BH Serpa...light holsters?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BH Serpa...light holsters??

emt1581
12-10-2011, 21:06
For an OWB holster the Serpa is my hands-down favorite rig!

However they don't make one for pistols with the TLR-1 or any of the popular weapon mounted lights. Anyone know if they are coming out with more gun/light holsters?

Thanks

-Emt1581

cowboy1964
12-10-2011, 21:27
No but check into the Safariland 6377.

emt1581
12-10-2011, 21:35
No but check into the Safariland 6377.

I actually have a safariland holstering my G17 w/ TLR-1 on my nightstand. The one I have is just a tension screw retention but great rig for around the house when concealment and retention are a non-issue. Slammed into many-a-doorway with no damage to the gun/holster/doorway.

However, I'm used to a Serpa for OWB carry at the range or around town so I wanted to stay within that system.

Thanks

-Emt1581

RyanNREMTP
12-10-2011, 22:43
I believe the only Serpa holster that accepts a light is the one especially made for the Xiphos light. When it comes to holster for pistols with lights Safariland is the best.

emt1581
12-10-2011, 22:50
I believe the only Serpa holster that accepts a light is the one especially made for the Xiphos light. When it comes to holster for pistols with lights Safariland is the best.

That was it the Xiphos....who the hell even uses that light?? I've never seen a review done on one, a weapon that has one on it. From a marketing standpoint, if they were only going to do one light...why not a streamlight, surefire, etc??

Instead they tried to corner their consumer base into buying another one of their products in order to satisfy a desire/use. Bad idea and inconsiderate towards their consumers I say.

So no Serpa with a WIDELY USED light in the near future...even though they'd probably sell like crazy since most holster manufacturers seem to be going that way....

....but ok...have I mentioned my disdain for their business practices/logic yet?

Thanks

-Emt1581

MaximaDrvr
12-11-2011, 14:50
I'll be getting the Xiphos light and matching holster in January.
I'll let everyone know if it can hold other brands of lights as well, or if it can be easily modified to do so.

$100 total for the light and holster was enough reason for me to check it out.

rudeboy3
12-11-2011, 14:57
The truth is, the BH serpa with the light are not being used by LEO's alot because safariland is far superior to them. Even if they did make it available to the TLR or the X series lights they would still not sell a ton of them which is probably why they haven't spent the money on doing it.

KiloBravo
12-11-2011, 17:27
I think the reason that you must use the dedicated Blackhawk light with their light capable serpa is because the retention system plays on using the trigger guard. Therefore they must offset the light on the firearm and a traditional mounted one will not work. Safariland makes a much sturdier holster anyway that will accomodate a more common weapon light.

cjklotz436
12-11-2011, 17:33
I use the Xiophos as do amny people up here. I love it. It is Bright and seems to run long. It has built in features that make it work for me. I also Love My Serpa "Level III". I think that it is one of those things, people who hate on Blackhawk are going to keep hating but blackhawk makes solid non-weapon lights as well.

I know the Combo of light and holster can be found cheaply on the internet $100ish at Optics planet and others. I would say check it out. If you don't like it return it.

emt1581
12-11-2011, 18:09
I use the Xiophos as do amny people up here. I love it. It is Bright and seems to run long. It has built in features that make it work for me. I also Love My Serpa "Level III". I think that it is one of those things, people who hate on Blackhawk are going to keep hating but blackhawk makes solid non-weapon lights as well.

I know the Combo of light and holster can be found cheaply on the internet $100ish at Optics planet and others. I would say check it out. If you don't like it return it.

Thats an idea.

Thanks

-Emt1581

emt1581
12-11-2011, 18:26
I'm not seeing any such "combo" on opticsplanet or ebay or anywhere else and certainly not for anywhere even close to $100. Anyone got any links?

Thanks

-Emt1581

emt1581
12-11-2011, 20:26
I'll be getting the Xiphos light and matching holster in January.
I'll let everyone know if it can hold other brands of lights as well, or if it can be easily modified to do so.

$100 total for the light and holster was enough reason for me to check it out.

Where did you find that deal?? I have been looking for a while now and not only have I not seen a "combo". But to add the two up would be in the neighborhood of $200.

Someone come along and show me where this "combo" is.

Thanks

-Emt1581

cjklotz436
12-11-2011, 21:29
I will see if I can find the combo again. I know several people who all carry the "Level III" with Xiphos None of us paid more than $110 shipped for everything. I am not sure if Blackhawk has stopped seeling the combo- I don't see why they would. When I bought it seemed like buy the holster get the light free. Was totally worth it. I love the light (super white and super bright- says 90 lumens but seems brighter)

cjklotz436
12-11-2011, 21:32
Where did you find that deal?? I have been looking for a while now and not only have I not seen a "combo". But to add the two up would be in the neighborhood of $200.

Someone come along and show me where this "combo" is.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Are you looking for a Duty holster or a carry holster. I know that they sell a "Level II" for lights similar to the sporsters I think it runs around $50 on the Blackhawk Site

emt1581
12-11-2011, 21:41
I will see if I can find the combo again. I know several people who all carry the "Level III" with Xiphos None of us paid more than $110 shipped for everything. I am not sure if Blackhawk has stopped seeling the combo- I don't see why they would. When I bought it seemed like buy the holster get the light free. Was totally worth it. I love the light (super white and super bright- says 90 lumens but seems brighter)

Yeah whether level II or III, I've not seen ANY combo deals for ANY where close to $100.

Personally I'm looking for level II paddle.

I'm willing to give this setup a try for $100-ish. But no way I'm spending double that! My safariland works well enough AND accepts my TLR-1. I just like to standardize.

Hopefully someone knows of a place that still has this $100 deal.

Thanks

-Emt1581

MaximaDrvr
12-12-2011, 08:39
My $100 deal is that a family member works for ATK (which owns blackhawk) and gets an employee discount.

emt1581
12-12-2011, 18:15
My $100 deal is that a family member works for ATK (which owns blackhawk) and gets an employee discount.

In other words I'm looking at $200 if I want to stay within the serpa system and there is not combo deal...

Guess I'm sticking with Safariland for this rig.

-Emt1581

up1911fan
12-13-2011, 13:04
If I wanted a kydex holster with retention it would be Safariland or the Blade-Tech WRS. Blackhawk only makes their holster for their light, I don't like either.

itstime
12-13-2011, 13:15
Off topic but what's the difference between the concealment holster and the sportster? I was told the paddle isn't included with the sportster but the price difference has me concerned. (thinner kydex?)

emt1581
12-13-2011, 18:16
Off topic but what's the difference between the concealment holster and the sportster? I was told the paddle isn't included with the sportster but the price difference has me concerned. (thinner kydex?)

I believe you get both attachments plus a carbon fiber holster. Personally I have close to a dozen Serpa rigs and have not spent the money for the CQB for any of them.

-Emt1581