It's a Good Day [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : It's a Good Day

WiskyT
12-04-2011, 12:29
My wife works weekends and I do the Mr. Mom thing. I love it, but now that my kids are getting a bit older, I can do some "me" stuff too. There's a local park here that has a tree house for a jungle gym and trails that go to a pond. They play, we hike, and even wet a line on occasion.

Today I decided that they were too tired. They have that thousand mile stare. Ironically, they look like refugees they are so tired. I told them today we are just going to sit around the house. They are beating each other sensless in the back yard. Sybling rivalry is an important part of growing up. It's in The Bible. Not everything they do needs to be Girls Scouts, school, youth league soccer, you know, organized.

The point of all this is, I am in my PJ's and I am watching The Shadow Riders for the three hundredth time after casting about 700 40 caliber pills.

Sure, I'll probably bathe and take them to the supermarket and make a nice dinner for when the wife comes home, but it's nice to just sit around in my sweatpants.

rpgman
12-04-2011, 12:52
awesome, I was up a 4:15am loading on my new xl650.
Wife has to leave at 2pm to go to school (very rare on a Sunday, but they are finishing up before Christmas).

So, I'm with the children, reloading while they do whatever they want.

I'll start dinner at about 5pm today right before the wife gets home from school.
Greg

My wife works weekends and I do the Mr. Mom thing. I love it, but now that my kids are getting a bit older, I can do some "me" stuff too. There's a local park here that has a tree house for a jungle gym and trails that go to a pond. They play, we hike, and even wet a line on occasion.

Today I decided that they were too tired. They have that thousand mile stare. Ironically, they look like refugees they are so tired. I told them today we are just going to sit around the house. They are beating each other sensless in the back yard. Sybling rivalry is an important part of growing up. It's in The Bible. Not everything they do needs to be Girls Scouts, school, youth league soccer, you know, organized.

The point of all this is, I am in my PJ's and I am watching The Shadow Riders for the three hundredth time after casting about 700 40 caliber pills.

Sure, I'll probably bathe and take them to the supermarket and make a nice dinner for when the wife comes home, but it's nice to just sit around in my sweatpants.

norton
12-04-2011, 13:41
Sounds like a fine day Wisky.

Zombie Steve
12-04-2011, 14:13
Nice, Wisky. I woke up to 5 degrees at a friend's cabin up on Saddle Mountain in South Park. Had to get a fire going pretty quickly.:cold: After breakfast, we packed up and 4-wheeled it out of there (wasn't too bad... really too cold to snow). Just got back in town, started to get back to feeling human again. Now I'm off to the garage to load up some .45 Colt and mayhap cast up some .45 boolits for the 1911's. Catch up with you fellers later.

WiskyT
12-04-2011, 14:14
FWIW, I urge the forum members to watch The Shadow Riders. It's an ecellent oppotunity to see Jack in his prime:

http://www.hallmarkmoviechannel.com/SPP/SSPictures/419-24077.jpg

Many of the younger memebers will only know him by what he has degenerated into:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/tomasutpen/album5/berle.jpg

WiskyT
12-04-2011, 14:15
Nice, Wisky. I woke up to 5 degrees at a friend's cabin up on Brokeback Mountain in South Park. Had to get a fire going pretty quickly.:cold: After breakfast, we packed up and 4-wheeled it out of there (wasn't too bad... really too cold to snow). Just got back in town, started to get back to feeling straight again. Now I'm off to the garage to load up some .45 Colt and mayhap cast up some .45 boolits for the 1911's. Catch up with you fellers later.

Overcompensating?:dunno:

WiskyT
12-04-2011, 14:17
Sounds like a fine day Wisky.

It's just got better, Young Frankenstein is on. And there are drumsticks in the freezer. Slow roasted chicken legs, beans with smoked necks, and I pushed the button on the bread machine. There will be no shower today!

Hogpauls
12-04-2011, 14:20
Sounds like a great day! Kids and us need a break, too much are we entertained into exhaustion.