Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence' [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fort Hood Massacre 'Workplace Violence'

Ajon412
12-08-2011, 11:22
.....:steamed:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/06/military-growing-terrorist-target-lawmakers-warn/

I guess BG's that commit home invasions are now just "unwanted guests"....and the downward spiral of PC continues....

TexasFats
12-08-2011, 14:51
I don't care what the PC Administration says. It was domestic terrorism. I am so sick of PC that I could simply throw up.

:puking::puking:

Sharkey
12-08-2011, 16:42
Well he was violent at work.

The admin. just forgets to mention what he said when he started shooting, his religious affiliation, his communication with a now dead terrorist, etc.

Kinda like Solyndra was just a bad business venture, the economy is getting better, Holder didn't know about fast n furious, he really doesn't know Ayers or what Wright said for over a decade.

What's scarey is that there are a lot of people who will still vote for him.

Sam Spade
12-08-2011, 19:13
Classic example of coming up with something that's correct, and yet totally wrong.

Cav
12-08-2011, 19:19
I can see it both ways.

He was a guy that brought guns to work and caused violence at his work place. He did not go to a school, he went to his work and opened fire.

Think about his job, the job he was assigned to in the Army, the soldiers he had to talk to every day and how they felt about "Muslims".

I am guessing his issue was work place related and being around soldiers that felt a set way to all Muslims changed him.

Dragoon44
12-08-2011, 20:24
.....:steamed:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/06/military-growing-terrorist-target-lawmakers-warn/

I guess BG's that commit home invasions are now just "unwanted guests"....and the downward spiral of PC continues....

No, they are "undocumented residents".

:wavey:

Ajon412
12-09-2011, 12:00
No, they are "undocumented residents".

:wavey:

:rofl::rofl:

Zut
12-09-2011, 17:36
What made this even worse is that the chicken **** CO had been warned repeatedly that something like this was going to happen and sat on it. He figured it would ruin his career to investigate or discipline a racial/religious minority. Perp does look good sitting in his wheelchair (forever) though...

10-32
12-09-2011, 17:56
I've seen "workplace violence" and I was also there when this jaghole shot up the SRP site.
Ft Hood was a lot more than "workplace violence".
This was brewing long before it happened, and there was no doubt in his mind when he woke up that morning what he was going to do.
It was a premeditated act of terrorism and mass murder, plain and simple.

WarCry
12-09-2011, 18:04
What made this even worse is that the chicken **** CO had been warned repeatedly that something like this was going to happen and sat on it. He figured it would ruin his career to investigate or discipline a racial/religious minority. Perp does look good sitting in his wheelchair (forever) though...

Oh, he won't be in it forever. The military does still have executions on the books....

Hack
12-10-2011, 00:45
Oh, he won't be in it forever. The military does still have executions on the books....

But they are very seldom done. And, guess which agency takes care of that. If you guessed my agency, you are correct. It used to be taken care of on Fort Leavenworth, but they don't do that any longer. Eventually he will be transferred to the BOP to serve out his sentence.

And, it sure was work place violence; along with premeditated acts of murder, and mayhem. Basically, it was both. It has no doubt been brewing for a long time, and I sincerely believe we have not seen the last of that kind of thing. The DOD needs to get their heads together on how to deal with possible future acts of this kind. I think it would be best dealt with by putting each military person through the tests given to all civilian and military law enforcement, as to security checks, back ground investigations, psychological evaluations. After a person has been in the military for at least one year, or has seen combat action without being charged with field grade article 15 actions or worse, then they should be required to carry a concealed weapon off duty on their post/base, and state side and within the US territories off duty off post/base as well. This way they can have a ready defence for themselves and for others. Their concealed weapon should be issued to them from the unit armory, and they should be required to carry on that which they are issued to keep standardization of concealed weapons intact.

10-32
12-10-2011, 00:49
...And, it sure was work place violence; along with premeditated acts of murder, and mayhem.

