That's it, I'm done. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : That's it, I'm done.

RyanNREMTP
12-07-2011, 14:58
Took my TCLEOSE this morning and I scored an 84. Graduation is tomorrow night. So now I just need to find a reserve spot nearby. I just so freaking glad its over. Now I can relax and enjoy myself.

Cochese
12-07-2011, 15:06
You know what they call the guy that got an 84 on his TCLEOSE?

Officer. :patriot:

MedicOni
12-07-2011, 15:16
Congrats buddy!

packsaddle
12-07-2011, 15:22
congratulations!

RocPO
12-07-2011, 15:26
Congrats bro!

Good luck with the reserve gig hunt.

Patchman
12-07-2011, 15:30
Whatever TCLEOSE is, congrats for passing and finishing.

Give yourself a pat on the back and have a beer on me!

trdvet
12-07-2011, 15:52
Whatever TCLEOSE is

POST for Texas.

Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education.

RyanNREMTP
12-07-2011, 15:59
Thanks everyone.

acpd541
12-07-2011, 16:04
Whatever TCLEOSE is, congrats for passing and finishing.

Give yourself a pat on the back and have a beer on me!
Texas Clown Law Enforcement Office of Special Endeavors

:supergrin:

Seriously, Congrats.

Rabbi
12-07-2011, 16:42
Now I can relax and enjoy myself.

Welcome to the club!

...however now you have to get hired and survive FTO... :whistling: You will not relax nor will you enjoy yourself :tongueout:

RyanNREMTP
12-07-2011, 17:12
Texas Clown Law Enforcement Office of Special Endeavors

:supergrin:

Seriously, Congrats.

I like that. That is better than what we came up with.

Welcome to the club!

...however now you have to get hired and survive FTO... :whistling: You will not relax nor will you enjoy yourself :tongueout:

If I get on where I want to then I'll both hate it and enjoy it.

The-Fly
12-07-2011, 17:53

I was about to say "PIG!" myself :pig:

steveksux
12-07-2011, 20:17

Officer. :patriot:I thought it was BOOT!

Congrats!

Randy

1041TX
12-07-2011, 21:13
Congrats! Now the hard part starts!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Ajon412
12-08-2011, 03:30
Congrats....and good luck...:wavey:

RyanNREMTP
12-08-2011, 08:16
Now my exile from GNG begins.

PinkoCommie
12-08-2011, 08:54
Done? You've barely just begun...

Sharkey
12-08-2011, 09:02
Welcome to the club!

Exactly. Academy was stress free compared to the FTO program. When I took the test 20yrs. ago, a lot of the questions were very tricky.

Congrats. Keep your nose clean, put bad guys in jail, and be proud of what you do because it ain't for everyone.

S.O.Interceptor
12-08-2011, 09:53
Congratulations.

I still don't know what my score was. Back then we took the test on paper, left, waited about a month, and got a 1 sentence letter that said "You have passed/failed the TCLEOSE Basic Peace Officer exam." Opening that letter was horribly stressful.

And as others have said, the easy part is over. Let the stress begin.

Rabbi
12-08-2011, 10:13
Congratulations.

I still don't know what my score was. Back then we took the test on paper, left, waited about a month, and got a 1 sentence letter that said "You have passed/failed the TCLEOSE Basic Peace Officer exam." Opening that letter was horribly stressful.

And as others have said, the easy part is over. Let the stress begin.

We did it on a computer at St. Mary's University in San Antonio. As soon as I hit "finished" I walked up to the front of the room and a proctor gave me a printout with my score.

1041TX
12-08-2011, 11:41
I remember the guy holding my printout asked "how did you do?" I replied "Pretty good, I think...." He then replies "Well sometimes we don't do as well as we had hoped...."

.......I got a 90. Dude must get a kick out of giving people heart attacks.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine.

S.O.Interceptor
12-08-2011, 11:47
We did it on a computer at St. Mary's University in San Antonio. As soon as I hit "finished" I walked up to the front of the room and a proctor gave me a printout with my score.

Yup. All of my friends who have gotten into law enforcement in the last few years got to do this. Hell we had to drive to Austin because TCLEOSE only gave the exam there, and a few remote locations like El Paso and Amarillo. They didn't do it on computer so a TCLEOSE rep had to be there to observe the test and collect the papers and take them back to Austin.

I remember the guy holding my printout asked "how did you do?" I replied "Pretty good, I think...." He then replies "Well sometimes we don't do as well as we had hoped...."

.......I got a 90. Dude must get a kick out of giving people heart attacks.

That must have been an actual TCLEOSE employee. They do that to literally everyone. Pass or fail, they mess with you. I haven't heard of anyone who has taken the test in the last few years that didn't get messed with. As if TCLEOSE didn't mess with officers enough as it is.

Rabbi
12-08-2011, 11:57
Yup. All of my friends who have gotten into law enforcement in the last few years got to do this. Hell we had to drive to Austin because TCLEOSE only gave the exam there, and a few remote locations like El Paso and Amarillo. They didn't do it on computer so a TCLEOSE rep had to be there to observe the test and collect the papers and take them back to Austin.

