Glock Sport/Combat holster [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Sport/Combat holster

outwest
12-03-2011, 20:56
Are these holsters really ambidextrous? Any lefties here use/like them?

Glock Whisperer
12-03-2011, 23:14
Yes they are ambidextrous. I have the sport I bought 20 years ago, which I still haven't worn out; and it's used regularly. Although it has no 'safety' strap the gun stays in the holster very well. It's lightweight and easy to clean. For the price I don't think it can be beat.

Butch
12-03-2011, 23:38
Yes they are ambidextrous. I have the sport I bought 20 years ago, which I still haven't worn out; and it's used regularly. Although it has no 'safety' strap the gun stays in the holster very well. It's lightweight and easy to clean. For the price I don't think it can be beat.
Yup!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/Glockholsterretainer.jpg

They fit long ones:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/17Lholsterlarge.jpg

and short one's:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/G26inHolster.jpg

Here's an old one:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/Glock%20pics/firstgenG17-holster.jpg

and one in left hand mode:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/ButchG17/RugerinGlockholsterflipped.jpg

:)

outwest
12-04-2011, 20:47
Thanks -- just ordered a couple.

chrisw
12-04-2011, 20:57
I like mine. I got it for free when I traded an old beat up beretta for a glock back in the day and thought I would hate it. It is now one of my favorite holsters. Simple but works well.

Bill Lumberg
12-10-2011, 06:51
Great holsters. Ambidextrous. Perform well when worn on a proper gunbelt.

unit1069
12-10-2011, 08:24
For the price I don't think [Sport/Combat] can be beat.

I totally agree. It makes an excellent OWB holster and on occasion I've carried it riding between the belt and pants for CCW, with a shirt or garment covering the rig.

Never Nervous
12-10-2011, 17:30
^^^ I've had mine two days just trying to see how I like it. I like the way it is held close to the body. I think between the belt and pants is what I like so far. Hard to beat for the price.

Woooah. Indiana just hit a shot at the buzzer to beat Kentucky.

Sorry about the hijack. Back on topic. I like the holster so far.

NN

Mudshark100
12-10-2011, 19:01
Mine holds my Glock closer to the body than any other OWB I have tried. However, it's a very tight fit and I have to really tug on it to draw. I'm not comfortable with it as a defense holster.

Never Nervous
12-10-2011, 20:17
^^^ The thing I don't like is the tight retention also. I rubbed some WD40 inside of the holster and it was very easy to pull out, but after a while it went back to being tight. Guess it's time to call Tommy Theis.

NN

cloudbuster
12-11-2011, 11:10
^^^ The thing I don't like is the tight retention also. I rubbed some WD40 inside of the holster and it was very easy to pull out, but after a while it went back to being tight. Guess it's time to call Tommy Theis.

NN

WD40 doesn't have a great reputation for sticking around. That's why it's not recommended as a gun oil. I've heard people recommend silicone spray.

Personally, on my synthetic holsters, I don't use anything. Two FIST Kydex and one Fobus (just used as an around-the-farm holster, you fobus-haters :) ) . The Fobus, particularly, is tight. You get used to making a very strong, snappy draw. I regard the tight retention as a safety feature. It's not going to fall out while I'm working in the woods or brush, or if I fall into a ditch or off a horse or whatever.

tuica
12-11-2011, 17:28
I have sanded down the trigger nubbin on mine to facilitate draw. I also carry the 45 GAP's with the trigger guard ABOVE the nubbin. That wide slide holds it in just fine. Experiment a bit. I also use this holster extensively - along with more expensive leather ones. For the price, it can't be beaten. Cheers.

Tx-SIG229
12-11-2011, 19:34
i have one that is fitted for the g30. i use it to also carry my g23 and 27. it works.

voiceofreason
12-17-2011, 17:31
It works okay. Almost any good kydex or leather holster is better.

If it fits too tight, spray some cooking spray like PAM into it and then wipe it down good with a paper towel. Good for about 50 fast draws.

I prefer leather for CC (TT Gunleather makes great stuff)

I like my Safariland 6377 belt slide holster with ALS retention (6378 is the same holster with the paddle attachment- so you get BOTH paddle & belt slide) for range work, but it doesn't conceal well at all.

Raven Concealment has a great reputation for quality product, sub par customer service if you're looking for an outside the waistband range holster.

garebel
12-17-2011, 19:44
I use mine all the time. Great holster, especially for the price.
Please note, as the previous poster mentioned, the importance of a good gunbelt.
That cannot be stressed enough.

Chinese Grock
12-20-2011, 13:20
I converted mine to an IWB

Never Nervous
01-08-2012, 21:18
I converted mine to an IWB

Tha's one way of doing it. I took the J clamps and studs from an old holster and used the existing slots instead of cutting the holster. I adjusted for cant like a regular holster. I'm lefty so my carry is between my front and back pocket. It really draws the gun close to my body. Also got the mag holder. I'm using a Glock 45 holster for my G23 with the G21 spare mag.

NN