot with someone with a spine. Let us know what you decide."

Last I heard he was working in some machine shop. Nice guy, real funny, but he just doesn't have it where it counts, for this job at least.

CanIhaveGasCash
12-03-2011, 06:40
I like how she didn't bother to draw an intermediate weapon until the real cop stepped in to help her partner. What a useless tool. She also appears to half heartedly remove the perps hand from her partner by using her foot in a rather delicate manner.

This is unacceptable behavior. She should be permanently riding the desk.

Misty02
12-03-2011, 07:13

Why not? There are physical differences between males and females beside the obvious, physical strength are among them. Arenít they also issued those hard batons that can break a skull? Being a female, I would never go hand to hand with a male so Iíll use whatever is at my disposal to win, what you use to do so is irrelevant (until after).

The worst thing a person can possibly do (officer or not) is to overestimate their capabilities (in her case throwing some weak punches). Someone is going to punch, knowing my weaknesses Iíll resort to the baton while he was on top (or the heel of my shoe against his head while he was at the bottom) from the get go to stop it.

It seems she was trying, she just had no clue what her weaknesses and strengths were.

steveksux
12-03-2011, 07:46
I'm not going into the male/female thing either. For the simple fact that there is always going to be a perp that's bigger and stronger than you are. Females are just going to be in that category more often than not, and everyone needs to realize that and act accordingly. Whether that means switching weapons or occupations varies among individuals. That's what less than lethal weapons are provided for. The cojones to use them are not issued and must be supplied by the end user.

Randy

Patchman
12-03-2011, 08:26
What PinkoCommie and Randy said.

Regardless of whether you're a male LEO or a female LEO, getting into a fist-a-cuff can get you hurt. Maybe hurt real bad. No guarantee at all you're coming out the winner. But the LEO still has to jump in and give it his/her all. What's that adage? It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

And it's not a boy dog or girl dog thing. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

If she chose to use her feet, she needed to kick for all she's worth. If she chose to use her baton, she needed to swing it for all she's worth. There's no half measures. This is not a schoolyard game of tag, where it's "TAG, you're it" and the game starts over again. She just endangered the safety of every NYPD cop out there.

What that cop did should be included in a training video!

Dragoon44
12-03-2011, 10:39
Dang how come nothing like that ever happens when I am around? it's been a long time since I thumped some dirtbags ass.

Dragoon44
12-03-2011, 10:41

Absolutely, The problem i these types wont usually leave. instead they make complaints about other officers using "excessive force" to cover up their own cowardice.

Bren
12-03-2011, 10:43
I was once sitting in the station of my very, very small town police department (as in 1-2 guys on duty at a time) when a woman ran in with her 6'6" husband behind her wanting to kill her (honestly, I think he may have been bigger than that - like basketball player tall and muscles). There was one other guy in the station who was an off-duty cop from a bigger department. I fought the guy all over the office, got slammed through a sheetrock wall and finally got him on the ground and hit him in the face with my P226 a few times, while the other guy stood and watched and did far less than that female officer. It was the hardest fight I ever had, against possibly the strongest guy I've ever fought and it lasted a while - I finally got the other guy to move when I got the bad guy subdued and yelled at him to give me some handcuffs. He stayed in law enforcement and was a state trooper, last time I heard.:upeyes:

That woman would be a credit to him.

merlynusn
12-03-2011, 10:45
I agree this isn't a male/female issue. It's an issue of the cop's abilities to do this job. She shouldn't be riding a desk. She shouldn't be a cop. I wouldn't say cowardice either because she "tried" to do something. I think it's more incompetence. Not knowing what to do, afraid of what to do.

wprebeck
12-03-2011, 10:52
I was once sitting in the station of my very, very small town police department (as in 1-2 guys on duty at a time) when a woman ran in with her 6'6" husband behind her wanting to kill her (honestly, I think he may have been bigger than that - like basketball player tall and muscles). There was one other guy in the station who was an off-duty cop from a bigger department. I fought the guy all over the office, got slammed through a sheetrock wall and finally got him on the ground and hit him in the face with my P226 a few times, while the other guy stood and watched and did far less than that female officer. It was the hardest fight I ever had, against possibly the strongest guy I've ever fought and it lasted a while - I finally got the other guy to move when I got the bad guy subdued and yelled at him to give me some handcuffs. He stayed in law enforcement and was a state trooper, last time I heard.:upeyes:

That woman would be a credit to him.

