*Video* Ruger Ultra Pepper Spray System [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : *Video* Ruger Ultra Pepper Spray System

ULVER
12-10-2011, 03:58
My ears! I can't hear! My eyes! I can't see! Law Enforcement spray brings me to my knees! :supergrin:

Gotta love that molded finger feature! :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4BGpbGvZU8

Morris
12-10-2011, 07:49
Works great, right up to the point it gets shoved down your throat by the attacker.

yamen1999
12-10-2011, 08:45
Works great, right up to the point it gets shoved down your throat by the attacker.

What do you find wrong with the Rugar product?

I know very little about pepper spray.

acpd541
12-10-2011, 09:09
All you need to now is that i'ts REVOLUTIONARY!

Hack
12-10-2011, 11:20
Meh...

Morris
12-10-2011, 14:17
What do you find wrong with the Rugar product?

I know very little about pepper spray.

All of it. Ruger does not disclose the SHUs or the percentage of their supposed "police level" pepper spray. It's battery operated. It requires more than one step to deploy AND activate. What are the LUMNENs on this supposed disorienting strobe? What is the decibles of this supposedly loud siren? Does that siren get muffled when the body is laying on top of it? Does the user understand self contamination or cross contamination regarding "pepper spray"? Does the user understand that a small canister has a shelf/use life of 1-3 years? Does the user have fightback skill sets when the unit fails?

Serious bad guys are not deterred by deterred by lights, noise and some OC. They are deterred by copper jacketed lead projectiles moving at hundreds of feet per second and a well trained citizen.

AGF0526
12-11-2011, 17:02
I disagree with that and have personally observed many serious bad guys laying on the ground crying, screaming even wetting their pants after being sprayed with a quality Law Enforcement grade OC product. It dose not work 100% of the time but nothing dose.

use2b6L32
12-11-2011, 17:35
serious bad guys are not deterred by deterred by lights, noise and some oc. They are deterred by copper jacketed lead projectiles moving at hundreds of feet per second and a well trained citizen.

this!!!!

Morris
12-11-2011, 17:59
I disagree with that and have personally observed many serious bad guys laying on the ground crying, screaming even wetting their pants after being sprayed with a quality Law Enforcement grade OC product. It dose not work 100% of the time but nothing dose.

Being an OC instructor, I've seen plenty of folks unfazed by it, particularly those buzzing well up there. In all the time I've applied or used OC, I am yet to see someone urinate involuntarily. They want to be pissy about the application? Sure, seen that. Again, this this is a panacea for the sheeple and frankly, will do more harm than good.

blueiron
12-11-2011, 20:03
I was a certified defensive tactics and impact weapons instructor and have seen many people sprayed with OC. Everyone from raging polypharmaceutically influenced EDPs to OC-phobic police recruits at the academy. Not one has ever urinated on themselves.

This product can work on many people. The problem I have with it is that is is over-hyped as a defensive weapon and the gimmicks on it [the alarm and the flashing LED] are over-sold as zero-fail options to that weapon. Batteries fail, things break, and the end user may or may never maintain it. How many citizens call in car alarms and how many cops ever respond to sounding car alarms any more?

We all know that anyone carrying a weapon should have some training in it - how far is its range? Don't spray it into the wind. Is is a fog or stream based system? Is it alcohol based or water based?

It's better than nothing and a good choice for the person whose morals do not allow for the permanent injury or death of any other person, but it should be sold with an advisement that it may not work in all instances.

JohnnyReb
12-11-2011, 20:14
I was a certified defensive tactics and impact weapons instructor and have seen many people sprayed with OC. Everyone from raging polypharmaceutically influenced EDPs to OC-phobic police recruits at the academy. Not one has ever urinated on themselves.

Funny you mention that. In the corrections class before me, we had a guy (who is now a friend of mine) urinate on himself when he was sprayed. He claims it was because he had to go really bad and the instructors wouldn't let him. People still tease him about that to this day.:rofl: