PDA

View Full Version : *Video* A Day On Patrol With Ronnie Coleman

ULVER
12-05-2011, 16:32
Ah, drug testing? :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYAFtpYhjyQ

Goat 36
12-05-2011, 17:33
Ronnie lives and works in a suburb of DFW.

It's pretty obvious, being a world renowned body builder, that he's used those special "Vitamins" to get where he's at.

There are at least a handful of other officers in his dept. that are in similar condition. Probably nowhere near as big, but similar.

There was a scandal in Dallas a while back that uncovered a Steroid Ring that involved the Dallas PD.

They had nabbed one of the main suppliers, a civilian, and were squeezing him for info on his clientele.

If this guy went to trial, he would, no doubt, expose numerous DPD officers who were using special "Vitamins" in their daily diet.

Guess what happened.

He and his wife were both found 'Suicided' in their home before the investigation was able to glean anymore pertinent details about his clientele and their business dealings.

Well, yeah, the News reported that he killed her and then himself, of course.

How uncannily convenient for all those officers who were about to be exposed and the stigma of the DPD that was about to be elevated to a level never before attained by a major metropolitan Police Force......at least not in Texas.

Then guess what happened.

Nothing. Not a thing.

There was never any talk of it again in the Media.

Just.....kinda......disappeared from the headlines. Whoooosh. Gone.

Life imitating art imitating life.

DaBigBR
12-05-2011, 17:42
So a guy gets got breaking the law and offs himself and you assume that he, along with his wife, are executed by members of one of the largest municipal law enforcement agencies in the country because his testimony would expose other members of that department.

I say that you "assume" because you present absolutely zero evidence that members of that, or any agency were using steroids, that the suspect provided said steroids to them, or that any member of the department was involved in the deaths. Just an assumption.

I'll tell you this: people do weird things when they are under investigation, under indictment, etc. We had a guy up here get caught embezzling thousands from his employer (a bank). When caught, he claimed that he was doing it to buy cocaine. Before he went to trial he murdered his wife and their wife children by bludgeoning them to death and then drove his vehicle in to an interstate overpass and killed himself. Through the investigation that followed, they found absolutely no evidence that the guy had EVER used cocaine, let alone tens of thousand of dollars with it over a several year period.

Must have been a police scandal, too.

PuroMexicano
12-05-2011, 17:55
He's eating the whole damn day! LOL, he must pop like 10K calories a day!

His forearm is bigger than mi thigh, :rofl:

Goat 36
12-05-2011, 18:30
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
So a guy gets got breaking the law and offs himself and you assume that he, along with his wife, are executed by members of one of the largest municipal law enforcement agencies in the country because his testimony would expose other members of that department.

I never said 'who' suicided him. Just that he 'was' suicided.

ETA: What does 'one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the country' have to do with anything? Isn't the LAPD 'notorious' for doing everything 'By the Book?'

This quote does seem to support your perspective, though:

As previously reported, Jacobs’ death was ruled as a suicide. The Dallas County medical examiner found one self-inflicted gunshot wound to the abdomen and another to the head.

http://www.scntx.com/articles/2008/06/11/breaking_news/20.txt

Because, I mean, the moment someone makes the final decision to go ahead and end their life with a gun as quickly and painlessly as possible they 'always' go ahead and shoot their own self right in the stomach.

Or, maybe, it's just they're aiming for their brain and they miss.

-Could happen!

Originally posted by DaBigBR:
We had a guy up here get caught embezzling thousands from his employer (a bank). When caught, he claimed that he was doing it to buy cocaine. Before he went to trial he murdered his wife and their wife children by bludgeoning them to death and then drove his vehicle in to an interstate overpass and killed himself. Through the investigation that followed, they found absolutely no evidence that the guy had EVER used cocaine, let alone tens of thousand of dollars with it over a several year period.

Must have been a police scandal, too.

Wow. Musta been.

ateamer
12-05-2011, 18:35

This quote does seem to support your perspective, though:

http://www.scntx.com/articles/2008/06/11/breaking_news/20.txt

Because, I mean, the moment someone makes the final decision to go ahead and end their life with a gun as quickly and painlessly as possible they 'always' go ahead and shoot their own self right in the stomach.

-Could happen!

Wow. Musta been.
How many suicides have you investigated? What death investigation and crime scene investigation training have you had? How many years have you been a law enforcement officer?

PuroMexicano
12-05-2011, 18:37
How many suicides have you investigated? What death investigation and crime scene investigation training have you had? How many years have you been a law enforcement officer?

And I bet the answer is..... (drumroll)

http://www.productorazero.com/rw_common/images/LOGO%20ZERO%20PNG%2009.png

Goat 36
12-05-2011, 18:52

Originally posted by PuroMexicano:
And I bet the answer is..... (drumroll)

http://www.productorazero.com/rw_common/images/LOGO%20ZERO%20PNG%2009.png (http://www.productorazero.com/rw_common/images/LOGO%20ZERO%20PNG%2009.png)
Wow. Y'all really knocked my D!(< in the dirt with 'that' one.

Yeah, you got me! I'm not a LEO and never have been so everything I present 'must' be fooey.

Nice. Nice teamwork.

You don't have to pound a gavel for a living, prosecute bad guys or write traffic tickets to see 'very clearly' the corruption in society and the effects of it.

And you certainly don't need to be a Crime Scene Investigator to know what's going on in the world.

Nice touch, though.

rudeboy3
12-05-2011, 19:04
Wow. Y'all really knocked my D!(7 in the dirt with 'that' one.

Yeah, you got me! I'm not a LEO and never have been so everything I present 'must' be fooey.

Nice. Nice teamwork.

You don't have to pound a gavel for a living, prosecute bad guys or write traffic tickets to see 'very clearly' the corruption in society and the effects of it.

And you certainly don't need to be a Crime Scene Investigator to know what's going on in the world.

Nice touch, though.

I can tell you this, any idiot can read a newspaper clipping. Again, what proof do you have about...oh, I don't know...anything?

Goat 36
12-05-2011, 19:11
I can tell you this, any idiot can read a newspaper clipping. Again, what proof do you have about...oh, I don't know...anything?

What proof could I access from the internet and post here, or better yet, 'place in your hand' that would....oh, I don't know.....prove 'anything' to you?

There's not a single thing I could ever say, type, post, paste, deliver to your front door and have you hold in your 'skeptical' hand that could ever 'FORCE' you to believe something you don't 'WANT' to believe.

So,.......what else?

Alderak
12-05-2011, 19:24
I'm not sure why anyone would do that to their body.

ateamer
12-05-2011, 19:30
I'm not sure why anyone would do that to their body.
Have you ever wanted to be the best at something? Not just best on your block, or best in your school, but the absolute, unquestioned best in the entire world, and been willing to do what it takes to get there?

packsaddle
12-05-2011, 19:31
i would love to roll up on a disturbance with him as a partner.

PuroMexicano
12-05-2011, 20:27
What proof could I access from the internet and post here, or better yet, 'place in your hand' that would....oh, I don't know.....prove 'anything' to you?

There's not a single thing I could ever say, type, post, paste, deliver to your front door and have you hold in your 'skeptical' hand that could ever 'FORCE' you to believe something you don't 'WANT' to believe.

So,.......what else?

So, if you can't prove anything and are just spewing speculations about police officers "suiciding" some people that may or may not blame them, on a police subforum, why don't you just get out? And BTW, don't let the door hit you on your way out...

Goat 36
12-05-2011, 21:09
So, if you can't prove anything and are just spewing speculations about police officers "suiciding" some people that may or may not blame them, on a police subforum, why don't you just get out? And BTW, don't let the door hit you on your way out...

Once again, please post a quote of 'my' words where I stated that 'Police' suicided anybody.

Not sure if the OP intended to post a thread, implying that an officer of the law may be using illegal substances in his line of work, into the 'Cop Talk' forum, but I was only responding to the Original Post with corresponding information, story and opinion. As is done by 'any poster in 'any' thread about 'any' topic.

Personally, if I'd noticed it was posted in 'Cop Talk,' I probably wouldn't have even responded.

So, do with this thread what thou wilt.

And I don't need to use the door. In the spirit of the holidays, I'll take the chimney.

Be safe. :supergrin:

nikerret
12-05-2011, 21:21
Ah, drug testing? :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYAFtpYhjyQ

Female Officer at 6:38 looks pretty good.

He sure does menion being a two time Mr. Olympia, a bunch. It is a hell of an accomplishment.

DaBigBR
12-05-2011, 23:23

ETA: What does 'one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the country' have to do with anything? Isn't the LAPD 'notorious' for doing everything 'By the Book?'

It has to do with the fact that it's a department with literally thousands of officers, a full-time internal affairs division, and a policy manual that is probably lethal if dropped on you from a height of more than a foot. Places like that are generally run pretty well.

The LAPD's reputation amongst those with a clue is just fine.

opelwasp
12-06-2011, 03:25
The LAPD's reputation amongst those with a clue is just fine.

But, but, but...that's not what the movies/TV shows say!:faint:

merlynusn
12-06-2011, 11:41
Once again, please post a quote of 'my' words where I stated that 'Police' suicided anybody.

Not sure if the OP intended to post a thread, implying that an officer of the law may be using illegal substances in his line of work, into the 'Cop Talk' forum, but I was only responding to the Original Post with corresponding information, story and opinion. As is done by 'any poster in 'any' thread about 'any' topic.

Personally, if I'd noticed it was posted in 'Cop Talk,' I probably wouldn't have even responded.

So, do with this thread what thou wilt.

And I don't need to use the door. In the spirit of the holidays, I'll take the chimney.

Be safe. :supergrin:

You did not come right out and say it, but you certainly implied it.

jethro21
12-06-2011, 12:13
I will admit I didn't watch all the video, but did he say how long he has to work out everyday to maintain that muscle? That is a serious time committment, steroids or not...

And to BR's comment about suspects offing themselves- this happens all the time. Recently we served a warrant on a guy accused by his niece of molesting and photographing her for years. We seized computers, drives etc. thinking we would find something solid. After all that, we found nothing to substantiate the accusation, but guess who we find with a self inflicted gunshot to the head in a drainage pipe a week later?

Kilrain
12-06-2011, 12:15
...but guess who we find with a self inflicted gunshot to the head in a drainage pipe a week later?

:shocked:

Well don't leave us hanging, who did you find?

:supergrin:

herky
12-06-2011, 12:15
Whats the big deal, thats how I look in my uniform.:tongueout:

Aux Bear
12-06-2011, 12:26
Hey I'm 5'8" at 150 lbs. He can ride shotgun with me anyday!!!!!! :whistling:

series1811
12-06-2011, 12:40
I will admit I didn't watch all the video, but did he say how long he has to work out everyday to maintain that muscle? That is a serious time committment, steroids or not...

And to BR's comment about suspects offing themselves- this happens all the time. Recently we served a warrant on a guy accused by his niece of molesting and photographing her for years. We seized computers, drives etc. thinking we would find something solid. After all that, we found nothing to substantiate the accusation, but guess who we find with a self inflicted gunshot to the head in a drainage pipe a week later?

When I was working in Dallas in the late 80's, we had two bank robbery arrests in a row where the subject shot himself in the head just as the reactive squad tried to arrest him. They were catching a lot of jokes about maybe trying to take the next one alive to make it look good.

RetailNinja
12-06-2011, 12:56

-Could happen!

Not once but six times. I've seen it in person. After he didn't die from six shots to his own stomach, he called the amber lamps.

bci21984
12-06-2011, 13:00
I personally booked David Jacobs into jail on his steroid charges, he had no problem giving names of clients and customers.

snitching in the drug business, doesnt mattter what drug you push, does not promote a long healthy life.