No ****ing way! I've yet to meet a ***** trooper.

We've had a couple of folks getbthe boot for cowardice. **** them. I ain't a big badass guy, and plenty of folks can likely whip my butt. I guarantee one thing, and have said as much to some - you'll be in the hospital next to me, even if I go ala Mike Tyson, and bite some body parts.

deadcalm4u
12-03-2011, 11:34
Almost better if she wasn't there, was in the way a little bit. Looks like she called for help and thats about it. We have a female that stayed in the car when another officer was wrestling with someone. She thought he had it under control, which he did in a few seconds but really. I'm the first one to dive in when opportunity arises.

To comment on the previous post. We had a Sgt. about a week and a half ago getting choked out by someone to the point he was unconscious and the guy hit the Sgt's head on the concrete a few times. A few people walked by and a female threatened to call 911 while the Sgt. gasped for air telling her to do so. She called her boyfriend who showed up in a car and parked in front of the Sgt's car with the brake lights on never getting out. She then called 911 after 2 minutes elapsed. Guy was taken into custody a few days ago and charged with attempted murder. I watched the dash cam video at the end of my shift 0700 and could see the 4 or so people walk buy and some nut sack pull out his cell phone to video it. I was furious and could not sleep for a few hours when I got home wondering what the hell is wrong with people. Heres a opportunity to possibly save a life and tune a guy up for free and they keep walking.

I am a normal guy and if i see a cop in need.... I am there. sh** like this pisses me the hell off:steamed:

OLY-M4gery
12-03-2011, 13:42
I don't see cowardice.

She simply was effective at what she was doing.

That other cop didn't end up under the suspect because he was that effective either.

The 3rd officer, was effective, and wasn't going to lose.

Tilley
12-03-2011, 14:09
I admit to having bias against females on the job (shame on me).

That being said, I know and work with some worthless males as well.

This video is a nightmare I have had before:

A feeling of helplessness in a fight (it's usually a gunfight), and a partner who refuses to get into the fight. And usually my bullets are hitting the suspect in the chest, but he's not dropping. I keep thinking that I may die, but my last bullet is for my worthless partner.

It seemed like in this video the cop on the ground was lucky the ********* BG didn't get the cops gun out...

Thank goodness for cops who can't fight and badguys who are too stupid to figure out a level-three holster (I can't figure them out either, that's why I carry a Serpa...).

PinkoCommie
12-03-2011, 14:10
Why not? [bunch of stuff not relevant to topic at hand deleted] Because I don't know if she would have used the fact that she is a woman as an excuse. It is not important to the discussion why she failed. It is important that she did not even try.

The worst thing a person can possibly do (officer or not) is to overestimate their capabilities (in her case throwing some weak punches). Someone is going to punch, knowing my weaknesses Iíll resort to the baton while he was on top (or the heel of my shoe against his head while he was at the bottom) from the get go to stop it. No. The worst a cop can do is flail while a fellow cop is in need of help. She wasn't even trying. I work with an officer who is 5'2" and about 115lbs. She would have destroyed this *******. About a year ago, when she had maybe six months of experience, she chased a suspect on foot. The suspect had just beaten up two male victims because of their race (suspect was white, victims were two African immigrants). She caught up to him, he squared up on her. She had him on the ground, in cuffs, with his face in a sorry state before any cover got to her. She's a cop. I want her with me in a fight, but chances are she will be there before me, because she is fast, and she has a lot of fight in her.

It seems she was trying, she just had no clue what her weaknesses and strengths were.
. No. She was not trying. She can find herself and discover her strengths and weaknesses on her own time. When a cop is in a fight for his life, she should be at the very least kicking the suspect in the head, using a vascular restraint (choke hold, if you will, although that's not a correct term), punching him in a nerve motor point (brachial plexus origin would be a good start, since it seems to be exposed at times), and generally trying to make herself useful.

Misty02
12-03-2011, 14:27
Because I don't know if she would have used the fact that she is a woman as an excuse. It is not important to the discussion why she failed. It is important that she did not even try.

