Make
Model
Why
Thxs guys

~{(-_-)}~

Patchman
12-05-2011, 10:14
For my G19s, I have the following:

Tauris pancake OWB. Used 24/7 except summer months.

Tauris IWB. Uesd 24/7 during the summer months.

Sidearmor Kydex. Used when taking classes.

Glock sports holster. Backup holster.

For my G26, which I no longer CCW, I have a Tauris IWB.

expatman
12-05-2011, 10:28
I have just started using a Safariland ALS retention holster for work and I am never going back. I love this thing. It draws like "butter" and I am hard pressed to be able to tell a diference in speed from drawing from a non retention kydex as opposed to it. I never believed it until I tried it about a month ago. I use it for my G17.

sig357fan
12-05-2011, 10:39
for ccw of my chopped G31 I use a Comp-Tac Infide, very comfy and secure yet its easy to get on and off.

for open carry in the woods when cutting wood or scouting for a hunt, Blackhawk Serpa, it has a "lock" that must be pressed with the trigger finger to draw the weapon, very, very secure when doing vigorous activities like cutting wood.

sig357fan

Wawrz
12-05-2011, 10:58
DeSantis Insider for cc only 20$, good quality, and it works very well

t4terrific
12-05-2011, 11:15
Do the "plastic" holsters wear the finish off the slides worse than leather of nylon?

jmcbride
12-05-2011, 11:17
Crossbreed SuperTuck (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/) for G19! I use it for both my G19 and G26. Very comfortable holster. I got mine from their seconds website and saved some money. www.crossbreedseconds.com

Great stuff!

kurt5153
12-05-2011, 11:36
Do the "plastic" holsters wear the finish off the slides worse than leather of nylon?

I wanna know the same thing!

Nice going guys, thxs for the info!

~{(-_-)}~

eclark53520
12-05-2011, 11:45
Theis IWB.

$55. Hand made in America. I conceal a G21 all day long in it. Very comfortable.

Nuff said.

xmanhockey7
12-05-2011, 11:48
Glock 22:
Blackhawk Serpa CQC- because it works great for me
Galco Miami Classic (shoulder holster)- because it's arguably the best

Springfield XDm 3.8 compact 40:
Blackhawk Serpa CQC- because it works great for me
Galco Miami Classic (shoulder holster)- because it's arguably the best

collim1
12-05-2011, 11:48
I have a Don Hume leather thumbsnap H721 for every handgun I own. It is my go to holster for OWB carry. It is a good holster, and relatively cheap ($40-50).

AA#5
12-05-2011, 11:54

The kydex holsters that have pinch-type retention around the trigger guard do cause a smoothed area to develop on the trigger guard of my Glock.

Seraph1926
12-05-2011, 11:59
My old daily CC was a G35 in a Comp-Tac C-Tac. Now it's going to be a G20 long slide in a C-Tac.

dosei
12-05-2011, 12:36
Kytac
Braveheart
Because it is the very best IWB holster I have ever found period (leather, kydex, or hybrid). Comfort, concealment, retension, presetation, reholstering...it gets top marks across the board.

expatman
12-05-2011, 12:36
I get no wear on the finish with my Safariland holsters. They are lined with felt. My kydex adds some wear but it is not enough to worry about.

Orive 8
12-05-2011, 12:44
EDC gun is a Glock 19 in a Kramer OWB horsehide belt scabbard, when I want/need a little more concealment I go with a Comp Tac CTAC IWB holster.

My wife's EDC gun is a Glock 26, she carries it in a FIST ultra-thin kydex IWB holster with split-leather belt loops (K6-G option).

Been using Kramer holsters since the early 90s, first holster that I buy for any gun that I buy - have even bought some for guns that I was going to buy in the future :supergrin:.

Used several different IWB holsters (Kramer, Sparks, FIST, Blade-Tech, Galco) but I really like the CTAC.

My wife loves the ultra-thin kydex FIST option.