Morris
12-06-2011, 13:35
We have a natural lifter in our PD that does his shift with a small cooler riding shotgun. Yeah, they do eat quite a bit. He's doing the paleo thing (eggs, meat, etc.).

If Coleman is clean and does his job right, there are no issues.

Sharky7
12-06-2011, 14:29
He has been off the job for a while now, right?

Kadetklapp
12-06-2011, 14:49
Guess what happened.

He and his wife were both found 'Suicided' in their home before the investigation was able to glean anymore pertinent details about his clientele and their business dealings.

Well, yeah, the News reported that he killed her and then himself, of course.

How uncannily convenient for all those officers who were about to be exposed and the stigma of the DPD that was about to be elevated to a level never before attained by a major metropolitan Police Force......at least not in Texas.

Then guess what happened.

Nothing. Not a thing.

There was never any talk of it again in the Media.

Just.....kinda......disappeared from the headlines. Whoooosh. Gone.

Life imitating art imitating life.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/9c1forum/armadamaster/MrT.jpg

Rabbi
12-06-2011, 14:54
He is a drug abuser and was arrested for lying about being a cop.

Yeah, he is a great big cartoonish guy but I dont think he is good for LE as a whole.

S.O.Interceptor
12-06-2011, 15:00
I admire Ronnie Coleman for his accomplishments. No one put in the time in the gym that he did and no one worked as hard. And very few bodybuilders lifted anywhere near as heavy as he did.

But he disappointed me in May 2009 when he was arrested for impersonating an officer. I guess the charge was dismissed because I can't find a disposition about it anywhere, but he really pulled a ********* move flashing his old badge and claiming to be an active Arlington officer, then saying he was an Arlington reserve, then claiming he was a hospital department reserve.

As for Goat36 and his insinuating that DPD officers killed a man and his family to stop him from testifying, all I can say is: what a dumbass.

Rabbi
12-06-2011, 15:07
, then claiming he was a hospital department reserve.

...and this is the strange one. He WAS a cop...and should have known better. In Texas there is no such things as a reserve for a hospital. That is like saying "I was in the Army SEALS." It doesnt make sense and is a giant red flag.

Ducowti
12-06-2011, 16:10
I would like to see Steven Segal LAWMAN and Ronnie Coleman go at it while in uniform! Impact weapons ok, firearms not.

Morris
12-06-2011, 19:11

Wild. So he was never a FT cop? Is he still a cop or is that related to what S.O. wrote?

Rabbi
12-06-2011, 19:30
Wild. So he was never a FT cop? Is he still a cop or is that related to what S.O. wrote?

I honestly dont know if he was ever a full time cop. He was indeed a reserve at one time. When he was arrested he had not been a cop of anykind for a while.

I cant imagine him being a cop of any kind now.

Alderak
12-06-2011, 23:18
Have you ever wanted to be the best at something? Not just best on your block, or best in your school, but the absolute, unquestioned best in the entire world, and been willing to do what it takes to get there?

To be perfectly honest, no.

If I did though, I'd choose something that wouldn't shorten my lifespan.

ateamer
12-06-2011, 23:31
To be perfectly honest, no.

If I did though, I'd choose something that wouldn't shorten my lifespan.
That's the difference between you (and me as well) and a world champion.

S.O.Interceptor
12-08-2011, 09:50
Damn my phone. I wrote a big long post 2 nights ago, and it wouldn't post here for some reason. So here is the shorter version:

Yeah, he is a great big cartoonish guy but I dont think he is good for LE as a whole.

Before his arrest you would have a hard time finding an officer who did more for his community and for kids than Ronnie Coleman. He went from an average Joe street cop, to a multimillionaire street cop, but stayed on the job for years until his schedule as a touring bodybuilder made it impossible. And he continued helping in the community as reserve officer and continued donating his time and money to kids. He used his vast resources to do a lot of things for a lot of people.

