Purse Holsters...Coronado or something else? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Purse Holsters...Coronado or something else?

emt1581
12-03-2011, 00:04
I tried this in Women's Issues and got zero replies so I'll try it here...

I bought my wife an American Hobo or whatever it was called about 10 years ago and it's held up until now. The stitching is starting to wear out and she wants a new one.

Is Coronado still the best company or is there another one or two worth looking at?

Additionally she may be going from a G19 to an LCP if that helps.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Breadman03
12-03-2011, 08:31
My wife has a Coronado. It seems very well constructed with a large locking zippered compartment.

Seraph
12-03-2011, 09:15
In my experience, the hardest part is finding a gun purse that the lady in question likes. I'm suggesting that you ought to order up the very same thing again, if Coronado still makes it.

emt1581
12-03-2011, 09:43
In my experience, the hardest part is finding a gun purse that the lady in question likes. I'm suggesting that you ought to order up the very same thing again, if Coronado still makes it.

That's just it, after 10 years she no longer likes it or any of the other styles they sell.

Thanks

-Emt1581

Emoore
12-03-2011, 21:05
There are a couple of reasons I don't carry in a purse, but one of the biggest reasons is the lack of selection in stylish gun purses.

This place: www.guntotenmamas.com seems to have the most stylish ones, but I have no idea what the quality is like. Never ended up buying one.

ComeAndGetThem
12-03-2011, 21:27
My wife has several Galco purses and really likes them. The Pandora in tan is her favorite. These are real quality and constructed out of high quality, holster grade leather. Definitely will NOT fall apart after 10 years.

Correction: The Del Holster Handbag is her favorite.

Emoore
12-07-2011, 17:15
My wife has several Galco purses and really likes them. The Pandora in tan is her favorite. These are real quality and constructed out of high quality, holster grade leather. Definitely will NOT fall apart after 10 years.

Correction: The Del Holster Handbag is her favorite.

That's a sharp-looking handbag, but I just can't see spending that kind of money on a purse.

TXMary
12-07-2011, 18:18
That's a sharp-looking handbag, but I just can't see spending that kind of money on a purse.

ouch! that is high--but I have seen Dooney's that are higher--noticed i said SEEN not have!! At least that one serves a purpose!

Turk
12-08-2011, 00:24
There are a couple of reasons I don't carry in a purse, but one of the biggest reasons is the lack of selection in stylish gun purses.

This place: www.guntotenmamas.com seems to have the most stylish ones, but I have no idea what the quality is like. Never ended up buying one.

We have purchased two from them, both ballistic nylon. They are great! Works for both genders.

TXMary
12-08-2011, 06:27
just an fyi--Cabela's has a sale this weekend on gun tote'n mamas bags for $49.99

Emoore
12-08-2011, 10:34
just an fyi--Cabela's has a sale this weekend on gun tote'n mamas bags for $49.99

In-store, online, or both?

Emoore
12-08-2011, 13:56
In-store, online, or both?

Went by Cabelas' today. The only one they had in stock was camo. Doesn't a camo concealed carry purse kind of defeat the purpose? I want something nice I can take to work or to a nice dinner, not yet another range bag.

TXMary
12-08-2011, 14:28
I don't know--I ws just looking at the ad that came in this morning's paper. The closest one to me is about 40 miles--I did drive down there last Thursday because they had 9mm ammo for 9.99 instead of 14.99 and "stocked up"

I will be going by there on Saturday and see what they have here.

I agree--cammo just won't go with my every day dress! i don't think cammo would go with anything I have!

Emoore
12-08-2011, 14:42
Your location says you're in North Texas. . . do you mind letting me know which NTex Cabela's you go to? I went by the Allen one today.

TXMary
12-08-2011, 15:12
That;s the one I was going to! guess you saved me a trip! I'm north of there (Sh)

TXMary
12-08-2011, 15:12
Looks like we are probably pretty close to each other

Emoore
12-08-2011, 17:02
That;s the one I was going to! guess you saved me a trip! I'm north of there (Sh)

They had this one: http://www.guntotenmamas.com/PDGImages/GTM_90C.jpg in red, tan, and camo for $90

and then they had this one:
http://www.guntotenmamas.com/PDGImages/GTM_99-Bis_main.jpg
in camo. I didn't see the price on it, but I'm assuming that was the fifty dollar one.

They have some good deals on their website, though. The smaller hobo is $64 with free shipping if you do in-store pickup.