For aippi - 870 pump action release lever [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For aippi - 870 pump action release lever

Cool Impala Glocker
12-05-2011, 18:41
Aippi -forgive me if my grammar isn't grammatically correct. I have an 870 and I abso-freakingly love it. Only one or two things I'd like changed. I'm a southpaw. The pump action release lever is a little too short for my liking. It makes a little awkward when trying to do it. Is there an extended lever? I know it'll look funny with an extended but who cares?

Also the safety...I'd like something more "tell-able" other than the red/black.

Can you help steer me? Can I change it out myself?

Thanks for your time
:wavey::wavey:

aippi
12-05-2011, 20:24
I can not recomend anything for the disconect. There are some after market things out there but I have no recommendation. Also, you have an advantage shooting left handed as the disconect is right infront of your trigger finger and you don't have to reach around as us right hand shooters do.

As for the safety, if it is sticking out the left side it is off safe and it flush on the left side is is on safe. Of course, oposit on the right side. Color on the safety is of little help since you will notice the postion first and of course in the dark it is by feel. The two safeties I recommend do not even have color bands for this reason.

You can also get a right hand eject/ left hand safety trigger plate assembly and this would make your right hand weapon a left hand safety. The part number is 112044 and they retail on the Remington parts list for $84. They are the cast metal trigger plate assemblies. This would also mean you are looking at the red safety band as it is now on the right side.

Kaybe
12-05-2011, 23:29
Also, when the safety is off, there is usually a grove cut around the circumference of the safety button, along with the red paint. If you push the safety on, no paint and no grove. Remember, Left off Right on! Not sure if Remington is still cutting groves on the safety buttons. Brownells probably has an over-sized safety button available if that is what you want. Just my two cents added. Not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to help.

ADK_40GLKr
12-13-2011, 16:09
The Remington slide action trigger safety is very intuitive for right handers - You push with your trigger finger before shooting. Unfortunately, not so for Lefties!

I've had "Remington Pump Guns" for over 50 years, 4 with the same action.

Would it work if you trained with your left ring finger reaching around the trigger guard and pushing the safety button on from the right side?

That, or AIPPI's idea, if it's worth $84 to ya.