As far as him being good or bad for law enforcement, before his arrest, he was no doubt good. He may too extreme for some, but rather than having a 48" waist, a gut hanging over his belt, and wheezing from getting out of his car, he was/is in great shape. Strong, fast, impressive in uniform, and as I said before, a pillar of the community. In an interview he once said in all his years he only had 1 person who tried to fight when he was on scene, and that guy was drunk. I'd rather work with him than some blue cheese fat ass.

As far as a drug abuser, well, exactly what drug did/does he abuse? See, you don't know, I don't know, no one knows. Sure we all "know" he abuses steroids, but according to the majority of the population, anyone who can squat/bench/press/deadlift more than 95lbs is on them too. I believe you made a thread a while back about your new weight lifting accomplishments (1,000 club). There are a lot of people who would think you're on steroids if they ever saw you lift that much. Ronnie managed to make it on the job about 15 years without any use of force complaints, on or off duty, or showing up on anyone's radar for drug purchases, and is still that way today. So regardless of what we all "know", none of us know whether he's ever had an illegal narcotic in his life.

I honestly dont know if he was ever a full time cop. He was indeed a reserve at one time. When he was arrested he had not been a cop of anykind for a while.

I cant imagine him being a cop of any kind now.

Yes, he was a full time Arlington PD officer for about 15 years. In the video posted he talks about how (at the time) he had been on the job for 12 years and was a 2 time Mr. Olympia. He quit being a full time cop at around 15 years and 5 time Mr. Olympia, and went on the be a reserve officer and 8 time Mr. Olympia. I think he left APD completely in 2007 or so.

Rabbi
12-08-2011, 10:11
Damn my phone. I wrote a big long post 2 nights ago, and it wouldn't post here for some reason. So here is the shorter version:

Before his arrest you would have a hard time finding an officer who did more for his community and for kids than Ronnie Coleman. He went from an average Joe street cop, to a multimillionaire street cop, but stayed on the job for years until his schedule as a touring bodybuilder made it impossible. And he continued helping in the community as reserve officer and continued donating his time and money to kids. He used his vast resources to do a lot of things for a lot of people.

As far as him being good or bad for law enforcement, before his arrest, he was no doubt good. He may too extreme for some, but rather than having a 48" waist, a gut hanging over his belt, and wheezing from getting out of his car, he was/is in great shape. Strong, fast, impressive in uniform, and as I said before, a pillar of the community. In an interview he once said in all his years he only had 1 person who tried to fight when he was on scene, and that guy was drunk. I'd rather work with him than some blue cheese fat ass.

As far as a drug abuser, well, exactly what drug did/does he abuse? See, you don't know, I don't know, no one knows. Sure we all "know" he abuses steroids, but according to the majority of the population, anyone who can squat/bench/press/deadlift more than 95lbs is on them too. I believe you made a thread a while back about your new weight lifting accomplishments (1,000 club). There are a lot of people who would think you're on steroids if they ever saw you lift that much. Ronnie managed to make it on the job about 15 years without any use of force complaints, on or off duty, or showing up on anyone's radar for drug purchases, and is still that way today. So regardless of what we all "know", none of us know whether he's ever had an illegal narcotic in his life.

Yes, he was a full time Arlington PD officer for about 15 years. In the video posted he talks about how (at the time) he had been on the job for 12 years and was a 2 time Mr. Olympia. He quit being a full time cop at around 15 years and 5 time Mr. Olympia, and went on the be a reserve officer and 8 time Mr. Olympia. I think he left APD completely in 2007 or so.

You are right, I dont know how or when he did drugs...but he did. Nothing can change that. All the good he did doesnt change the fact that he abused illegal drugs.

Kilrain
12-08-2011, 10:40
You are right, I dont know how or when he did drugs...but he did. Nothing can change that. All the good he did doesnt change the fact that he abused illegal drugs.

