I've done too good a job...Underwood. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I've done too good a job...Underwood.

rcd567
12-07-2011, 11:46
Finally got my replacement credit card and went to Underwoods website. 135's, 180's, and 200's...out of stock.:crying: Do we have some horders in the crowd?:shocked:

I should have kept my mouth shut about Underwood Ammo, but NOOO, I've got to tell everyone.:upeyes:

And to top it off, I let three nice bucks walk on my property so far this season and posted them on Underwoods facebook page, and never got a sniff of a discount coupon.:crying:

I'll just have to keep checking back.

21Carrier
12-07-2011, 11:55
You don't need to check back. You need to take that money to your local Cabela's or wherever, and buy a reloading setup. I'm sure Underwood's ammo is great. But there's NOTHING like your own ammo. No excuses. You have the money, you need ammo, go do it! If you do have somewhere in town with reloading supplies, you could be making ammo TODAY. By the time the sun sets, you could have a reloading setup and at least a few hundred rounds. Just sayin . . .

ColGlocker
12-07-2011, 13:11
FWIW, I just visited the site, and he has 165 and 180's in stock.

rcd567
12-07-2011, 14:38
You don't need to check back. You need to take that money to your local Cabela's or wherever, and buy a reloading setup. I'm sure Underwood's ammo is great. But there's NOTHING like your own ammo. No excuses. You have the money, you need ammo, go do it! If you do have somewhere in town with reloading supplies, you could be making ammo TODAY. By the time the sun sets, you could have a reloading setup and at least a few hundred rounds. Just sayin . . .

Already have a reloader. Been doing that for about 35 years. How-some-ever it takes time to build up a load. Time is what I'm short of at this point. And I can load the starline brass Underwood uses once I've shot his stuff.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to be one of the reasons they're sold out are you?:impatient:

21Carrier
12-07-2011, 16:40
Already have a reloader. Been doing that for about 35 years. How-some-ever it takes time to build up a load. Time is what I'm short of at this point. And I can load the starline brass Underwood uses once I've shot his stuff.

Hey, you wouldn't happen to be one of the reasons they're sold out are you?:impatient:

Nope, I don't buy ammo. You mean it takes time to work up and test a good, safe load? If that's what you meant, I'll do the work for you. Here is a great load approximating Underwood's 180@1300 load:

180gr whatever/CCI 300/10.4-10.5gr Blue Dot/COAL 1.260". That's an accurate, safe, near full power load. I know I love it, my shooting buddy shoots lots of it, and Shadow shoots the hell out of it. I think Shadow even uses it with cast bullets. It should do around 1250fps. You can go up to about 10.8gr (or more) safely.

Taterhead
12-07-2011, 17:17
Nope, I don't buy ammo. You mean it takes time to work up and test a good, safe load? If that's what you meant, I'll do the work for you. Here is a great load approximating Underwood's 180@1300 load:

180gr whatever/CCI 300/10.4-10.5gr Blue Dot/COAL 1.260". That's an accurate, safe, near full power load. I know I love it, my shooting buddy shoots lots of it, and Shadow shoots the hell out of it. I think Shadow even uses it with cast bullets. It should do around 1250fps. You can go up to about 10.8gr (or more) safely.

That is a good load. A little slower through my G20. 10.6 gr with an XTP is 1225 fps. You are right that it is a good handling load that feels fairly powerful. By the way, that is one of the 5 loads I shipped to twisted1 for hog testing. I would have sent something with a bit more velocity, but that is what I had onhand. Should do the job though.

leeward419
12-07-2011, 17:23
Im using 10.7 BD, CCI Primer, XTP 180 loads in my 10mm, shoots nice and is accurate at 25 yards. May need to tweek a little more after I get a red dot/scope, will be evaluating out to 50 yards.

kjunderwood
12-07-2011, 21:55
Finally got my replacement credit card and went to Underwoods website. 135's, 180's, and 200's...out of stock.:crying: Do we have some horders in the crowd?:shocked:

I should have kept my mouth shut about Underwood Ammo, but NOOO, I've got to tell everyone.:upeyes:

And to top it off, I let three nice bucks walk on my property so far this season and posted them on Underwoods facebook page, and never got a sniff of a discount coupon.:crying:

I'll just have to keep checking back.

