UC Davis Pepper Spray Incident - Full Background video [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : UC Davis Pepper Spray Incident - Full Background video

Sharky7
12-05-2011, 12:16
Good video - shows a lot of the background information and events leading up to the pepper spray incident. Worth watching all the way through....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPdH3wE0_Y

SCSU74
12-06-2011, 11:52
i still dont understand what the issue is? they were given an order and they didnt comply, boom spray. im still appalled that the officers were disciplined at all...

Sharky7
12-06-2011, 14:26
i still dont understand what the issue is? they were given an order and they didnt comply, boom spray. im still appalled that the officers were disciplined at all...

I'm guessing knee jerk political reaction to a 10 second clip the media ran. No one took the time to find out the truth before taking action against the officers. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reminds me of the Obama "acted stupidly" uninformed comment he made before he knew all the facts.

jpa
12-06-2011, 15:00
The officers were a lot more patient than I would have been. Going to each individual and telling them 3 times they're going to be sprayed would have been 2 more warnings than I would have given.

For everyone saying that they shouldn't have sprayed them, imagine taking a group of arrestees out of a hostile crowd and you get completely surrounded and the crowd refuses to allow you to leave. Now imagine that crowd is Hells Angels and you're leaving the clubhouse with their leader or if you're in the housing projects and you're taking the head of a gang to jail.