BH! Serpa doesn't fit my gen2 g22 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BH! Serpa doesn't fit my gen2 g22

andylatham99
12-09-2011, 23:17
is this a known issue? I recently purchased a blackhawk serpa that does not fit my generation 2 glock 22. is it just a lemon holster? Or is there an issue with the generation? Help!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sgt127
12-09-2011, 23:50
There may be a big black chunk of plastic in there as a space holder. Did you take it out?

elde
12-10-2011, 08:22
I didn't remember it being an issue so I pulled out a Gen2 22 and a couple of the appropriate Serpa models -- fits like a glove in Serpas made for the 19/23, 22/17, 26/27.

DannyR
12-10-2011, 08:30
Now if a pistol does not fit a holster, is it a pistol problem or a holster problem.:whistling:

faawrenchbndr
12-10-2011, 08:41
Now if a pistol does not fit a holster, is it a pistol problem or a holster problem.:whistling:

:rofl:

Wawrz
12-10-2011, 08:49
i have a blackhawk cqc holster for my 19 fits like a charm but it's a gen 3 19...

Taildraggerdave
12-10-2011, 09:06
I have the BH Serpa Sport version and it fits both my G21 and G35 fine.
Take care,
Dave

ChrisJn
12-10-2011, 09:10
is this a known issue? I recently purchased a blackhawk serpa that does not fit my generation 2 glock 22. is it just a lemon holster? Or is there an issue with the generation? Help!

Maybe switched to wrong packaging in store??

Bushflyr
12-10-2011, 11:11
is it just a lemon holster?

Yes, the Serpa is a lemon holster. Toss it.

rvrctyrngr
12-10-2011, 11:21

How does it not fit? The Gen 2s don't have rails. I have to adjust the tension on my Gen 3 holsters if I use one of my Gen 2 guns in them.

andylatham99
12-10-2011, 12:06
Thank you for the replies. Basically it will not click into place. The lack of rail is not the issue, plenty of clearance. The only thing i can see is that something is preventing the trigger guard from going far enough into the holster. There is a round 'springy' plastic piece right in front of where the trigger guard goes. I think this could b the spacer that someone was referring too. I tried too remove it last night by unscrewing a screw on the outside of the holster that goes thru this piece of plastic but I couldn't get it out. any recommendations?

thanks again!
Andy

Jason D
12-10-2011, 18:11
The spacer in question is not attached to the holster in any way. It just has a little lip that goes over one side of the holster and prevents the holster from being crushed in shipment.

The thing you tried to remove is the passive restraint system. It's puts tension on the trigger guard. The holsters without the finger button used this as the only restraint device.

Look on the back of your holster. Somewhere moulded onto the back should be what model of gun it fits. Maybe you got the wrong holster in the wrong box.

I have a Serpa CQC holster for a Glock 19.
It will not fit either a G17, or G22. You will receive no help from Blackhawk.

The Serpa I mentioned above was purchased as a right hand holster for a Glock 17.
What came was a left hand G19 holster that doesn't fit. Even though the holster was purchased through Blawkhawk, it was somehow my fault the wrong holster came in the correct right hand G17 box.

While I have several other of their holsters. I will never spend 1 red cent on their crap ever again.

NMGlocker
12-10-2011, 19:23
It's a sign from heaven.
Return that POS Blackhawk Serpa and trade it in on a Safariland ALS.

andylatham99
12-11-2011, 00:57
Jason S you are the winner! and whoever previously said it was wrong packaging! after Jason pointed out where on the holster it says what gun it fits I found out that I am a proud owner of a JK USP compact serpa holster hahaha... oh sooooo much drama for nothing. thanks you guys I really appreciate all of your help!

Andy

cadillacguns
12-11-2011, 05:03
Uh, don't sell your Glock for a HK compact to go with the holster..................(Ha!) You wouldn't do that would you?

IndyGunFreak
12-11-2011, 05:52
It's a sign from heaven.
Return that POS Blackhawk Serpa and trade it in on a Safariland ALS.

:agree:

RussP
12-11-2011, 08:39
Jason S you are the winner! and whoever previously said it was wrong packaging! after Jason pointed out where on the holster it says what gun it fits I found out that I am a proud owner of a JK USP compact serpa holster hahaha... oh sooooo much drama for nothing. thanks you guys I really appreciate all of your help!

Andy

Sent from my DROIDX using TapatalkDid you buy directly from Blackhawk or a retailer?

andylatham99
12-14-2011, 00:01
Roger Cadillac haha and I bought from a retailer. shipping it back and doin an ol swapperoo. can't afford a safariland right now because I just bought the crossbreed. I'm sure that will b a future investment. thanks again fire all the help everyone!

Andy

Fiery Red XIII
12-14-2011, 00:06
Roger Cadillac haha and I bought from a retailer. shipping it back and doin an ol swapperoo. can't afford a safariland right now because I just bought the crossbreed. I'm sure that will b a future investment. thanks again fire all the help everyone!

Andy

lol...taptalk seems like autocorrect! :supergrin:

Red

voiceofreason
12-17-2011, 17:24
Serpas are dangerous holsters IMO.

Many trainers no longer allow Serpas in their courses.

andylatham99
12-30-2011, 01:12
Went ahead and got a safariland level 2 hilster that works great. Thanks again for all the help everyone!

Andy

Sent from my Transformer Prime using Tapatalk

dabigguns357
01-01-2012, 17:40
Find the right holster in leather and never look back.They look better,feel better and even smell better out of the box.

Infact i keep several leather holster boxes in the back seat of my truck to give it that new car smell kinda.