Winchester 1300 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Winchester 1300

gbcop
12-04-2011, 01:02
Why is there soo little postive notes about the winchester 1300 Defender?? I have one that is fitted with a Blackhawk SpecOps recoil absorbing stock, and a Surefire Forend stock Model#636LM. I tell you as a pump, this shotgun is a go anywhere, any condition, take anything go anwhere gun. It's well at home in the field on the gun rack of a quad hog hunting to in the front seat of my patrol car.

Sorry :-) Just tired of hearing about Remington this, Benelli This, ect.. :-) Long LIVE WINCHESTER :tongueout:

Nestor
12-04-2011, 01:18
Thing is that the production stopped and even if the new shotgun from Winchester seems to be nice, there is no way to fit the old stocks or accessories on them. Remington, Mossberg and Benelli were on the market when Winchester literally disappeared. It's gonna be rather impossible to catch up on the market leaders now. Back to 1300 - they are no longer produced, so right there is your best answer about the lack of popularity. The only way to buy one is to buy the used shotgun, but there is little market for the spare parts. No support - no popularity.

K.Kiser
12-04-2011, 09:40
I've had mine for over 10 years now, and it movements and function are as good as any that I have shot.. The 1300 defender is everything that a pump shotgun needs to be...

jwhite75
12-04-2011, 10:00
No hate here. The 1300 is an awesome tactical HD gun. Wouldnt hesitate to buy one as they are out there for some great deals.

stopatrain
12-04-2011, 10:14
I've had one for a long long time and it still works great.

Glockbuster
12-04-2011, 13:54
I really like mine, have had it for about three months, before that a Mossberg 500. Some might say I downgraded but I'm keeping my 1300 7+1. I was lucky to find it NIB for a good price as it was on layaway for a while and the person turned it down so I lucked out. Pumping it is almost automatic with the aid built in and it is damn fast. I seem to be faster with the 1300 than the Mossberg.

pipedreams
12-04-2011, 14:02
Had mine for over ten years and it still works like the first day. Put 200 rounds through it on a combat shooting course and never a problem. Good HD weapon.