Wisconsin CC ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin CC ?

zini1
12-07-2011, 20:03
I would never carry in a government building or school but what are the consequences for carrying at say a Pizza Hut that posts there building bans CC?

vafish
12-07-2011, 21:36
Your answer should be in here:

http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/acts/35.pdf

EAJuggalo
12-08-2011, 07:38
Up to a $1000 fine. If you see a Pizza Hut posted I would send that information to Corporate. I'm fairly sure that the parent company will not be happy that franchisees are turning away customers for something that has been a non issue in 39 other states.

eclark53520
12-08-2011, 07:47
Up to a $1000 fine. If you see a Pizza Hut posted I would send that information to Corporate. I'm fairly sure that the parent company will not be happy that franchisees are turning away customers for something that has been a non issue in 39 other states.

Yup.

Civil forfeiture not to exceed $1000.

pugman
12-08-2011, 14:00
Its a non-issue.

If I see a sign...they are losing my business..period.

cowboy1964
12-08-2011, 15:20

My local Huts here in Ohio are posted too. My guess it's either corporate policy or left up to the franchisee.

EAJuggalo
12-08-2011, 19:13
It's not corporate policy. We have corporate owned Pizza Huts, Taco Bells, Sonics etc. here and none of them are posted. I would send an email to Corporate and let them know they are losing business because of the signs. It's possible that the Managers or Franchisee posted without knowledge of the higher ups. If that's the case it will come down quickly. I know Papa John's has a corporate policy to not post and in MN a couple managers got fired for posting their stores.

Quiet
12-11-2011, 09:36
Per WI law, if a business posts a "no guns" sign, then they assume liability if anything happens within their business.

http://www.wbay.com/story/16167955/2011/12/01/concealed-carry-signs-are-a-catch-22-for-businesses#.TtkOnXYpByg.gmail
Therefore, according to the Professional Insurance Agents of Wisconsin, a business that does ban concealed weapons with a sign does assume some liability for an accident.

EAJuggalo
12-12-2011, 07:42
Not exactly, what the law has is a statutory exemption from liability for any business that does not post. This does not explicitly state that those that post are held liable, although they could. You still would have to prove your case in a court of law.

I really wish the bar owner was intelligent enough to have read the law before speaking to the media. He claims "Alcohol and firearms don't mix" It's illegal to drink in a licensed establishment in WI while carrying. You may be in an establishment but not drinking while carrying. But what else should I expect out of Green Bay.