Decisions, Decisions I Need Help! Please [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, Decisions I Need Help! Please

TangoFoxtrot
12-06-2011, 12:09
I'm on an AR budget of between $599-$699.

I've narrowed down my decision to:

S&W M&P 15 Sport......PSA 16" M4 .......DPMS M4

I'm using this weapon for home defense and range plinking. Whats your recommendation as to what I should purchase and why. In time I will be adding accessories like a new grip, Pic rails for a forward grip-handle. I already have 2 optics for it.

(Note: I do have 17- 30rd and 5- 20 rd mags.)

Thanks in advance!:wavey:

Facejackets
12-06-2011, 12:33
I would go with the PSA gun. The Sport feels like **** in your hands, and the DPMS is **** in your hands.

mvician
12-06-2011, 15:58
of those 3.......the PSA

bmoore
12-06-2011, 16:51
No contest......PSA

boomhower
12-06-2011, 18:05
The Sport or PSA, I would go with the PSA. A coworker has a Sport and I was actually pretty impressed with it for the money.

TunaFisherman
12-06-2011, 18:11
1. PSA
2.S&W
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/06/benjamin-t-shotzberger/%EF%BB%BF-gun-review-smith-and-wesson-mp15-sport/

WoodenPlank
12-06-2011, 18:29
PSA. My dad recently picked up a Sport, and really likes it. He did say it handled a lot better after he swapped the MOE stock off his other AR. The only one I have handled in person didn't seem like a bad rifle. I just wish it came with a standard upper receiver.

jrs93accord
12-06-2011, 18:39
PSA without a doubt.

Chowser
12-06-2011, 19:45
another vote for the PSA!

TangoFoxtrot
12-06-2011, 21:09
How is PSA's customer service?, anybody ever have to use it?

Chowser
12-06-2011, 21:51
customer service is excellent.

ordered my rifle kit in october (end of), got it first week of november.

opened box and took complete upper and tried it on a rifle at work, didn't even look at the lower parts.

after thanksgiving, i finally go to put the lower parts into my lower. hey, there's no fire control group.

checked the box.

checked the box again.

crap. it's wednesday night at 7pm. i shoot an email off to psa thinking they'll get to it in the morning. at 9pm, i got a response asking me to confirm i am missing parts.
i respond, i get an email that they will ship out the FCG the next day. thurs, i get a tracking #. monday, i get my fcg.

now i still haven't gotten around to finishing my rifle yet, but i will this weekend, then i'll post pics.

MrMurphy
12-07-2011, 03:33
Spend another hundred or so and get a regular S&W M&P15.

Chowser
12-07-2011, 07:37
my M&P15T has been great. It was easily the best $900 i spent. i don't know if you can get them for that price nowadays. only problem was the rails were mounted crooked from the factory. easy enough fix. I love the troy flip up sights it came with. the rail just got too big for me since i really didn't put anything on it. i'm going with the psa this time because i can build it exactly how i want and learn in the process.

IGotIt
12-07-2011, 07:42
How is PSA's customer service?, anybody ever have to use it?

Another vote for PSA.

Yes, I've used PSA customer service twice. Once I ordered lowers and the website didn't add the shipping. I was notified of the error and PSA came up with a solution to my satisfaction, and the second time I was sent the wrong item. I called and they shipped out the right item that day without waiting for the wrong one to be returned to them.

A+ in my book.

ColdBlooded
12-07-2011, 07:47
customer service is excellent.

ordered my rifle kit in october (end of), got it first week of november.

opened box and took complete upper and tried it on a rifle at work, didn't even look at the lower parts.

after thanksgiving, i finally go to put the lower parts into my lower. hey, there's no fire control group.

checked the box.

checked the box again.

crap. it's wednesday night at 7pm. i shoot an email off to psa thinking they'll get to it in the morning. at 9pm, i got a response asking me to confirm i am missing parts.
i respond, i get an email that they will ship out the FCG the next day. thurs, i get a tracking #. monday, i get my fcg.

now i still haven't gotten around to finishing my rifle yet, but i will this weekend, then i'll post pics.

While I still purchase from PSA, for their prices, they forgot to include a bolt release pin, and when I emailed them, their response was lackluster.

TangoFoxtrot
12-07-2011, 15:20
I see PSA leaves out the rear sight on their $599 model.

gryphthemyth
12-09-2011, 01:03
PSA has great prices on parts particularly their lower parts kits (which I've used a few times on builds) the only downfall I see to them is their fire control springs are a bit weak.

scromer
12-10-2011, 08:20
Another vote for PSA.......

TangoFoxtrot
12-11-2011, 16:59
Well I went with S&W and won't look back! Thanks guys for your input! ( With the exception of one)

Darkangel1846
12-11-2011, 21:19
Well I went with S&W and won't look back! Thanks guys for your input! ( With the exception of one)

You are a smart boy!:wavey: