Got it in the house.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Got it in the house..

Landy
12-07-2011, 18:55
The wife gave me a Hornady LnL AP for my birthday today.
My bench is just a small work space for the time being.( New shed on the drawing board) .
So got the Lee single removed and a quick trip to Home Depot tomorrow to pick up a couple bolts and a few adjustments and it will be in service.
Wife tells me to get it done and start reloading those 9mm(about 4000) for her.. LOL
Landy

bush pilot
12-07-2011, 19:03
4,000 rounds of 9mm? It's all about her LOL. Congrats on the new press, pics?

BK63
12-07-2011, 19:26
The only thing my wife ever gave me for my birthday was a mountain bike, and a crappy cheap one at that. She's not around anymore. Congrats on a great gift.

F106 Fan
12-07-2011, 19:28
Happy birthday! It's my birthday too but if I want another loader, I'll have to buy it myself.

Richard

thorn137
12-07-2011, 19:29
Happy Birthday! :)

- and enjoy the press. It's a great one!

thorn

Breadman03
12-07-2011, 19:36
When I set mine up, I had to adjust the indexing tabs a little bit. Enjoy!

Landy
12-07-2011, 19:54
Thanks for the good words.
The one thing that helps, my wife is the purchasing manager for a local gun shop. I work there every once in a while. They have a reloading room with this press and a single in it. The idea is for those that can't afford the equipment can rent time to reload. Modeled after the Hobby shops on most Military bases.
We just need to finish setting it up. But I have a little time on that AP already.
So all is well . Thanks again. Have a Merry Christmas guys.. Landy

bush pilot
12-07-2011, 20:22
Thanks for the good words.
The one thing that helps, my wife is the purchasing manager for a local gun shop. I work there every once in a while. They have a reloading room with this press and a single in it. The idea is for those that can't afford the equipment can rent time to reload. Modeled after the Hobby shops on most Military bases.
We just need to finish setting it up. But I have a little time on that AP already.
So all is well . Thanks again. Have a Merry Christmas guys.. Landy

Your wife is a purchasing manager for a gun shop? That qualifies her as a keeper already.

PCJim
12-07-2011, 20:28
Your wife is a purchasing manager for a gun shop? That qualifies her as a keeper already.

Agreed!

Landy, add your location (or something vaguely close) to your profile. It might drum up some additional business for the store.

bush pilot
12-07-2011, 20:34
Agreed!

Landy, add your location (or something vaguely close) to your profile. It might drum up some additional business for the store.

Don't do it, he just wants to steal your press and hit on your wife.

EL_NinO619
12-07-2011, 21:23
She sounds like a Keeper, And I'm talking about the press.

creophus
12-08-2011, 06:35
Landy you are a blessed man. Happy Birthday!

meleors
12-08-2011, 09:40
Hell, I wish my wife Peg just worked period!

PCJim
12-08-2011, 15:29

Come on now, give a guy a break... :supergrin:

Landy
12-08-2011, 19:00

Better watch out she shoots real good as well. LOL

StaTiK
12-08-2011, 19:04
They have a reloading room with this press and a single in it. The idea is for those that can't afford the equipment can rent time to reload. Modeled after the Hobby shops on most Military bases.

Whoa whoa, you mean the hobby shop on my local military base might have a reloading room!? I've driven past that place a thousand times and never stopped because, let's be honest, what would I need with a model train set?

-StaTiK-

creophus
12-09-2011, 09:05
Whoa whoa, you mean the hobby shop on my local military base might have a reloading room!? I've driven past that place a thousand times and never stopped because, let's be honest, what would I need with a model train set?

-StaTiK-

Well duh! You don't see the many trains on that military base now do you? :rofl:

Landy
12-09-2011, 15:53

-StaTiK-

No we just took the idea of the Hobby shops and made it work for the reloading room.
The shop has had a few reloading classes and they have gone over real good.
SO we just figured some people can't just up and drop the $$$ to get all setup all at once or just don't have the room.. . So the idea of a reloading room was born.

unclebob
12-09-2011, 16:05

-StaTiK-
Most military hobby shops have were you can work on your car, wood working, ceramic, etc. I donít think they would have a place for reloading there. If there is a gun club there they might. We did when I was stationed at Dover Delaware at the gun club.

Well duh! You don't see the many trains on that military base now do you? :rofl:
Yes some military bases have trains.

1in9twist
12-09-2011, 16:07
The only thing my wife ever gave me for my birthday was a mountain bike, and a crappy cheap one at that. She's not around anymore. Congrats on a great gift.

:rofl:

rockymtnhorror
12-09-2011, 16:14
Just don't make my mistake. I was adjusting the decapping/sizing die on my new LnL. I was testing it on a case, something stuck, and I muscled it. I sheared off an indexing pawl. Fortunately Hornady sent me a replacement free of charge, and I got it in two days. I still have to find time to install it, though. . .