Just ordered my first shotgun! Benelli M2 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my first shotgun! Benelli M2

edrex
12-08-2011, 09:50
Found a great deal on a basic synthetic stock M2 w/ 18.5 barrel and rifle sights. Now the fun begins... along with the questions.
What should I do before I shoot it? Is there a break in period?
I plan on getting a Nordic extension. Any other must do mods?
Any accessories I should be looking at?
Thanks, as always, and Merry Christmas to me!:cool:

Bello
12-08-2011, 12:19
check out www.benelliusa.com and hit the forums great gun man very good choice. there are many other semis that are poor choices out there check the forums im also bello there too

Big Bird
12-08-2011, 19:15
Just go shoot it. If it has trouble cycling light loads you can just shoot it a couple hundred rounds and the spring will wear in or you can spend $12 for a reduced power spring from Wolf. I had no issues out of the box with my standard M2 tactical or my other three Benelli field guns with light loads. My M2 entry gun had some issues but the Wolf Spring solved it and over 500 shells later I have no issues even with cheap Federal and Winchester Field Wally World shells. On my M2 Tactical I used a Dave's Metal Works extension which was perfect. I have since gone to an NFA M2 Entry gun (14") and no longer need the DMW 7 shot extension. So I have an original Benelli Pistol Grip stock and a DMW extension AND a Mesa tactical buttstock 5 round shell holder (Replaces the buttstock sling swivel on one side) in like new condition I'll send your way for a great price. PM me if you are interested. These are listed for sale on the Classified ads here with pics.

Just go shoot the Benelli. You won't find a sweeter gun.

Z71bill
12-10-2011, 08:42
I go through a phase about every 6 months and want a 12 gauge semi auto

I really like the Benelli M2- but the 14 3/8 inch LOP is just too darn long -

Any shorter stock options - that retain the cool Benelli recoil pad?

DHSGMAN
12-10-2011, 12:00
Bill just jump off of the fence and get a Mossberg 930SPX, the length of pull is a tad shorter and with a standard stock it is manageable. You won't be out $800 to $1K either. If you don't like it you could sell it for a few bucks less than you paid for it. But I think you'll like it.

DHSGMAN
12-10-2011, 13:00
Z71bill, Urbino has a new short LOP stock for the Benelli shotguns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhkW9YxT4Ok

ScrappyDoo
12-10-2011, 19:03
"there are many other semis that are poor choices out there"

Congratulations. You just posted the absolutely best most obvious redundant useless post in the history of the internet.

Big Bird
12-11-2011, 14:13
The Mesa Tactical Urbino stock is the answer for the too long factory stock on the Benelli M2 and M4. They run about $130. Very high quality. I have one on my M2 and just ordered one for my M4 to bring it into compliance once I install the full length magazine tube.

Z71bill
12-12-2011, 08:33
The Mesa Tactical Urbino stock is the answer for the too long factory stock on the Benelli M2 and M4. They run about $130. Very high quality. I have one on my M2 and just ordered one for my M4 to bring it into compliance once I install the full length magazine tube.

Does the stock Benelli recoil pad fit the Urbino stock?

or come with a quality pad ?

or do I need to buy an after marker Limbsaver (or similar) pad for the Urbino stock.

I know this is sort of picky and technical - but I really like the look/ feel of the Benelli ComforTech pad

Want the M2 - stick an extended choke tube on it and go shoot some clays - switch back to IC choke and have a HD gun.

Could swap out the recoil pad for the shorter version - wonder how much the shorter pad would impact felt recoil?

EDIT:

I don't have a problem paying $1,200 for a gun - the $45 extended choke tube is not that bad - But $100 for a recoil pad?:shocked:

Bello
12-12-2011, 10:44
"there are many other semis that are poor choices out there"

Congratulations. You just posted the absolutely best most obvious redundant useless post in the history of the internet.

i was referring to the main and still number pos mossberg 930spx justa fyi

Bello
12-12-2011, 10:44
Bill just jump off of the fence and get a Mossberg 930SPX, the length of pull is a tad shorter and with a standard stock it is manageable. You won't be out $800 to $1K either. If you don't like it you could sell it for a few bucks less than you paid for it. But I think you'll like it.

ya if he wants to buy garbage

Big Bird
12-13-2011, 05:35
Does the stock Benelli recoil pad fit the Urbino stock?

or come with a quality pad ?

or do I need to buy an after marker Limbsaver (or similar) pad for the Urbino stock.

I know this is sort of picky and technical - but I really like the look/ feel of the Benelli ComforTech pad

Want the M2 - stick an extended choke tube on it and go shoot some clays - switch back to IC choke and have a HD gun.

Could swap out the recoil pad for the shorter version - wonder how much the shorter pad would impact felt recoil?

EDIT:

I don't have a problem paying $1,200 for a gun - the $45 extended choke tube is not that bad - But $100 for a recoil pad?:shocked:

No. the Urbino uses a Limbsaver recoil pad and its dimensionally different than the Benelli pad. The Urbino is very comfortable to shoot.
However, if you have a field gun I would stick with the longer stock. A short stock on a tactical/HD gun has several advantages but for field use most shooter will benefit from the longer LOP.