No. The worst a cop can do is flail while a fellow cop is in need of help. She wasn't even trying. I work with an officer who is 5'2" and about 115lbs. She would have destroyed this *******. About a year ago, when she had maybe six months of experience, she chased a suspect on foot. The suspect had just beaten up two male victims because of their race (suspect was white, victims were two African immigrants). She caught up to him, he squared up on her. She had him on the ground, in cuffs, with his face in a sorry state before any cover got to her. She's a cop. I want her with me in a fight, but chances are she will be there before me, because she is fast, and she has a lot of fight in her.

No. She was not trying. She can find herself and discover her strengths and weaknesses on her own time. When a cop is in a fight for his life, she should be at the very least kicking the suspect in the head, using a vascular restraint (choke hold, if you will, although that's not a correct term), punching him in a nerve motor point (brachial plexus origin would be a good start, since it seems to be exposed at times), and generally trying to make herself useful.

I agree with your comments and I expressed my thoughts poorly. That 5í2Ē officer you mention represents the thought I was attempting to express. She has maximized her effectiveness and worked around what could have been her disadvantage.

Mrs. Cochese
12-03-2011, 15:03
Since what I actually want to say will most likely get me kicked off this forum...I will just say this....

If you are a coward....don't get into this profession!!!! You will end up killing someone or yourself. How the hell did she make it through FTO?????

She should have been breaking some bones....straight stick old school style!!!!

Turn in your badge and gun and go home.....I've seen civies come and help officers that have more fight in them than you.
:steamed:

Mrs. Cochese
12-03-2011, 15:06
Absolutely, The problem i these types wont usually leave. instead they make complaints about other officers using "excessive force" to cover up their own cowardice.

You are absolutely right!!!!!!!!

4949shooter
12-03-2011, 16:14
About the ONLY thing that female cop did right was call for backup, though she could have done that sooner if she wasn't going to lend a hand.

I hope that piece of garbage perp rots in hell, with the rest of his gene pool.

Sadly folks, this is the new wave of police work. They are hiring more "kinder and gentler" recruits these days and less brutes.

Kudos to the backup officer who took care of business.

fla2760
12-03-2011, 16:14
I was an NYPD police officer a long time ago retiring in 1988. We had the cocobolas and the jacks and the heavy flashlights,we sometimes used the choke hold. I also preferred to wear steel toed boots on patrol.
All very effective but there were some who would not step up like we saw in the video, this is nothing new and the few I encountered were men. My attitude was and still is as is those of my brethren posting here I AM NOT LETTING ANY MOF..KER KILL ME OR MY PARTNER! That is something that comes from within, training and experience cultivate it. That said it seems that the reluctance or delay in using appropriate force today may be partly explained by fear of getting jammed up by the job. What if this mutt had succeeded in getting that cop's weapon? He would have shot him then shot the female PO in the face and if he could not get away in time would have been firing on the backup units. Scary, but a very real possibility. We HAVE to win.

Bren
12-03-2011, 17:09
No ****ing way! I've yet to meet a ***** trooper.

We've had a couple of folks getbthe boot for cowardice. **** them. I ain't a big badass guy, and plenty of folks can likely whip my butt. I guarantee one thing, and have said as much to some - you'll be in the hospital next to me, even if I go ala Mike Tyson, and bite some body parts.

Yep, I have a current trooper, a retired trooper and a former trooper in my family and they're the last ones you think would be chicken&***. I thought that guy was OK before the fight and I have never heard another bad thing about him since then (haven't hear much at all about him since then). Maybe he just freaked out somehow, but I have never seen anybody freeze like that. I've had civilians given me a LOT more help.

Patchman
12-03-2011, 17:18
We HAVE to win.

LE. Being tested every day, brother. BEING TESTED EVERY DAY!

COLOSHOOTR
12-03-2011, 18:00
Atleast she didn't run off and hide behind a tree (I'm not talking using cover I'm talking ran like 100yds to hide) while a suspect was chasing her parner with a knife.... Seriously, one of ours really did that!

SFF900
12-03-2011, 18:46
You either have it or you don't, she does not, she should have just called for backup (like she did) and walked to the nearest newspaper machine for the help wanted ads. That said you shouldn't distrust or trust any officer based on gender, just experience.