11A
12-05-2011, 13:24
For IWB, I use the Comp-tac Minotaur holster. It allows to to tuck in a shirt, and only the two clips are exposed. You can get clips to match your belt color as well, so most people won't even notice, let alone question.

For OWB, I use the Comp-tac paddle holster. I wear a lot of button down shirts unbuttoned, and have no issues with concealment. If I needed a retention system for my concealment holster I would opt for the Safariland 6378.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Armson-OEG
12-05-2011, 13:46
Don Hume 721 OT

SuperSleuth
12-05-2011, 16:39
Seth's Gun Leather
Wraith IWB
Comfortable, secure, fast, conceals well, excellent construction and design.

bruzer
12-05-2011, 16:58
I recommend two Glock Talk members. Tommy THEIS holster. http://theisholsters.com/
And PJ Holster for all Kydex http://pjholster.com/
No wear on the Glock slide from Kydex just the area on the trigger guard.
Mike

SCmasterblaster
12-05-2011, 17:15
A Bianchi Model 4/4L. It is very comfortable and it presents my G17 very well to my right hand. :supergrin:

tango44
12-05-2011, 17:19
Glock 19 IWB Don Hume Leather.
Fobus GL2 Evolution.

mitzer
12-05-2011, 19:00
Theis IWB.

$55. Hand made in America. I conceal a G21 all day long in it. Very comfortable.

Nuff said.

^^^ this. Great holster. Ships in just a few days and very comfortable. Bought it for my G36 but the G26 also fits in it quite well.

Mitzer

FireMedicKeith
12-05-2011, 19:27
Crossbreed SuperTuck (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/) for G19! I use it for both my G19 and G26. Very comfortable holster. I got mine from their seconds website and saved some money. www.crossbreedseconds.com

Great stuff!

GREAT COMPANY!!! I have never bought any of their seconds but I love my CB.

carloglock19
12-05-2011, 19:35
Hey guys I was just woundering what holster you have n why. Please list:
Make: Comptac
Model: MTAC
Why: Awesome
Thxs guys

~{(-_-)}~

Make: Comptac
Model: MTAC
Why: Awesome
:cool:

Goldenboy007
12-05-2011, 19:55
Comptac MTAC for my G19. Very comfortable to wear all day even during long road trips. And I like that it uses plastic clips so it doesn't scratch up my belt.

I just got a G26 and looking at the remora holster for that since it is clipless but can still be worn IWB or in my pocket.
I've heard very positive reviews about the n82tactical.com holster and may consider that as well

tankermw
12-05-2011, 21:10
I carry my glocks in an N82 tactical holster.
Why... COMFORTABLE, concealable, easy to draw, inexpensive (NOT cheap), high quality and a great company with awesome customer service. Everyone who has tried it has loved it and bought one. PLus the one holster works for my 19, 23, 0r 36.

Blaster
12-05-2011, 21:16
Andrews Custom Leather

Makes my 5" 1911 disappear under a t-shirt or sweater and is very comfortable.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm

MacDaniel II
http://www.andrewsleather.com/macdaniel2_a.jpg

Liqud8tr
12-06-2011, 06:50
I have been reading these "holster" threads for a while but I never see anyone recommend/use a shoulder holster.

Why is that?

Patchman
12-06-2011, 16:30
I have been reading these "holster" threads for a while but I never see anyone recommend/use a shoulder holster.

Why is that?

I'm conflicted as to whether I'm really Sonny... or Tubbs.

Seriously, never interested. No particular reason.

janice6
12-06-2011, 16:35
CB IWB. Can re-holster with one hand.

Golddog
12-06-2011, 18:05
I've got a beautiful Tauris shoulder holster and once owned a very nice Alessi shoulder rig. The Tauris comfortable enough with my heavy full-size CZ's, and I use it under heavy coats in cold weather. But IWB's are easier to conceal, and they're faster and more comfortable for me.

rygleason
12-06-2011, 22:19

Great stuff!

