Can you be locked up forever without a trial - Senate just said Yes! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Can you be locked up forever without a trial - Senate just said Yes!

Javelin
12-08-2011, 18:53
McCain is behind this and it passed. The US can lock you up indefinitely without cause and without trial just based on suspicious behavior or merely suspicion alone. And best of all - THE US ARMY WILL BE THE ONES TO LOCK YOU UP!

http://news.yahoo.com/senate-approves-662-billion-defense-bill-012555722.html

The legislation also would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., had sought an exception to the provision for U.S. citizens, but her effort failed, 55-45.

Merry Christmas Holy ****. Where's the aspirin?

Javelin
12-08-2011, 18:55
They just crossed the line in the sand. Big time. :steamed:

eracer
12-08-2011, 18:55
Yay Patriot Act!

Javelin
12-08-2011, 18:57
Yay Patriot Act!

This is much much bigger than the Patriot Act. This thing is ****ing epic. ****ING EPIC! The military is pulling out of Iraq and it appears as though our Government is going to declare war on it's citizens it deems unruly.

Time is ticking. Time is ****ing ticking.

Javelin
12-08-2011, 19:01
I guess there really was a reason to build all those FEMA camps after all. Hell with McCain and his Rhino & liberal counterparts.

eracer
12-08-2011, 19:06
This is much much bigger than the Patriot Act. This thing is ****ing epic. ****ING EPIC! The military is pulling out of Iraq and it appears as though our Government is going to declare war on it's citizens it deems unruly.

Time is ticking. Time is ****ing ticking.They laid the groundwork when they made up the phrase 'Enemy Combatant'.

Once they created a class of American citizens who could be denied their right to due process, the path ahead was set. We are seeing the fears that were dismissed as paranoia become reality.

We need a return to Constitutional Libertarianism. This decision affirms it.

Javelin
12-08-2011, 19:13
They laid the groundwork when they made up the phrase 'Enemy Combatant'.

Once they created a class of American citizens who could be denied their right to due process, the path ahead was set. We are seeing the fears that were dismissed as paranoia become reality.

You know the second you raise your hand to join that group you will be labeled a terrorist suspect and thrown into a FEMA camp or one of our wonderful floating prisons that park offshore in the Pacific.

Javelin
12-08-2011, 19:15
I seriously cannot believe that no one else has really given this much discussion.

Does GT understand that owning a few (or many) firearms like most of do gives them the right to declare you or I or anyone on this forum that owns guns a "suspect" and if you have more cans of food than 7 days... even if you are missing fingers on your hand you are considered by the DOJ to be a possible "suspect"....

Throw your ass in jail without a civil trial / right to a lawyer???? YOU GET NO ****ING LAWYER! Seriously?

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO MY COUNTRY?

eracer
12-08-2011, 19:15
You know the second you raise your hand to join that group you will be labeled a terrorist suspect and thrown into a FEMA camp or one of our wonderful floating prisons that park offshore in the Pacific.That, or labeled a liberal....:faint:

Javelin
12-08-2011, 19:18
Yes no kidding I am hitting the button. I don't even give a **** if I become a tin-foil-hatter this just got really real.

http://www.adoration.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Panic-button.jpg

jellis11
12-08-2011, 19:29
Why are all these crazy 80's movies coming true so soon!? Fortress comes to mind...

Javelin
12-09-2011, 09:29
I have been reading more about this law that passed Senate only for the Prez to veto and send back for revision to allow him total controll over the illegal arresting/detaining/and abolishment of the right to due process.

This is seriously scary. I can't be the only one to see this for what it is?!

Javelin
12-09-2011, 10:00
http://tulsachange.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/camp_fema.jpg

Javelin
12-09-2011, 10:01
http://www.infobomber.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/gun-control-works2.jpg

Feanor
12-09-2011, 21:16
They laid the groundwork when they made up the phrase 'Enemy Combatant'.

How would you return to it? The only way is to forcefully evict the usurpers, you're never going to vote your way back to the way it was.

Back when McCain won the rino nomination to challenge the commie, way back when the economy so conveniently tanked, I saw it right away, the clear handprint of manipulation.

Javelin
12-11-2011, 10:22
How would you return to it? The only way is to forcefully evict the usurpers, you're never going to vote your way back to the way it was.

Back when McCain won the rino nomination to challenge the commie, way back when the economy so conveniently tanked, I saw it right away, the clear handprint of manipulation.

I refuse to just allow these people to abolish the right to Due Process. It is something that was laid out by the framers of our consititution as an unquestionable inalienable right.

:steamed:

Mister_Beefy
12-14-2011, 15:54
osama bin laden smiles from beyond the grave.

holesinpaper
12-15-2011, 12:26
Who knew the events of 1 day would cause the USA to falls so far, so quickly.

Javelin
12-15-2011, 12:30
Who knew the events of 1 day would cause the USA to falls so far, so quickly.

I agree completely. And it was passed with thunderous applaus - and without the knowledge of 99% of the US population.

Sad.

eracer
12-15-2011, 12:35

Back when McCain won the rino nomination to challenge the commie, way back when the economy so conveniently tanked, I saw it right away, the clear handprint of manipulation.I hate to say it, but the Patriot Act was written well before September 11, 2001.

holesinpaper
12-15-2011, 13:51
I hate to say it, but the Patriot Act was written well before September 11, 2001.

Hey I heard that from a moon-bat liberal the other day.

When liberals and conservatives both start getting fed up over the exact same thing... there just might be hope we can reclaim some freedom.

Maybe.

Possibly.

Well, conceivably.

At least theoretically.

MarinePride
12-15-2011, 20:36
I wonder how many citizens are even aware of this? How can something like this stand up when challenged in court? Whoever is for this is a troll, plain and simple. People need to realize this entire homeland security machine is for them, but I guess most people don't have a clue at all.

Alex Jones is proven correct once again.

kirgi08
12-16-2011, 02:16
Tick-tock.'08.

ancient_serpent
12-16-2011, 03:30
""We need the authority to hold those individuals in military custody so we aren't reading them Miranda rights," Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., said in defense of the legislation."

I'm far from some tin foil hatter, but is this as messed up as it seems?

syntaxerrorsix
12-16-2011, 04:59
""We need the authority to hold those individuals in military custody so we aren't reading them Miranda rights," Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., said in defense of the legislation."

I'm far from some tin foil hatter, but is this as messed up as it seems?

Neither am I but I'm starting to think we are looking at the beginning of the end. I don't believe we can vote this mess straight again.

eracer
12-16-2011, 05:24
Hey I heard that from a moon-bat liberal the other day.

When liberals and conservatives both start getting fed up over the exact same thing... there just might be hope we can reclaim some freedom.

Maybe.

Possibly.

Well, conceivably.

At least theoretically.Say it ain't so! Or not. Depending.

ancient_serpent
12-16-2011, 07:06
I'm hoping the President vetos this thing. I'm kinda waiting for someone one with a better background in reading/interpreting law to pop on the thread and explain that I simply misunderstand.....

holesinpaper
12-16-2011, 12:10
Can we send all the original copies of the Constitution to Cuba and have them used as wrappers for rolling a box of really premium cigars?

Javelin
12-17-2011, 20:56
This has received such little attantion. But the NY Times has published an article on it - but to little avail. I like the "Error 403: no right to due process occured" but who is going to push against it?