Sig P250 Reliability [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sig P250 Reliability

shoresroad
12-07-2011, 11:18
Hi Mas,

I have owned a Sig P250 9mm Compact for about two years. It has about 800 rounds through it including about 300 HST 124 +P and has run flawlessly. I really like this pistol and shoot it well.

But over this same time I have read that the P250 has failed BATFE testing, that the FAM abandoned the P250's that they had already purchased and taken delivery of, and now just recently the P250 failed final testing by the Dutch National Police who cancelled their contract to buy them.

Could you please offer your perspective on two questions:

1. If all of the above is true, is Sig producing too many P250 "lemons" to suit these agencies, or are there fundamental design problems in all P250's.

2. Regarding potential future reliability, if you owned a P250 that you had proven to the extent I have above, would you have confidence carrying it as your primary CCW.

Thank you for your help and all that you have done in this forum over the past few years helping folks like me.

Mas Ayoob
12-08-2011, 08:16
There have apparently been trigger bar issue in some production runs. They seem to show up early on. I had a defective one, and the failure showed up in the first 100 rounds. SIG took care of it expediently.

I personally like the P250. If you have one that works, I wouldn't worry about it.

best,
Mas