We've been waiting on our brass shipment - tracking it says it will arrive Friday, ready to ship most of our 10mm's on Monday. The bullets for the 135's should be arriving early next week and those will be back on the shelves.

dryfly
12-07-2011, 23:09
Tagged....Hey Kevin...any 200gr hardcast in the future ?

rcd567
12-08-2011, 11:19
We've been waiting on our brass shipment - tracking it says it will arrive Friday, ready to ship most of our 10mm's on Monday. The bullets for the 135's should be arriving early next week and those will be back on the shelves.

So when you get your brass, you'll be able to make more 10mm 200gr boolets?

freakshow10mm
12-08-2011, 11:36
Try 9.2gr Longshot set to 1.250 with a 180gr bullet (jacketed or cast). Same speed as Blue Dot, uses less powder, more forgiving of temperature, tighter ES, meters more accurately through a powder measure, less muzzle flash, smoother pressure curve, and is more accurate. Blue Dot needs to be pushed hard to get ROI that's worthwhile. Longshot is superior to Blue Dot as a powder for 10mm Auto.

kjunderwood
12-08-2011, 21:16
All back in stock and up on the website except for the 135gr's ... those should be back within a few weeks - just waiting on our bullet shipment.

brausso
12-08-2011, 21:31
All back in stock and up on the website except for the 135gr's ... those should be back within a few weeks - just waiting on our bullet shipment.

This may have already been covered, but what kind of bullets are you using? I heard gold dot may be in the near future

SolidBrass
12-08-2011, 21:45
I've only got 700 Underwood rounds so on hand don't blame me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbqNyRC3L4U

kjunderwood
12-08-2011, 21:49
This may have already been covered, but what kind of bullets are you using? I heard gold dot may be in the near future

What particular round are you interested in? We use quite a few.

And yes, Gold Dot order has already been placed - just waiting on the Speer shipment. Haven't been given a date yet.

SolidBrass
12-08-2011, 22:00

And yes, Gold Dot order has already been placed - just waiting on the Speer shipment. Haven't been given a date yet.

Tagged....Hey Kevin...any 200gr hardcast in the future ?

I'm all for the 200+gr hardcast! Think Bear defense round.

brausso
12-08-2011, 22:12

10mm of course. Ideally 180 and 135.

SolidBrass
12-08-2011, 22:33

Those are for sale right now.(?) :upeyes:

For the Future? Big hardcast 10mm.:cool:

arushus
12-08-2011, 23:38
Kevin, correct me if Im wrong, but arent your JHP's winchester unless otherwise listed? And I have no clue about the FMJ, Zero maybe?

deadandgone
12-10-2011, 15:13
Shot some 135 and 180 Underwood 10 mm at the range today...I have a nice smile. It is the real deal, real 10 mm. I know I'm only the four hundredth person to say so....but I like it. I will buy more. Thanks Kevin.

rcd567
12-10-2011, 15:56

Got me some 200 grain JHP and of course some of my personal favorite, the 165 grain rounds coming.:supergrin:

rcd567
12-11-2011, 09:49
Try 9.2gr Longshot set to 1.250 with a 180gr bullet (jacketed or cast). Same speed as Blue Dot, uses less powder, more forgiving of temperature, tighter ES, meters more accurately through a powder measure, less muzzle flash, smoother pressure curve, and is more accurate. Blue Dot needs to be pushed hard to get ROI that's worthwhile. Longshot is superior to Blue Dot as a powder for 10mm Auto.

Thanks, I'll try working up to that longshot load. I've got about 4 pounds of Longshot to load.:supergrin:

kjunderwood
12-11-2011, 19:04

Just changed the 180gr JHPs to Montana Gold.
135grs are Nosler.

About the hardcast to those asking - it's definitely something we want to eventually do, but there are quite a few "to do's" in front of it.