I guess when I think "workplace violence" I think something much less severe or maybe something having to do with a more discernible, directly work-related incident. The term just seems too "light" to me

Hack
12-10-2011, 00:55
I guess when I think "workplace violence" I think something much less severe or maybe something having to do with a more discernible, directly work-related incident. The term just seems too "light" to me

Well, I have been trained concerning this, as required by my agency, for working within my agency at my facility. I know for a fact what workplace violence can lead to. Many times it may not be any more than hostile acts of violence in words, or a fist fight for that matter. But, I also know that it can lead to incidents that consists of hostile acts with a weapon. For us work place violence can mean anything to do with the work place, even for off duty incidents between employees on or off the agency properties.

10-32
12-10-2011, 00:57
Well, I have been trained concerning this, as required by my agency, for working within my agency at my facility. I know for a fact what workplace violence can lead to. Many times it may not be any more than hostile acts of violence in words, or a fist fight for that matter. But, I also know that it can lead to incidents that consists of hostile acts with a weapon. For us work place violence can mean anything to do with the work place, even for off duty incidents between employees on or off the agency properties.

That makes sense. I guess whenever I hear about this particular thing I have a hard time not remembering that day and getting just as pissed as I was then

Hack
12-10-2011, 01:02
That makes sense. I guess whenever I hear about this particular thing I have a hard time not remembering that day and getting just as pissed as I was then

I hear you there. I am still pissed off about this, and what led up to it.

Eyescream
12-10-2011, 01:10

Would his travel into and out of a courtroom be termed a perp roll, instead of a perp walk?

kirgi08
12-10-2011, 01:34
:dunno:

TXMary
12-10-2011, 05:44
But they are very seldom done.

But remember where this took place---Texas

Manolito1
12-10-2011, 07:09
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA531694
This is the complete report. As with most news stories they only have a short time to gain your interest and then move on. Reading the entire report you will note they never referred to the shooter by name or title. The report also has some very interesting points worth reading I think. There have been over fourty confirmed attacks on military bases and military personell or attempts that have been thwarted.
I will make a guess that this was nothing more than a decision to help the families in giving them a cause of action for a wrongful death case. I am not an attorney so I will hope to hear from one in response.
I hope the shooter lives a very long time in a isolation ward in a Federal prison full of red neck southern boys for guards that are all former Army.
Respectfully,
Bill

WarCry
12-10-2011, 10:56
But they are very seldom done. And, guess which agency takes care of that. If you guessed my agency, you are correct. It used to be taken care of on Fort Leavenworth, but they don't do that any longer. Eventually he will be transferred to the BOP to serve out his sentence.

Just out of curiosity, do you think he'll get less than the death penalty? Looking at the issues - and taking emotional responses out of it, something that's not easy to do around here - I'd still say this would be a text book case for it: Multiple victims including at least one pregnant woman; specifically targeting those in uniform; specifically targeting purely random people (I know specifically and random are used weirdly here) meaning it wasn't a "crime of passion" against some one. All of these things seem to me, a layman of legality, to add up to the "special circumstances" that a needed in order to pursue a death penalty.

That's all just my opinion, of course.

FiremanMike
12-10-2011, 11:20
Congrats America, for once again proving that we have no ****ing balls anymore.

Fort Hood was treason and terrorism, political correctness be damned.

Hack
12-10-2011, 12:02
But remember where this took place---Texas

On a federal reservation. Different rules to a degree. The federal laws concerning UMCJ and murder under federal laws on a federal reservation will be considered first. Then, Texas may also get into the act, but I am not sure if it will happen at all. They would probably let it go back to the feds to take care of.

Hack
12-10-2011, 12:12
Just out of curiosity, do you think he'll get less than the death penalty? Looking at the issues - and taking emotional responses out of it, something that's not easy to do around here - I'd still say this would be a text book case for it: Multiple victims including at least one pregnant woman; specifically targeting those in uniform; specifically targeting purely random people (I know specifically and random are used weirdly here) meaning it wasn't a "crime of passion" against some one. All of these things seem to me, a layman of legality, to add up to the "special circumstances" that a needed in order to pursue a death penalty.

That's all just my opinion, of course.

Well, all trial for anything done whilst in the military, on a military property is done under a court martial. This is under a General Court Martial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courts-martial_in_the_United_States