That must have been an actual TCLEOSE employee. They do that to literally everyone. Pass or fail, they mess with you. I haven't heard of anyone who has taken the test in the last few years that didn't get messed with. As if TCLEOSE didn't mess with officers enough as it is.

A few from my Academy drove up to Austin because they had slots a week before St. Mary's. I didnt mind the wait.

...and I feel cheated, no one messed with me.

1041TX
12-08-2011, 12:01

Eh, it didn't bug me too much, I figured they wouldn't mess with me unless I actually passed. That would just be cruel! Maybe I need to work for TCLEOSE....

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

MeefZah
12-08-2011, 14:17
Congrats!

Sgt127
12-08-2011, 15:27
I just so freaking glad its over. Now I can relax and enjoy myself.

I just got my 25 year certificate. And, at the bottom of my TMRS page, it says "You are eligible to retire."

I can say I'm freaking glad its over if I want to. You? Not so much.

:tongueout:

Go have fun, I wouldn't have done anything different...

RyanNREMTP
12-08-2011, 16:05
I just got my 25 year certificate. And, at the bottom of my TMRS page, it says "You are eligible to retire."

I can say I'm freaking glad its over if I want to. You? Not so much.

:tongueout:

Go have fun, I wouldn't have done anything different...

Very true there. Hopefully in four years I'll be able to say that and retire from EMS.

It's never over till you stop breathing.

Cochese
12-08-2011, 16:06
How old are ya?

Sgt127
12-08-2011, 20:53
How old are ya?

Yeah, no kidding, I thought you were some kid rookie. I didn't know you had a bunch of years in already in the public safety field.

Good job!

drider
12-08-2011, 21:21
Congrats! I plan make a post similar like yours in late May 2012.

Sgt127
12-08-2011, 22:46
Heres how you knew you passed 25 years ago. You filled out a card with your information on the back. You took the test and, a couple weeks later, this showed up in the mail.

I was an intermediate Reserve, I took the hours for Advanced Reserve and then took the TECLEOSE test. The test for Basic Peace Officer and advanced Reserve was the same, so was the ID card from the state, it simply said "Peace Officer".

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/sgt127/photo.jpg

Look like this S.O. Interceptor? Mine wasn't even an envelope. Just a postcard. 70 or 100, I'll never know.

RyanNREMTP
12-09-2011, 16:12
How old are ya?

I'll be turning 36 in a week or so. I started in EMS when I was 19 and was a volunteer firefighter on and off since I was 17. Figured I would go for the triad and do the law enforcement bit. I've been a medic on a SWAT team for almost five years now. So I've a lot of encouragement to keep me going. It helps having a wife who hates what I do but supports me.

RyanNREMTP
12-09-2011, 16:13
Heres how you knew you passed 25 years ago. You filled out a card with your information on the back. You took the test and, a couple weeks later, this showed up in the mail.

I was an intermediate Reserve, I took the hours for Advanced Reserve and then took the TECLEOSE test. The test for Basic Peace Officer and advanced Reserve was the same, so was the ID card from the state, it simply said "Peace Officer".

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/sgt127/photo.jpg

Look like this S.O. Interceptor? Mine wasn't even an envelope. Just a postcard. 70 or 100, I'll never know.

That's pretty cool.

Ghost46
12-09-2011, 17:25
Took my TCLEOSE this morning and I scored an 84. Graduation is tomorrow night. So now I just need to find a reserve spot nearby. I just so freaking glad its over. Now I can relax and enjoy myself.
Congratulations and best of luck in your future endeavors.
Now my exile from GNG begins.

In the short time I have been a member on GT I have noticed a great deal of hate and discontent for LEO's in GNG and elsewhere on this forum.
Whats up with that?:dunno:

ditchdoc24
12-10-2011, 02:23
Congratulations. I got out of full time EMS after 20 years and moved over to LE about 3 years ago. It's been one of the best things I have ever done. Good luck to you!

Kahr_Glockman
12-10-2011, 05:01
Sgt127,

I took mine 9 years ago on Dec 19. We had a TCLEOSE employee come to the SWTJC campus in Uvalde.

I got a letter in the mail around Jan 3 2003.

All it said was

Mr. KG

You passed the the basic peace officer examination.

That was it. Nothing else. A 8x11 piece of paper for one sentence and a header. I still have that letter. In fact, I may frame it. That way I can prove that they notified me that way. It was great.

Several of my class didnt pass and had to drive to Austin to retake the test. Now there are approved testing sites all over the state. And it tells you what you made on each section. Really nifty.

Wonder140
12-11-2011, 18:02

Grats!!

Relax? Good luck relaxing in fto...LOL! If your reserve I guess it might be abit different doing fto vs full time in fto. If you keep your mouth shut, listen and do what your told, you will do alright. Take a bit from each fto and make it your own way of doing business. One fto might want you to do something his way while another fto will want the same thing his way which is a complete different way. Just gotta roll with it. Don't ever say, this is what they said to do in academy or this is what my other fto said to do. Fto's talk amongst each other and you don't want to be that guy so just do it and move on. Goes back to my earlier statement of keeping mouth shut, listen and do what your told.

Don't sweat the small stuff, always know where you are and don't be an arsehole.

Good luck!

G27Chief
12-11-2011, 19:04
Congratulations