I have had the Crossbreed Horsehide Supertuck IWB for my G26 for 2 years and love it. Prior to that I had the Desantis cozy partner IWB. The crossbreed just forms to your body and carries very well with good retention and nice adjustments for cant and carry depth. Holster is important, but a good heavy duty gun belt is key!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

NkySpike
12-07-2011, 05:37
I carry my glocks in an N82 tactical holster.
Why... COMFORTABLE, concealable, easy to draw, inexpensive (NOT cheap), high quality and a great company with awesome customer service. Everyone who has tried it has loved it and bought one. PLus the one holster works for my 19, 23, 0r 36.

I 2nd that.. Love mine

cowboywannabe
12-07-2011, 06:02
Desantis paddle for my duty gun to be carried off duty and a Glaco King Tuk for the same when maximum concealment is needed.

HexHead
12-07-2011, 06:35
Three Milt Sparks Versa-Max II, for my 19, 26 and 1911.
For deeper concealment, a Galco UDC for my 26.
Galco Jackass shoulder holster fits all my Glocks.

Lior
12-07-2011, 08:29
Since putting trugrip tape on the arsepart of my G17, any sloughing grit that catches in the scabbard of a tight plastic holster will scratch the slide, period, so I have transitioned to carrying in mostly Safariland suede lined holsters.

rdpG19
12-07-2011, 09:22
Invisi-tuck made by The American Holster Company (http://americanholstercompany.com), Excellent quailty, all leather and very comfortable for all day wear. Fits my G19 like a glove. Highly recommend it.

Quarter Tank
12-07-2011, 10:32
owb iTAC

iwb Crossbreed Supertuck (probably the most comfortable holster i have owned.) I paried it with a CB gun belt and I dont even know its there

both for G27

Goldenboy007
12-16-2011, 22:14
Just got the Remora holster for my G26. I want to first say how great their customer service is. When I called customer service towhet a recommendation for a holster that can be worn as a pocket holster as well as iwb, the owner of the company, Alan picked up,and was very helpful. And he even threw in a free mag pouch.
As a test, I wore the holster today with my pajama pants with a draw string. I was concerned that a clipless holster may move around so figured if it can stay in place in my pj, then there is no way it'll move in my Levi's.
And while the weight of the gun and holster did cause my pj waistband to sag a few inches, it remained in the same spot inside my pj.
And when I wore it inside my jeans when I went out to dinner, I barely noticed it was there.
I also wore the mag pouch and that surprisingly felt way more uncomfortable and awkward than the holster. I've never used a mag pouch before so I'll experiment with different spots along my waist and see if i can find a spot to carry it more comfortably.

beforeobamabans
12-17-2011, 03:31
Like most here, I've been through the proverbial 'box full of holsters' looking for the ideal solution for each pistol I want to carry. Two things up front: different guns like different holsters, i.e., a holster that may be perfect for your Glock sub may not be right for your 1911. Second, I am an admitted leather snob. I'm just not interested in molded plastic. I love the feel, the smell and the craftsmanship required to work with dead animal skins. YMMV. Finally, don't be afraid to spend some real money for your EDC. For example, you won't bat an eye spending $200 for a case of 9mm rounds that you'll use up in 4-5 trips to the range but you cringe at spending that much on a custom-made, handcrafted holster that will give you performance and joy every day and will last you a lifetime. Don't be cheap on holsters, especially for your EDC. When it comes to custom leather, it is true that you generally get what you pay for. My list below are all custom leather, made by one man in his shop, that have passed my personal test of time. In order of price and quality:

1. http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/

Gary Brommeland is among the very best leathersmiths in the country. Unlike some larger shops, he still makes each and every holster himself. He starts with the finest raw materials available and imparts his impeccable workmanship on creative designs with unique nuances. Gary is a perfectionist. If you aren't, go somewhere else. But, if you admire the finest handmade craftsmanship available, you will treasure anything Gary makes for you. $140-$200

