Ankle / Leg Holster for G26 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ankle / Leg Holster for G26

TriggerHappy007
12-03-2011, 08:57
Any recommendations on an ankle/leg holster for a G26 for concealed carry?

Thanks.

LT642
12-03-2011, 09:08
I don't do ankle carry very often, but when I do I use the Galco Ankle Glove. The Ankle Glove seems to be popular, but I also hear great things about the Renegade ankle holsters.

halfmoonclip
12-03-2011, 09:27
I tried ankle carry with an Airweight J-frame some years ago, and gave it up for a bad idea. It's hard to keep the gun or tell-tale bulge totally covered when seated, and when seated is the only time that you have ready access to the gun.
Walking with the rig, it felt like a tire out of balance, and it always threw off my stride. Despite a lot of experimentation, I never found a comfortable way to use it.
Anxious to see what others have to say about using a G26 for this purpose; it's a surprisingly big gun when used in the ankle carry context.
Moon

cadillacguns
12-03-2011, 11:23
De Santis Apache (Trust me)

Bodyarmorguy
12-03-2011, 11:44
Galco Ankle Glove

Poor Knight
12-04-2011, 07:50
DeSantis Apache - daily carry.

coachrick
12-07-2011, 00:22
I tried ankle carry with an Airweight J-frame some years ago, and gave it up for a bad idea. It's hard to keep the gun or tell-tale bulge totally covered when seated, and when seated is the only time that you have ready access to the gun.
Walking with the rig, it felt like a tire out of balance, and it always threw off my stride. Despite a lot of experimentation, I never found a comfortable way to use it.
Anxious to see what others have to say about using a G26 for this purpose; it's a surprisingly big gun when used in the ankle carry context.
Moon

Makes my knee hurt just thinking about it! I 'might' try my Airweight, but I can't see my G26 disappearing under my pants leg.

Wwwildthing
12-07-2011, 01:33
Galco Ankle Lite

http://usgalco.com/Catalog/large/ANKLELIT.jpg

dru22
12-07-2011, 14:35
Galco Ankle Glove

+1...bought one here @ GT, don't wear too much, but works well and once you get used to something strapped to your leg you do forget its there. Only reason I don't like carrying on ankle is - its a long way to go if I need gun in hand fast. Definitely practice drawing! I also suggest the original mag plate - the pinky rest ones will stick out a bit.

Eta: I carry my 27 in mine!

Sent from my DROIDX

tuica
12-07-2011, 14:55
As someone once said; "If you reach for an ankle holster, you will probably either be shot in the head or the ass." But, good luck to you. Cheers

halfmoonclip
12-07-2011, 15:39
As someone once said; "If you reach for an ankle holster, you will probably either be shot in the head or the ass." But, good luck to you. Cheers

It is pretty damned difficult being discreet when you draw...:supergrin:
Moon