Glock's home and with a friend! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock's home and with a friend!

rcd567
12-10-2011, 19:43
I received my 20sf back from Cold Bore Custom. I had a grip reduction, rounded the trigger gard along with a undercut near the finger grooves. Then ordered a 360 degree meduim texture. All I can say is it AWESOME! My hats off to Lane. His work is outstanding. He removed the hump from the back of the grip which makes it feel closer to a 1911 type grip. The texturing is sticky enough when I'm shooting in the summer and my grip is sweaty, it won't move. He even textured the underside of the trigger gard and the front of the trigger gard. http://www.coldborecustom.com/
I put my new Lonewolf barrel in with a Lonewolf stainless guiderod and 20lbs spring. I'll give a test report later. For now just a few pictures.

Also while it was gone I aquired a Smith & Wesson 1066. I've given it a good cleaning and test fire. Wasn't completely satisfied with the barrel so I got another one. And now it's perfect. I'll have to take my hat off to 10 Ring member "The Shadow" whom I traded PM's with to get the gun up to speed and he has a vast knowledge on the Smith & Wessons. This is going to have to be it for the 10mm family for awhile unless I win the lottery. Enjoy the pics.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/rcd567/smglock.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/rcd567/smsmith.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/rcd567/smpair.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/rcd567/triggard.jpg

arushus
12-10-2011, 21:06
does removing the hump help? I know I want to have mine textured, the trigger guard rounded and undercut, but Im iffy about removing the hump, Im afraid it will change my grip too much and I wont like it, since I dont find that it bothers me now...

B.Reid
12-10-2011, 21:37
What I would have removed is those finger groove humps on the front of the grip. They just hit my hand wrong, I end up gripping on them. Maybe I will take the dremel tool and remove them myself.

_The_Shadow
12-10-2011, 21:45
RCD567, Glad to be able to help out! Both of them are looking great!

I want to do a little relief of the underside of the trigger gaurd near the grip on my G-29, longer shooting scessions has shown some irritation to the top of the middle finger.

rcd567
12-10-2011, 22:38
does removing the hump help? I know I want to have mine textured, the trigger guard rounded and undercut, but Im iffy about removing the hump, Im afraid it will change my grip too much and I wont like it, since I dont find that it bothers me now...

It makes it smaller. Closer to a Springfield XD maybe. Kind of hard to explain. I was raised on shooting the 1911. Even though this is a double stack, removing the hump made it 100 percent better for ME.

If the grip feels large, then have it removed. If it doesn't, don't spend the money.

And I like the finger grooves. Way, way, way, back before the auto craze, I carried a revolver. And I always changed out the grips to "Combat" grips. That's what they called grips with finger grooves. It helped me back then to easily repeat the grip I would take on the gun...still does. To each his/her own.:dunno:

napacountyshooter
12-10-2011, 23:20
Nice. That grip reduction looks a lot cleaner than a lot that I've seen.

4949shooter
12-11-2011, 05:47
Very nice work. That grip truly looks ergonomic.

And congrats on the Smith! I should have bought one of those in 10MM back in the early nineties.

glock20c10mm
12-11-2011, 13:07
...grip reduction, rounded the trigger gard along with a undercut near the finger grooves. Then ordered a 360 degree meduim texture. All I can say is it AWESOME! http://www.coldborecustom.com/
+1 :thumbsup:

I put my new Lonewolf barrel in with a Lonewolf stainless guiderod and 20lbs spring. I'll give a test report later.
I'll be curious how it works out. Lots of different opinions on changing: guiderods, springs, and barrels.

Glockwork Orange
12-11-2011, 13:28
Very nice!

rcd567
12-11-2011, 14:04
+1 :thumbsup:

I'll be curious how it works out. Lots of different opinions on changing: guiderods, springs, and barrels.

Mainly went to Lone Wolf for the fully supported chamber. My stock Glock bulges the cases and I reload so I want to take the stress off the case as much as I can. I even had a few smilies.

21Carrier
12-12-2011, 03:14
Rcd, Lane did a great job (as usual) on your G20. If I wanted a grip reduction, I wouldn't even think about sending it anywhere else. I'm REALLY jealous of that S&W 1066! I still want one so bad! Even though I just got the Delta, I'm really considering buying the local 1076 sometime soon. I just can't get it out of my mind! I think once I have a 10XX and a Gen4 G20, my collection will be complete for a while. Of course, I still actually NEED a small pocket carry gun. I'm looking at maybe a G33/39 for ankle carry, or a smaller pocket 9mm, like a LC9 or CM9. I just don't think I'll be happy until I own that S&W 1076. I know I should buy the small carry gun first, but I just don't know if I can wait on the Smith.

By the way, how's the Smith & Wesson shoot? Do you like it?

Jitterbug
12-12-2011, 07:54
Looks nice RC...

rcd567
12-12-2011, 09:58
Rcd, Lane did a great job (as usual) on your G20. If I wanted a grip reduction, I wouldn't even think about sending it anywhere else. I'm REALLY jealous of that S&W 1066! I still want one so bad! Even though I just got the Delta, I'm really considering buying the local 1076 sometime soon. I just can't get it out of my mind! I think once I have a 10XX and a Gen4 G20, my collection will be complete for a while. Of course, I still actually NEED a small pocket carry gun. I'm looking at maybe a G33/39 for ankle carry, or a smaller pocket 9mm, like a LC9 or CM9. I just don't think I'll be happy until I own that S&W 1076. I know I should buy the small carry gun first, but I just don't know if I can wait on the Smith.

By the way, how's the Smith & Wesson shoot? Do you like it?

The Smith goes bang every time. I went to an after market parts store and bought a bunch of extra parts, mostly springs and such in case of the "Zombies". I also picked up a rubber buffer for shooting real 10mm rounds. I carried the 45acp version of this almost all of my career as a Police Officer. I cannot tell you how many thousands or even 10's of thousands of rounds I have through this platform. Attended numerous shooting schools with this platform also. In all those rounds I experience only a broken ejector which our dept. armorer promptly fixed. I think he replaced all the springs at that time too (I may have had all the springs replaced a time or two also). These things are built like tanks.

I wouldn't mind getting a 10mm 1911 and one of the old Smith & Wesson revolvers some day. But that won't happen for awhile. Maybe a Glock 29 too. Only time will tell.