2. http://www.nm-holsters.com/products

Nick Mathews is a newer holster maker who has the skills to become one of the renown leathersmiths in the industry. His holsters are a real bargain today at <$100 and will rise in price as he becomes better known. If you have a larger pistol that you want to carry IWB and you like 3:00 (or close), you will find his #1 design to be uniquely suited for this purpose. This holster rides low for concealment and balance. It has an exaggerated forward cant to get the grip of a larger pistol into a nearly vertical position where it hides behind your arm. I use this holster for my full and mid-size Glocks and it works beautifully. $65-$75

3. http://sideguardholsters.com/index.html

Based in Minnesota, Erik makes basic leather designs that just flat out work. I have his "Slide" OWB for Glock 17,19,22,23 and his "DoubleSnap" IWB for my G30SF. I would call his designs 'minimalistic' in that there is only as much leather there as needed to do the job (which is a good thing). The OWB balances a large pistol properly so that a top heavy pistol like the G17 pulls in tight to your side. The IWB takes up little of the precious real estate under your belt and puts the heavy G30 in a perfect position. I highly recommend Erik for those of you just getting started or not in position to spend $200 on a super premium holster. One more thing...all my other holsters are black. I ordered both of these in brown and the color and finish is actually stunning. $70

You can buy old world craftsmanship from these three skilled American leathersmiths with confidence.

vista461
12-17-2011, 04:34
Theis IWB.

Nuff said.Same here except a S&W 4003 instead of G21

writwing
12-17-2011, 21:25
Kydex CompTac Infidel

Leather Milt Sparks Summer Special

iluv2viddyfilms
12-17-2011, 21:27
Well for my summer carry gun, the Glock 27 I have a simple Galco clip on thing. It works well because the entire package is light and I don't really have to think about it or need a fancy holster for such a small gun.

For my Winter carry I have a 1911 and use a Crossbreed Supertuck. Amazing holster which makes the weight of a fullsized Colt 1911 bearable.

Reb 56
12-19-2011, 00:29
CompTac-Infidel for G19 & G26 easy on and easy off. IWB
Galco Sto and Go for my LCP. IWB
De Santis Nemesis for my J Frame. Pocket
El Paso Street combat for G19 leather OWB.

owl6roll
12-19-2011, 00:52
Don't worry about the finish on a weapon. It's a tool! Use it like you know what you are doing.

You'll go through many different types, till you figure out what you like.

Hour13
12-19-2011, 01:25
I have an old Miami Classic for my G22 when I'm on the bike.

Rest of the time, now that I'm carrying a H&K fullsize USP, I have a Gould B803, black leather OWB. I carry it at 5'oclock. I'm not a big guy, 5'8" at about 160lbs, and that fullsize vanishes under a t-shirt. Extremely comfortable, even in the car. When in the car, I slide it forward to about 4'oclock, and the butt is inches from my seatbelt latch.

Oh, and I second the above, buy a good quality gunbelt.

Buy a good quality gunbelt.

dragon129
12-19-2011, 16:28
Crossbreed SuperTuck (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/) for G19! I use it for both my G19 and G26. Very comfortable holster. I got mine from their seconds website and saved some money. www.crossbreedseconds.com (http://www.crossbreedseconds.com)

Great stuff!

+1 on the Supertuck. Only had it for three days now but I wore it for 10 hours on Saturday while watching my wife go through the CCW class and I never noticed it. What a great product so far for my Glock 27.

A'boy
12-19-2011, 17:02
Crossbreed supertuck for my 1911 and G19, and I'm now trying out the Raven ACR for my G19.

pizza_pablo
12-19-2011, 17:30
All for 23 & 27:
Crossbreed Supertuck / Great Reviews / It is awesome
Blackhawk Serpa CQC / Cheap in Cabela's Bargin Cave / Good OWB carry, poor concealment (sticks out far)
Glock Sport Combat / Cheap / Effective
Cheap (Brand?) Nylon Shoulder Holster / Cheap / Not used often
Just ordered:
X-Concealment Compact holster / Great reviews / On sale