Need advice on aftermarket barrel for G20 2nd gen [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on aftermarket barrel for G20 2nd gen

stevus
12-03-2011, 11:15
Sent my recently acquired g20 back to Glock to get a refurb (at no charge other then shipping) and while Im waiting I started investigating aftermarket barrels for a number of reasons mainly accuracy and reliability . Im trying to decide between the Wolf and KVM also Wolf makes a 6 and also one that can take a compensator . Is the KVM a better barrel? Is it worth getting a 6in barrel? and does the compensator work well enough for the trouble/cost ? Any other suggestions/comments ?

Angry Fist
12-03-2011, 11:17
I have 3 LWD barrels. Lotsa folks here have them. Good price!

alwaysshootin
12-03-2011, 12:29
I'll second LW, nothing wrong with Storm Lake, just more pricey for the same benefits. All I can say is, I see at least 2, maybe 3 barrels in my future, and they will be Lone Wolfs, unless of course, someone runs a sale, and the barrels I'm looking for can be purchased cheaper. It's all about saving money, and shooting lead. Have a couple of Glocks that don't like the lead, and that's what I shoot. I have two other Glocks, that shoot the lead just fine.

stevus
12-03-2011, 17:06
Thanks guys . I cant decide between the stock size and the 6in (possibly with the compensator)Anyone tried the 6in barrel in a G20? how about the compensator ?Does it work good?

alwaysshootin
12-03-2011, 17:18
Thanks guys . I cant decide between the stock size and the 6in (possibly with the compensator)Anyone tried the 6in barrel in a G20? how about the compensator ?Does it work good?

With the 6" barrel, other than sticking out the front of a G20, it shoots superbly, in addition to adding velocity over shorter barrels. No experience with a comp, on any handgun, sorry.

arushus
12-03-2011, 18:03
Unless you have a longslide, I think a compensator on a six inch barrel would look pretty silly sticking waaayyy out there...

inspectorjj
12-03-2011, 18:18
For the best deal, quality vs. money, Lone Wolf has the market. I believe the only barrel that is better quality, is the Bar-Sto at twice the price of a Lone Wolf.

oceanbob
12-03-2011, 19:01

I run a 6 inch lonewolf barrel and it runs 100%. I don't use a compensator because it's too much weight to articulate and you have to change out the recoil spring. Really, the Glock platform doesn't need a compensator.

A longslide might benefit a compensator and give you slightly more speed. The longslide has a heavier slide and more mass to move back which makes it more reliable. (IMO)

Read this short gun test of a longslide with compensator.

http://www.gunblast.com/10mm.htm

Good luck.!

Bob