"If you've made up your mind to impale someone, do it with conviction." - Rowena Cherry

JC2317
12-03-2011, 18:54

Exactly. And based on my experience in the same department as this sad video, supervisors and others officers in her command will (hopefully) try and make her work life miserable, and guess who the job will come after? Thats right not the coward who did nothing but the cops that are messing with her. Trust me thats what will happen. But the other posters here are right she will have a cushy Mon-Fri gig off the street until she retires. Cowardice is often rewarded in the NYPD.
On the other hand I had the pleasure of working with a female partner for a few years who would have crushed this skell fighting with the cop and then she would have went after the female cop and kicked her butt. She was fearless.

captcurly
12-03-2011, 19:00
I watched this twice and still cannot believe it. The female officer should not be on the job. For the sake of all NYPD officers this person should be fired.:steamed:

Mayhem like Me
12-03-2011, 19:29
WTF was that meter maid doing with pepper spray...

razdog76
12-03-2011, 20:06
WTF was that meter maid doing with pepper spray...

Not using it?

A6Gator
12-03-2011, 21:14
She's a cop. I want her with me in a fight, but chances are she will be there before me, because she is fast, and she has a lot of fight in her.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight...

beatcop
12-03-2011, 21:31
Failed to respond as trained.

Guy should have been pummelled with fists, knees, elbows....and then a metal shower.

steveksux
12-04-2011, 08:41
WTF was that meter maid doing with pepper spray...Saving it for her chili recipe.

Randy

x_out86
12-04-2011, 08:57
Wow. Reminds me of some of the people in the academy that you always hoped were not your partner in any scenario. The kind of people that made you shudder when you thought of them working in any aspect of Law Enforcement.

She obviously is not a warrior, and was more worried about her portable than helping her partner. Thank god this wasnt a deadly force situation for her or else we would probably have lost another LEO.

I do have to make two observations though....I puked a little in my mouth when the ghetto queen asks "why are you hitting him like that". Uh...duh! Maybe because he is committing a felony battery against a cop?!?

And the backup officer LAID IT DOWN! The punches were nice, but I had to smile when he drags him off the other officer, into the street, and then bounces his head off the cement. There still is a little street justice in the world today.

Detectorist
12-04-2011, 11:21
My ex wife would have killed the perp.

I carry a variety of 'tools' in my van just for those types of emergencies.

10 to 1 the female Officer will be transferred to a sex crimes unit.

lloydchristmas
12-04-2011, 15:01
Ridiculous.

Back when I was in the academy, we had almost the same EXACT scenario unfold in a defense an arrest tactics class. Role playing scenario, all actors in "Redman" protective gear. One bad guy, one male cop, one female cop, 2 bystanders. Scenario unfolds. Bad guy attacks male cop, they go to blows, wind up rolling around on the ground. Bad guy achieves full mount. Starts to ground and pound male cop.

This is where you expect female cop to jump in, yes?

Oh no. She was making sure the bystanders "Stay back!" so that they didnt jump in as well.

Bad guy continues to pound male cop. Male cop fighting back, but obviously losing. Bad guy eventually drops his hands, and looks to instructor for direction. Instructor motions to bad guy to continue, so he does. Bad guy continues to win.

Female "cop" continued to let him.

"Stay back!!" (bystanders were doing just that. Standing by. Not aggressive)

Instructor finally has to end scenario. Do you think he upbraided her for being useless? Oh no, not with the touchy-feely PC system/society we have now.

FWIW, this is the same female "cop" that cried in the hall the day of our impending OC exposure, until she did not have to fully participate in that, either.

She graduated.

The day of my graduation from the academy, I really wanted to be proud of my achievement, but I saw that she was recieving a certificate as well, (along with a couple others whom did not deserve one) and it sort of took the luster out of the day.

If someone like this were to be hired at my department, I would quit. I want to go home at the end of my shift.

I apologize about the long rant. Apparently this still pisses me off.

RottnJP
12-04-2011, 21:10
Holy crap.. I just about fell out of my chair when I saw her pull out her ASP *at the very end* She does what? Like, poke the dude once he's fully tenderized, and she had it on her waste- er, "waist" the whole GD time?? OMFG...

...Some of those comments on the linked page are awesome, though.