"You are right, I don't know how or when he did good things...but he did. Nothing can change that. All the illegal drugs he used/abused doesn't change the fact that he did good things."

This statement is just as valid, no?

:dunno:

Rabbi
12-08-2011, 10:49
"You are right, I don't know how or when he did good things...but he did. Nothing can change that. All the illegal drugs he used/abused doesn't change the fact that he did good things."

This statement is just as valid, no?

:dunno:

Really? Are we, as Police Officers having this conversation?

"He fed the poor, he gave to charity, he single handedly killed the dragon....and only mugged people on the streets on thursdays...what a great guy!"

Kilrain
12-08-2011, 11:02
Really? Are we, as Police Officers having this conversation?

"He fed the poor, he gave to charity, he single handedly killed the dragon....and only mugged people on the streets on thursdays...what a great guy!"

I my comment wasn't an observation about ethics, morals or the law, it was comment on the basic logic of the statement. Ease up, it's just the internet.

Rabbi
12-08-2011, 11:20
I my comment wasn't an observation about ethics, morals or the law, it was comment on the basic logic of the statement. Ease up, it's just the internet.

But your logic doesnt do anything to prove a point against mine. It is just parallel logic.

Kilrain
12-08-2011, 11:34
But your logic doesnt do anything to prove a point against mine. It is just parallel logic.

I agree, it doesn't "prove a point against" yours, it negates it. It simply shows that the opposite statement it just as logically valid, hence the the rhetorical question that followed.

Can't we have fun around here anymore or does everything have to be serious?

:tongueout:

Rabbi
12-08-2011, 11:41
I agree, it doesn't "prove a point against" yours, it negates it. It simply shows that the opposite statement it just as logically valid, hence the the rhetorical question that followed.

Can't we have fun around here anymore or does everything have to be serious?

:tongueout:

Negation is a point...and pointing out someones strengths does not negate their weaknesses. That is not how "Logic" works.

Ronnie was a good officer.

Ronnie used illegal drugs.

Those two statements, upon their face, are both facts. however, the knowledge of those two facts dont negate each other at all.

Mayhem like Me
12-08-2011, 12:07
Negation is a point...and pointing out someones strengths does not negate their weaknesses. That is not how "Logic" works.

Those two statements, upon their face, are both facts. however, the knowledge of those two facts dont negate each other at all.

What the statements do show is how situational ethics have creeped into the profession...

Yes he was arrested for breaking the law...but.............

Kilrain
12-08-2011, 12:08

You made a statement. The opposite of that statement was made and is just as logically correct. If the original statement was made to "prove a point" as you put it, it doesn't in that the opposite is just as logically correct.

I'm not assigning value to the morals, ethics or lawfulness of the acts, just the fact that the second statement is just as logically correct as the first.

Are we arguing about arguing? Funny...:dunno:

Rabbi
12-08-2011, 12:15
You made a statement. The opposite of that statement was made and is just as logically correct. If the original statement was made to "prove a point" as you put it, it doesn't in that the opposite is just as logically correct.

I'm not assigning value to the morals, ethics or lawfulness of the acts, just the fact that the second statement is just as logically correct as the first.

Are we arguing about arguing? Funny...:dunno:

And again, you claim it "negates" my statment...it doesnt.

Ghost46
12-08-2011, 12:40
I'm a big fella right at 6'6" and 275# and every bit of that 275# is pure muscle.Relaxed muscle,but muscle nonetheless!:whistling:

Seriously that takes a lot of dedication to get that big even with "special vitamins"!

Kilrain
12-08-2011, 13:16
And again, you claim it "negates" my statment...it doesnt.

In so far as a statement was made to "prove a point" and the opposite of that statement is just as logically valid, yeah, I suppose I did. Perhaps a better way way to put would be both are just as valid, even though they are logically opposite?

Whatever works I suppose...or doesn't work?

Morris
12-08-2011, 13:28
He must have had a helluva time fitting in the front of the Vic, not to mention finding a vest big enough to adequately cover his chest and back.