Dragoon44
12-04-2011, 22:56
After watching the video it appears the officer fighting was stuck in "arrest/control" mode instead of going into "kick their ass now mode".

He is lucky the other officer arrived. Half measures will get you hurt, if the other officer had not arrived to intervene it is very possible this incident would have ended with another officer killed with his own gun type incident.

Your down on the ground rolling with a guy it's past time to stop trying to get them under control and time to start putting the hurt on the guy if you want to live.

PuroMexicano
12-05-2011, 11:18
I will refrain from comments again that turd dressed in blue that failed to help a COP in distress.

I WILL COMMENT ON HOW THE BACKUP COP ARRIVED, DRAGGED, KICKED THE POS' ASS AND SLAMMED HIS HEAD INTO THE PAVEMENT. BRAVO!

RottnJP
12-05-2011, 12:40
After watching the video it appears the officer fighting was stuck in "arrest/control" mode instead of going into "kick their ass now mode".

He is lucky the other officer arrived. Half measures will get you hurt, if the other officer had not arrived to intervene it is very possible this incident would have ended with another officer killed with his own gun type incident.

Your down on the ground rolling with a guy it's past time to stop trying to get them under control and time to start putting the hurt on the guy if you want to live.

I think you get the nail on the head here. At some point you have to be prepared to act violently, let out that inner "critter" and do some damage... She obviously was not.

Dragoon44
12-05-2011, 13:59
I WILL COMMENT ON HOW THE BACKUP COP ARRIVED, DRAGGED, KICKED THE POS' ASS AND SLAMMED HIS HEAD INTO THE PAVEMENT. BRAVO!

Yeah that was sweet, now there is a cop who knows how to take care of business.

I think you get the nail on the head here. At some point you have to be prepared to act violently, let out that inner "critter" and do some damage... She obviously was not.

As Grossman points out in some of his books both Soldiers and LE need to have a "Capacity for violence" that is kept under control but unleashed when necessary.

series1811
12-05-2011, 16:07

Yep, sad, but true. Ten years from now, she'll be an assistant chief somewhere.

series1811
12-05-2011, 16:16
Yeah that was sweet, now there is a cop who knows how to take care of business.

There was a great Cops episode that I wish I had a copy of. A Sargent is riding along talking to the camera, the usual stuff, "I always wanted to be a cop, etc. etc. But, the most important thing is ...." when he stops and sees this perp squared off against four officers who have surrounded him on a sidewalk. Sarge jumps out of the car runs up and says, "Is this man under arrest?"
One of the other officers nods, and Sarge just slams the perp down on the sidewalk, and pretzels him up until they get the cuffs on. Then he gets up, gets back in the car, puts it in drive, and finishes the sentence he was starting on when he jumped out. "... is the chance to help people." :supergrin:

I wanted that tape to show to new guys so bad I never quit trying to find a copy of it.

actionshooter10
12-05-2011, 17:04
Video won't play. Is there another link?

fla2760
12-05-2011, 18:49
Video won't play. Is there another link?

Try it now.

nikerret
12-05-2011, 20:37
There was a great Cops episode that I wish I had a copy of. A Sargent is riding along talking to the camera, the usual stuff, "I always wanted to be a cop, etc. etc. But, the most important thing is ...." when he stops and sees this perp squared off against four officers who have surrounded him on a sidewalk. Sarge jumps out of the car runs up and says, "Is this man under arrest?"
One of the other officers nods, and Sarge just slams the perp down on the sidewalk, and pretzels him up until they get the cuffs on. Then he gets up, gets back in the car, puts it in drive, and finishes the sentence he was starting on when he jumped out. "... is the chance to help people." :supergrin:

I wanted that tape to show to new guys so bad I never quit trying to find a copy of it.

I want to see that.

DVeng
12-05-2011, 21:07

Any idea when or where? I have an archive of old cops episodes and I could try to find it.

mntrpr
12-05-2011, 21:11

Was that the Las Vegas Sgt?....maybe not.... this is the one I was thinking of.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50QLptkykM

series1811
12-06-2011, 07:53
Was that the Las Vegas Sgt?....maybe not.... this is the one I was thinking of.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50QLptkykM

No, that's a good one but it's not it. This one is a white guy in his late 20's early 30's, pretty short hair, reddish blond, medium height, medium build, he's a one man unit, the camera is in the front seat with him. The subject is a black male, deranged or drunk, there are two officers on either side of him with a building for a backdrop, and he pulls up and stops, and the camera films it all from the front seat as it happens on the driver's side of the vehicle and he just shoots through the open car door (it happens so fast the cameraman couldn't have got out of the car in time, anyway).

It was later, after they quit just filming in Broward, but I just can't remember the department.

But, I used to remember that clip every time I would come up on a scene, mainly in Baltimore where we did a lot of street ops, and something like that was going on. :supergrin:

buddah
12-06-2011, 08:31
The incompetent b---h WILL NOT lose her job. IN this day and age of political corectness she will be promoted to community Policing unit and given weekends off or get a nice cushy desk job driving some boss around. It's called up and out. Promoted up so she is out of street patrol. That video made my blood boil. However, lets not single the cop out b/c of her gender. I have been in fights where male officer ran away.

Dragoon44
12-06-2011, 12:25
Having backup is great I had many that I had no qualms about backing me up and others I didn't want even around if the situation got hairy. Either way I decided early on in my career to act like it was just me regardless of back up or not. That way if they helped out great, if they didn't I was not depending on them anyway.

That is why my standard procedure was they want to go quietly without an issue that is how they were treated. But at the first sign of resistance they got blitzed. it worked well enough that I was rarely ever out on workman's comp while those that dicked around with half measures when suspects offered resistance were getting themselves hurt on a regular basis.

series1811
12-06-2011, 13:57
Having backup is great I had many that I had no qualms about backing me up and others I didn't want even around if the situation got hairy. Either way I decided early on in my career to act like it was just me regardless of back up or not. That way if they helped out great, if they didn't I was not depending on them anyway.

That is why my standard procedure was they want to go quietly without an issue that is how they were treated. But at the first sign of resistance they got blitzed. it worked well enough that I was rarely ever out on workman's comp while those that dicked around with half measures when suspects offered resistance were getting themselves hurt on a regular basis.

Anything less than total compliance, is not compliance. :supergrin:

seanmac45
12-06-2011, 14:13
Everyone gets ONE chance to go into the bracelets like a lady or gentleman.

After that it's EL KABONG TIME!!!!!

Dragoon44
12-06-2011, 15:09
Anything less than total compliance, is not compliance. :supergrin:

Thank goodness you two dinosaurs are retired. Don't you know you are supposed to beg and plead with them now?

:rofl::rofl:

Patchman
12-06-2011, 15:48
That is why my standard procedure was they want to go quietly without an issue that is how they were treated. [W]hile those that dicked around with half measures when suspects offered resistance were getting themselves hurt on a regular basis.

Always good to be reminded that in LE, some practices are time proven.

Unfortunately, parts of society sometimes force LEOs to use controlled, explosively violent methods.

Cochese
12-07-2011, 14:39
I want to see that.

yes...

series1811
12-07-2011, 14:52
Thank goodness you two dinosaurs are retired. Don't you know you are supposed to beg and plead with them now?

:rofl::rofl:

I failed the sensitivity training update. :supergrin:

But, I got the feelings part. Afterwards, I always asked, "How do you feel, now?" :supergrin:

Dragoon44
12-07-2011, 15:24
I failed the sensitivity training update. :supergrin:

But, I got the feelings part. Afterwards, I always asked, "How do you feel, now?" :supergrin:

Being on Patrol i never had the time to wait around until they came to in order to ask them that.

:supergrin::wavey:

RocPO
12-07-2011, 17:56
I hope her locker is somewhere on the LIE by now.

bci21984
12-07-2011, 18:38
we had one over thanksgiving week that was toeing the line of "getting stupid" with us and for whatever reason he was ok talking to our female officer on scene, but not any of the 3 male officers that were there. he was vistiting family in town from florida where he plays semi-pro football. very athletic 6'1 200 solid muscle. im 6'3 350 and not too far from very athletic myself. she was standing between him and I when he figured out the bracelets were going to go on. he began to get more agitated. I leaned down and whispered to her "if he gets stupid, im gonna have to tackle both of you unless you step to your left." she looked over her shoulder at me and smiled and said, "lets go". we ended up on the ground and i think she was the one fighting the hardest..